Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dan Dakich... Maybe less flags thrown Colts-Texans game

HOF19

Dakich read ….. ON AIR  an NFL  report that the referee crew working Colts-Texans game have thrown the LEAST amount of flags than any other crew in the league this season …… Let the players play (I hope ) ! ………… GO COLTS !!!!!

• Like 7

This would also mean DeShaun Watson will run around with his OL holding to extend plays more and he does that far more than Luck. That should be our number one concern. Limiting DeShaun Watson is how we won on the road last time.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

Dakich read ….. ON AIR  an NFL  report that the referee crew working Colts-Texans game have thrown the LEAST amount of flags than any other crew in the league this season …… Let the players play (I hope ) ! ………… GO COLTS !!!!!

Unless of course all the flags go against Houston.

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I don't want more or less flags, I just want the obvious stuff called correctly and without too much bias for the home team, in all circumstance. 

That's what we always want.  Just fairness.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

When the 2 teams played 3 weeks ago, Colts had 9 Penalties, Texans had 7 Penalties.  

I really believe the refs called those 5 penalties on Tennessees last drive so people would see this and assume it was evenly called. Fact is most of the game we had 9 and they had 0 or 1. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DrLuck said:

I really believe the refs called those 5 penalties on Tennessees last drive so people would see this and assume it was evenly called. Fact is most of the game we had 9 and they had 0 or 1. 

You are correct.  At one point the Colts had 11 for 91 yards and the Titans had 0 for 0.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

as long as the calls are fair and even, I'd have no problem. 

I agree, as long as they are consistent I have no problem with the refs.  I do wish that there was more consistency from one crew to the next.

4 hours ago, HOF19 said:

Hell yes!

Sincerely,

Mark Glowinski 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, #12. said:

Hell yes!

Sincerely,

Mark Glowinski 

Seriously some of those holds on Glow were straight garbage.

People wonder why Oline play has deteriorated, but when guys literally pancake or send a Dlineman on his * it's either a hold or a helmet to helmet. 

2 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Seriously some of those holds on Glow were straight garbage.

People wonder why Oline play has deteriorated, but when guys literally pancake or send a Dlineman on his * it's either a hold or a helmet to helmet. 

I hear you, but I couldn't bring myself to complain about a call for the rest of this campaign.  If we don't get the holding call, negating the Luck fumble vs. the Giants, we're toast.  

We also benefited from the worst pass interference penalty I've ever seen in the Steelers/Saints game. 

I'm not complaining.

8 hours ago, DrLuck said:

The end of the game was suspicious to me. Seems as if they were trying to make it look even.

9 hours ago, coltsva said:

And the rain will be an advantage for the Titans Sunday night.

It was a joke poking fun at those who worry that every uncontrollable variable will work against the Colts. 

Last week it was rain at Tennessee, this week refs at Houston. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, coltsva said:

It was a joke poking fun at those who worry that every uncontrollable variable will work against the Colts. 

Ahhh, one of them thar emoticons up above would help drive the point across...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Ummm.... NRG (old Reliant) stadium has a retractable roof...

NRG is a domed stadium now.  The roof hasn't been open for a game since November of 2014.  Every time it was open, the Houston fans complained and b1tched.  Two years ago, during the Super Bowl, the NFL recommend Houston should open it at 75 degrees.  They didn't.

The greatest open roof/sunlight moment ever at NRG had to be Rosencopter.

I think the roof was open.  

I still feel like in high profile games the NFL uses refs and flags to make a game more competitive. A timely flag and instead of 14-6 it turns into 14-10 that kind of thing. Especially late in the third quarter where a good running team could easily chew the game up. That’s when you see the phantom holding calls. Seems like clockwork.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, coltsva said:

We can whine about controlled variables if that is better. :)

Apparently the colts have a snowball's chance of winning 3 games on the road and making it to the superbowl. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001007522/article/super-bowl-liii-statistical-model-projects-chiefssaints-clash

Although, I dont think an analytic model is needed to say the number 1 seed has the best chance. :/

11 minutes ago, Mr.ZapRowsdower said:

I still feel like in high profile games the NFL uses refs and flags to make a game more competitive. A timely flag and instead of 14-6 it turns into 14-10 that kind of thing. Especially late in the third quarter where a good running team could easily chew the game up. That’s when you see the phantom holding calls. Seems like clockwork.

I CONCUR. I believe that as well. 

17 hours ago, HOF19 said:

Less PI calls, more TY and Ebron getting mugged.