Sign in to follow this  
ThorstenDenmark

Larry Fitzgerald 2019???

Well, It looks like Larry Fitzgerald is done in Arizona after this season, so if he wants a last shot on a super bowl ring... should the colts then try to get him?

I know he's turning 36 during the summer, but his numbers for this last season are pretty okay.

6 td's

69 receptions 

734 yards

and 10,6 avg yards pr catch. 

If we don't draft a big body, I would love him on our team as a backup WR and give some of his experience on to the younger guys.

He might retire, but IF he choose to go somewhere else than Arizona, I would love him in a colts uniform and a big target for Luck.

By the way, he won't want huge money.

Thoughts? 

Colts have tried this a couple times. (Aging veteran)

Easy pass!

Nothing else to really discuss.

I’d be very interested in Fitz.   Super high character guy and he still has talent.   I think he could still help the Colts.

But my hunch says Ballard will pass...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I’d be very interested in Fitz.   Super high character guy and he still has talent.   I think he could still help the Colts.

But my hunch says Ballard will pass...

Dude still has the  best hands in the league imo. he's one of my favorite players in the league I always feel so bad that he has had a garbage QB 90% of his career.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DownHillRunner said:

Two words: ANDRE JOHNSON! 

Larry has always been way better than Johnson. 

Besides, Luck is way more healthy now, than when we signed Johnson.

But, It won't happen, just read Larry won't play for another team.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Curious myself. They reported on Ajayi right away but nothing on Lynch. 
    • So you are saying players that work on technique are wasting their time?? I’m not understanding where you are going with this I guess. A WR stands still and catches balls from a jugs machine. Why, well that’s because he is practicing to get better. It all makes since to me!
    • You see how that's a conflation of two separate issues? (With a sprinkling of a third issue, tbh.)   1) Team A picking at #15 might have a problem with Hockenson, maybe their evaluation of his talent or character or whatever. Maybe they have a second round grade on him. Team B picking at #26 might have Hockenson as a top ten player on their board. And maybe a handful of other teams between those two have higher grades on different players that align with their needs, or maybe they aren't disciplined in their approach or have different draft philosophies. Maybe some of those teams don't see positional value in TEs, so they pass on Hockenson, leaving him available at #26. Again, the point is that not every team has the same board, and there are many reasons why that might be the case.   2) You're adding in the quality of the evaluation. Team B might think more highly of the player than anyone else, and maybe they're right and he turns out to be a stud. Maybe they're wrong, and he's a dud. But that's a question of player evaluation, not draft strategy.   3) Gronk was a second rounder himself. And he's turning out to be one of the best TEs in NFL history. Anyone saying 'Hockenson is the next Gronk' isn't being an honest evaluator, and I don't want my GM drafting players because he's convinced they'll be the next HOF player at any position. The odds stacked heavily against that. (I said the same last year to everyone claiming Barkley was a guaranteed HOFer who would singlehandedly elevate any offense to the top of the league.) That's a way to rationalize drafting a player you're in love with. It's not a disciplined draft strategy.
    • Agreed. My over arching point to BPA vs needs discussion is that the terms themselves can have different meanings, so the various good points made can get lost in the wash.   But I do think the preponderance of thinking lists BPA agnostic of attributes for a given scheme, which is how the national websites tend to do it.  So when GMs pick the 45th ranked player with pick 33, many criticize the pick as "reaching" for a need because they they don't stop to think that 5 or 6 players ranked in between weren't even considered a good fit for the team to begin with.   
    • Him and Lewis will elevate that draft class even higher. 
  • Members

• coltsva

coltsva 889

• Old Colt

Old Colt 283

• chad72

chad72 9,138

• shastamasta

shastamasta 1,493

• ericdcoltsfan

ericdcoltsfan 13

• FastStarts