Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Philadelphia (+6.5) at Bears (1-6-19)

oldunclemark

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

That reminds me of that game in Minny where Teddy drove the team down for a game-ending 27 yard FG and our kicker missed it. 

And the kicker took it really hard, right?

It stayed with him for a long time..the fans werd hard on him

What was his name?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

That reminds me of that game in Minny where Teddy drove the team down for a game-ending 27 yard FG and our kicker missed it. 

Yeah I thought of you when Minny missed a chip shot vs Seattle. Bears fans were so stunned just now you could've heard a pin drop in that stadium. Crazy way to lose. That thing hit the upright like 3 times :funny:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

And the kicker took it really hard, right?

It stayed with him for a long time..the fans werd hard on him

What was his name?

Blair Walsh. We retained him but he missed several kicks the following season. We cut him in season in 2016.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Parkey will be gone next year.

Its happened too many times.

he's a good boy....I really feel bad for him

Yeah, it is a matter of time.

Ask Philip Rivers and the Chargers - how many playoff games has Rivers lost due to a bad kicker? 2009 divisional round vs Jets, 2006 divisional round vs Patriots (Nate Kaeding who came over in the Eli Manning trade in both games above) plus countless regular season games. Now, he has a decent one.

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Blair Walsh. We retained him but he missed several kicks the following season. We cut him in season in 2016.

Thank you. Blair Walsh

I remember a story about how one young fan wrote him much later and apologized for the way the fans treated him.

…..and he made sure he wrote her back to thank her

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This whole thing is wide open, I can actually see a Colts/Pats Title Game lmao . Colts are back and Tommy never loses in the Divisional Round at home.

I had Rams/Pats most of the year but now I really do not know....it could be anyone.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Thank you. Blair Walsh

I remember a story about how one fan wrote him much later and apologized for the way the fans treated him.

…..and he made sure he wrote her back to thank her

Yep. That's him. I guess he did not get "Minnesota Nice" from those fans. (I am not a Minnesotan nor am I from anywhere in the area. I just chose to be a Vikings fan when I was in college. I loved John Randle, Henry Thomas, Chris Doleman, Cris Carter, Jack Del Rio and those guys from the 90s.)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Yep. That's him. I guess he did not get "Minnesota Nice" from those fans. (I am not a Minnesotan nor am I from anywhere in the area. I just chose to be a Vikings fan when I was in college. I loved John Randle, Henry Thomas, Chris Doleman, Cris Carter, Jack Del Rio and those guys from the 90s.)

98 Vikes still rule! Moss, Carter, Smith, Randle, and Cunningham.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

98 Vikes still rule! Moss, Carter, Smith, Randle, and Cunningham.

Another missed FG moment. Gary Andersen does not miss any FG all year. Then he misses that one in the playoffs to send the Falcons to the Super Bowl.  :Cry:

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Another missed FG moment. Gary Andersen does not miss any FG all year. Then he misses that one in the playoffs to send the Falcons to the Super Bowl.  :Cry:

Yeah that was crazy bad luck. I had them winning it all after about week 10 during that season. Football is great at times and crushing at times. When we lost to Pitt in 2005 I felt your pain.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This whole thing is wide open, I can actually see a Colts/Pats Title Game lmao . Colts are back and Tommy never loses in the Divisional Round at home.

I don't think most people would give us a chance to win, but if we can keep it close who knows? Man I would love Luck's 1st career win vs Brady to be in the AFCCG to go to the SB! From 1-5 to legit Super Bowl aspirations! First we have to go 1-0 vs KC though.

• Like 1

A little perspective on this.  Yes the kicker missed. That's on him and that's what he gets paid for. However, the Bears D chocked on that last drive.   U have up 2  1st round picks for Mack and majority of your talent and cap is on the D.  Should never have come to a kick.  Eagles had the ball, the Bears D needs to stop them and they didn't. Oh.....and Tribusky is not the answer. He simply can't read a D.   He has made no progress since his rookie year.  This is why I say buyer beware of all these hot O coordinators. What had Nagy added to this team? The D is loaded and the offense is terrible.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Man if we ever lose like this in the Playoffs I would be sick and not watch anything Football related at least for a month. A kick that hits the up rights and crossbar and misses :facepalm:

The Vanderjagt miss in 2005, literally had me upset for a week.

I was so convinced, it was the Colts year.

2006-07 was nice, but the Colts should've had multiple SB in the Manning era.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MPStack said:

The Vanderjagt miss in 2005, literally had me upset for a week.

I was so convinced, it was the Colts year.

2006-07 was nice, but the Colts should've had multiple SB in the Manning era.

After Vander missed that FG, I didn't watch anything for a week Football related stuff. After that game I went to bed actually and shut the lights out for the night. I was so upset.

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Man if we ever lose like this in the Playoffs I would be sick and not watch anything Football related at least for a month. A kick that hits the up rights and crossbar and misses :facepalm:

It is not easy but we have all survived them. You would be back here the next day. This is when you need your fellow fans most. 

I read that Bears fans are making death threats against the kid. Come on. That's disgraceful.

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

It is not easy but we have all survived them. You would be back here the next day. This is when you need your fellow fans most. 

I read that Bears fans are making death threats against the kid. Come on. That's disgraceful.

That is way over board :facepalm:. I have no idea why people act like that. I just get disappointed and hurt and go to bed, shut the TV off.:funny:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JPPT1974 said:

Wonder how the Eagles are going to fare against the Saints? As really wonder if Bears wished they had Robbie Gould back?!

I wonder if the Bears wished they had sat their starters last week? Then they would have played the Vikes instead of the Eagles today and would have destroyed Cousins and Company. 

• Thanks 1