Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Texans 2019 AFC Wild Card Round Playoff Game Thread

LucasOilStadium

10 minutes ago, TomDiggs said:

He sure did

He honestly played like one of the best players on the field tonight defensively.

With all our cap space we should follow Ballard's mantra and pay the guys who have earned it and show they belong.

Moore has one more year left on his contract after this year but Desir is a FA.

And heck, Desir played well too on Hopkins tonight for that matter.

Desir has had a very nice season. Enough to re-sign him in my opinion. Corner depth should not be an issue for us next season. I wish he would have picked that pass off and took it to the house. We just don't seem to have the playmaker corners that can make those plays. We could use it. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

Is it wrong I feel kinda sorry for Watt? Destined to never get a ring?

I was thinking the same thing. Dude is gonna be just like Reggie Miller though. He’s loyal and a great guy, he won’t leave on his own accord

3 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

They were stonewalled numerous times anyone who thinks we dont need DL help is smoking crack 

Could we use an upgrade? Sure.  But let’s not forget that DL you’re whining about didn’t allow a single 100 yard rusher all season, going against some of the BEST RBs and OLs in the league. They’re not as bad as you suggest

2 minutes ago, DrColtsFan said:

Did they cover Ebron well?  He didn’t seem to get many targets tonight.

Very

4 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

They were stonewalled numerous times anyone who thinks we dont need DL help is smoking crack 

You're being hyperbolic... you said the D did nothing all game yet they have up 7 points on the road? The holding in the 2nd half on the interior was beyond blatant, yet they still got Watson off his spot several times. 

The line has been very good against the run all year, but yes I agree we could do with an out and out elite pass rusher. But there's lots of teams who could do with one too. 

Good job it's a deep D-Line draft really, someone might fall to #32...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, csmopar said:

I was thinking the same thing. Dude is gonna be just like Reggie Miller though. He’s loyal and a great guy, he won’t leave on his own accord

Could we use an upgrade? Sure.  But let’s not forget that DL you’re whining about didn’t allow a single 100 yard rusher all season, going against some of the BEST RBs and OLs in the league. They’re not as bad as you suggest

They have great run D but the pass rush is not where it should be try and argue it all you want I really dont care

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

They have great run D but the pass rush is not where it should be try and argue it all you want I really dont care

You know it's called a discussion forum right.... 

Seriously, we just won a playoff game after starting 1-5 and you want to go there. Happy the proverbial up.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

What a Game.

Question what happened to the offense the second half. Was that just great defense by the Texans.

Maybe....but we were conservative with a 21-0 lead..

We don't have to look good for 4 quarters.....

If we didn't get anyone hurt...this was playoff perfection

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

You know it's called a discussion forum right.... 

Seriously, we just won a playoff game after starting 1-5 and you want to go there. Happy the proverbial up.

Trust me I'm happy but everyone is calling me out for stating literally the biggest need on the team like I'm some dumb fool lol

2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

No need to be * about it. Yes I’d like to see our pass rush improve too. But dang man, this team was predicted to be last in the league, drafting first. And after going 1-5, colts just won a playoff game and you whining about pass rush now?! We sacked him what, 3 times, hurried and flushed a very fast and mobile QB many times that? What more do you want? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Trust me I'm happy but everyone is calling me out for stating literally the biggest need on the team like I'm some dumb fool lol

No they called you out for being OTT in stating how bad it was. Yes there's need, but you made out like they didn't get anywhere near Watson and let him carve us up. Nuance my friend... nuance. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Nahhh.. I'd rather the chargers or Ravens take care of them... Preferably the chargers! Both will be good match ups for those fools anyhow

Maybe that’d be the best route for us IF we can win next week. But admit, it’d be worth seeing. I think if we’d played NE later in the year than we did, I think we win that one. 

But first things first, let’s go get KC. That’s gonna be a tougher challenge

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Now I can enjoy watching the other 3 games:sip:

I apologize for doubting you when you were calling the game earlier. I was a nervous wreck 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SteelCityColt said:

No they called you out for being OTT in stating how bad it was. Yes there's need, but you made out like they didn't get anywhere near Watson and let him carve us up. Nuance my friend... nuance. 

Watson nearly had 100 yards himself 

Nobody is calling you a fool but 7 points given up and 3 sacks are facts that you're being a bit over dramatic..

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Maybe that’d be the best route for us IF we can win next week. But admit, it’d be worth seeing. I think if we’d played NE later in the year than we did, I think we win that one. 

But first things first, let’s go get KC. That’s gonna be a tougher challenge

I apologize for doubting you when you were calling the game earlier. I was a nervous wreck 

No problem.....I might have jumped the gun a bit...

...but this game was so much like the Tennessee game.

Are we THIS good??   KCs defense should be worried about us..

Watson nearly had 100 yards himself 

Yeah, he’s done that to nearly every team they’ve played the last 8 weeks

Just now, oldunclemark said:

No problem.....I might have jumped the gun a bit...

...but this game was so much like the Tennessee game.

Are we THIS good??   KCs defense should be worried about us..

I don’t know, but we gonna find out soon enough.  Gonna need all hands on D and O next week. It’s gonna take a perfect, flawless game. 

• Like 1