Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We should sign Tavon Austin

I think he would be outright diabolical in an offense with Luck. LA and Dallas goofed on his utilization, expecting him to be a main player in the offense. His value lies in complementing other weapons, I think he would be very lethal next to Hilton, Doyle/Ebron, Mack. Our offense would be so deadly that I think it would make up for Bell not being a real option.

e: DeSean Jackson, as well. good gawd could you imagine that offense?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, colt18 said:

I think he would be outright diabolical in an offense with Luck. LA and Dallas goofed on his utilization, expecting him to be a main player in the offense. His value lies in complementing other weapons, I think he would be very lethal next to Hilton, Doyle/Ebron, Mack. Our offense would be so deadly that I think it would make up for Bell not being a real option.

You wanted Reich before anyone else, so I'm in.

On a side note:  what numbers should I play in the lottery tonight?

:D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, colt18 said:

e: DeSean Jackson, as well. good gawd could you imagine that offense?

Mcvay couldn't get anything out of him, and he's pretty much an offensive genius.  Austin is just another guy that never reached his potential

• Like 2

Not sure why you would pick Austin ahead of all potential free agents and everyone in the draft. Take a look again at who Ballard has added and how he expects them to complement our O. I doubt Austins agent bothers to call.

Same with Jackson. Wrong guy, wrong town. Gonna b interesting.

2 hours ago, TheMiz said:

I'm in favor of having Inman on the team next year, but not as the #2. 

Of course...definitely not as the two but I feel we need him in our WR corps next year.  He has been a dependable target for Luck.  I see why the coaches wanted to bring him in. 

• Like 1

These are the top 10 free agent WR's(in terms of catches, I've omitted Chester Rogers) available as unrestricted free agents, and their age. Honestly, none of them excite me in any way:

Adam Humphries 26 TB

Tate Golden Tate 31 PHI

Fitzgerald Larry Fitzgerald 36 ARI

Beasley Cole Beasley 30 DAL

Anderson Robby Anderson 26 NYJ

Moncrief Donte Moncrief 26 JAC

Funchess Devin Funchess 25 CAR

Brown John Brown 29 BAL

Williams Tyrell Williams 27 LAC

Gordon Josh Gordon 28 NE

3 hours ago, ColtV said:

These are the top 10 free agent WR's(in terms of catches, I've omitted Chester Rogers) available as unrestricted free agents, and their age. Honestly, none of them excite me in any way:

Adam Humphries 26 TB

Tate Golden Tate 31 PHI

Fitzgerald Larry Fitzgerald 36 ARI

Beasley Cole Beasley 30 DAL

Anderson Robby Anderson 26 NYJ

Moncrief Donte Moncrief 26 JAC

Funchess Devin Funchess 25 CAR

Brown John Brown 29 BAL

Williams Tyrell Williams 27 LAC

Gordon Josh Gordon 28 NE

Robby Anderson could be the #2 we're looking for.  I'd offer him 4yrs 30-32m.  Tyrell has shown flashes but I see him as no more than a third option, like Inman.  Overall those are slim pickings.