Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Superman

Leonard and Nelson both named AP All Pro

Recommended Posts

Love it! I actually knew that Butkus and Sayers were the other one, they were taken back to back in the first round if I remember right. This is awesome for Leonard and Nelson. So proud of them! Once again, great job by Ballard getting both of them!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Suck it media.  Our guys will take the votes that actually matter.

Umm, it's the media that votes for All-Pro

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s spectacular. Congrats to both men.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

thats what happens when the fans doing the voting.

 

Fan voting is only one third of the vote, so media and league people deserve blame for that one also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Superman said:

 

Fan voting is only one third of the vote, so media and league people deserve blame for that one also.

 

I was under the impression the fans voted then anyone the fans didn't vote for, the league and media would include as pro bowl worthy as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Umm, it's the media that votes for All-Pro

I thought it was only the coaches.  Well, suck it anyway media.

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow...first rookie duo since Butkus and Sayers????  That's some accomplishment!

 

Well deserved and we know they both work their * off to prepare for games.

 

I imagine both will be team captains in the near future.

 

They have both brought an attitude to their side of the ball and we're lucky to have them.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

I was under the impression the fans voted then anyone the fans didn't vote for, the league and media would include as pro bowl worthy as well.

 

I don't know the exact process, but I'm pretty sure the coaches and players votes (I said media earlier, it's actually the players themselves) are factored into the initial roster determinations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Superman said:

 

I don't know the exact process, but I'm pretty sure the coaches and players votes (I said media earlier, it's actually the players themselves) are factored into the initial roster determinations.

 

Us basically having nothing, but one o'clock games didn't help leonard either

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Pelt said:

Niiiiice for the Maniac and QHOP.

 

I tend to think this is more of an honor than the pointless pro bowl.

Farr more of an honor.  I mean it is basically one player per position.  Absolutely amazing accomplishment.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Luck 4 president said:

Now just needs DROY, and a super bowl ring 

Either way, what a great season for our team!!! Happy Happy!!!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

thats what happens when the fans doing the voting.

Fan vote was not the reason he didnt make the pro bowl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheMarine said:

Fan vote was not the reason he didnt make the pro bowl

 

no there are other factors, however the fans not seeing Leonard play mostly because we had no prime games expect the pats game which he didn't play in, really hurt his chances.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TheMarine said:

Fan vote was not the reason he didnt make the pro bowl

 

Casual media that look at prime time or marquee games and do not do their due diligence can be culprits too. They started taking the Colts seriously only since the Cowboys game, IMO.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

 

Casual media that look at prime time or marquee games and do not do their due diligence can be culprits too. They started taking the Colts seriously only since the Cowboys game, IMO.

Let's put this to bed,  the number one factor was having leanord grouped with Edge rushers. NFL needs to separate these categories. It makes people strictly look at sacks and that's not fair as they play completely different positions in all but name.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

no there are other factors, however the fans not seeing Leonard play mostly because we had no prime games expect the pats game which he didn't play in, really hurt his chances.

 

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

 

Casual media that look at prime time or marquee games and do not do their due diligence can be culprits too. They started taking the Colts seriously only since the Cowboys game, IMO.

 

Latest I can see is Darius finished 5th in the Fan vote as an Outside Linebacker. People knew who he was. It was the Coaches and Players who didn't vote for him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I see a lot of awards, trophies, and banners in the Colts' future.

 

We're gonna need a bigger boat...

 

YBh2zIW.gif

There was also a terrible spinoff of Jaws that came out last year called "santa jaws". An absolutely hilarious, but terrible movie.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ballard deserves GM of the year. Pick your story. 

 

Hires Frank Reich after Josh McDbag bails. Handled with grace and looks like a great hire. We are going to the playoffs.

 

Traded back in the first round and picked up TWO rookie all-pros. (Not even taking into consideration all of the other picks that have contributed, B. Smith, N. Hines, etc.) 

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TheMarine said:

 

 

Latest I can see is Darius finished 5th in the Fan vote as an Outside Linebacker. People knew who he was. It was the Coaches and Players who didn't vote for him

 

Very interesting. I did not know that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CamMo said:

Ballard deserves GM of the year. Pick your story. 

 

Hires Frank Reich after Josh McDbag bails. Handled with grace and looks like a great hire. We are going to the playoffs.

 

Traded back in the first round and picked up TWO rookie all-pros. (Not even taking into consideration all of the other picks that have contributed, B. Smith, N. Hines, etc.) 

 

 

It'll be between Ballard and Pace for that award. I wouldn't be surprised to see it go either way tbh.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Leonard an All Pro but not voted as a pro bowler.   

 

Just shows why using the # of Pro Bowls a player has been selected for as a metric to evaluate players is flawed. 

 

The whole thing is broken from selection to game right now IMO.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Superman said:

 

I don't know the exact process, but I'm pretty sure the coaches and players votes (I said media earlier, it's actually the players themselves) are factored into the initial roster determinations.

 

My challenge to the process is how many players/coaches actually make selections and why do we assume they have better knowledge of players off their radar (e.g. if they're not opponents that season). 

 

Given it's split into thirds, in theory a very small sample of players could have as much say as thousands of public voters. 

 

That's before we even get into the whole selection depth chart not relating to the modern game in some ways. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SteelCityColt said:

 

Just shows why using the # of Pro Bowls a player has been selected for as a metric to evaluate players is flawed. 

 

The whole thing is broken from selection to game right now IMO.

It's flawed because of the fan vote. Fans are naturally biased, and 80-90% of them either will vote for their team's players because of that, or for the more casual ones, because they don't know a lot of the other choices. It causes the more active fanbases to get their players more votes, and the players that get more attention from the media throughout the year will also benefit. It's the same problem for the MLB all-star game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

 

My challenge to the process is how many players/coaches actually make selections and why do we assume they have better knowledge of players off their radar (e.g. if they're not opponents that season). 

 

Given it's split into thirds, in theory a very small sample of players could have as much say as thousands of public voters. 

 

That's before we even get into the whole selection depth chart not relating to the modern game in some ways. 

 

I think players and coaches know at least as much about the rest of the league as fans, so I don't object to that at all. And fans are going to vote every day and tweet as many times as they can for their favorite players, deserving or not, whereas I assume players and coaches get one chance to vote.

 

End of the day, we all know it's a popularity contest, not a true measure of how good a player is. It's an All Star game, and should be viewed as such.

 

Your last point is spot on, though. No reason FBs should get voted into the Pro Bowl over more deserving players at other positions. They could easily call it a flex position, and balance the rosters out later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

The whole thing is broken from selection to game right now IMO.

 

I don't view it as broken, because it's just an All Star game. 

 

To me, the Pro Bowl was always about an exhibition for good players, but mostly a chance for them to go to Hawaii and celebrate a good season. It was better after the SB, when the champs could kind of thump their chest around their peers from other teams (I'll never forget after the Giants beat the Pats in SB42 how they were shown basically running the town). 

 

The league trying to make the Pro Bowl into more than what it is is kind of what's ruined it for me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Superman said:

 

I think players and coaches know at least as much about the rest of the league as fans, so I don't object to that at all. And fans are going to vote every day and tweet as many times as they can for their favorite players, deserving or not, whereas I assume players and coaches get one chance to vote.

 

End of the day, we all know it's a popularity contest, not a true measure of how good a player is. It's an All Star game, and should be viewed as such.

 

Your last point is spot on, though. No reason FBs should get voted into the Pro Bowl over more deserving players at other positions. They could easily call it a flex position, and balance the rosters out later.

 

I think the assumption they know at least as much as a generic fan is more than fair, but to assume they necessarily know more might not always be the case. You make a good point though that (we assume) they only get one bite of the cherry. How many do you think just pick all their team mates.. or more likely ask an assistant to do it for them. 

 

As you say it's a popularity contest, and that's fine, if it's recognised and treated as such. Forget the game, focus on the skills comps and the personalities and make it an end season Hard Knocks type deal. But don't use it as a way of saying player A is better than player B. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, DrLuck said:

Let's put this to bed,  the number one factor was having leanord grouped with Edge rushers. NFL needs to separate these categories. It makes people strictly look at sacks and that's not fair as they play completely different positions in all but name.

Ya that’s what I’ve always said. All-Pro has it right. They have a distinct separation between LBs and Edge rushers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, CamMo said:

Ballard deserves GM of the year. Pick your story. 

 

Hires Frank Reich after Josh McDbag bails. Handled with grace and looks like a great hire. We are going to the playoffs.

 

Traded back in the first round and picked up TWO rookie all-pros. (Not even taking into consideration all of the other picks that have contributed, B. Smith, N. Hines, etc.) 

 

 

I have been saying this in another topic and was getting crap for it. Now this happens. Crown that man!!!!! 2 rookie All-pro players? Come on now. It’s a lock. This has to be one of the best offseasons in Colts (dare I say league?) history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Superman said:

The league trying to make the Pro Bowl into more than what it is is kind of what's ruined it for me.

 

I think you're right in this has caused the biggest issue, they don't know what to do with it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, the fans deserved a season like this after what we went through from 2015-2017. That was a terrible rough 3 year stretch. Now we have arguably the best GM in Football, Andrew Luck is back and 100% healthy with his 39 TD's, Reich is a Good Coach, we got lucky McDaniels backed out, we have players like Nelson and Leonard now, and went 10-6 to make the Playoffs by winning 9 out of 10. Finally some karma rolled our way for a change. What a fun season. Even if we lose tomorrow, I will still say this has been one of the funnest seasons I have ever seen. We are no longer a laughing stock and people have to take us serious again heading into the future. We proved the media and alot of others wrong this season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...