Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Colts War Room (Mock Draft)

The Colts War Room: Mock Draft

I wanted to do a different simulation. Most of us love the draft season. Some of us do Mocks. 100 percent of us are wrong when do these drafts but its fun. One thing I wanted to do is point out its a team effort when drafting. There are scouts, offensive and defensive coaches, GM etc. So I wanted to try to simulate that. Below is a Mock draft a few picks are already penciled in by a few of the staff members I mentioned above. Your task is to draft around those choices to complete our draft.

1. *Trade* Raiders select Dwayne Haskins QB

Arizona recieves the no. 4 pick and the Bears 1st round pick, 3rd round pick and both raiders 5th round picks 

Raiders recieves no. 1 pick, cardinals 4th round pick and Hassan Reddick

2. 49ers: Nick Bosa

3. Jets: Jonah Williams

4. * Arizona: Clelin Ferrell

5.  Tampa Bay: Josh Allen

6.  New York Giants: Quinnen Williams

7. Glitter Kitties: Ed Oliver

8. Lions: Rashan Gary

9. Buffalo:  Greg Little 

10. Denver: Greedy Williams 

11. Bengals: Devin White 

12.  Green Bay: Monteaz Sweat

13. Miami: Drew Lock

14.  Atlanta: Deandre Baker

15. *Trade* Raiders: D.K Metcalf

Washington recieves David Carr and the Cowboys 1st round pick, and Karl Joesph

Raiders recieves the 14th pick, this year and next year 2nd round pick, Ruben Foster and Josh Norman

The Gruden brothers help each other out

16. Panthers: Brian Burns

17. Browns: N'Keal Harry

18. Vikings: Jeffery Simmions 

19. Titans: Jachai Polite

20. Pittsburgh Steelers: Bryan Murphy

21. Eagles:  Dexter Lawrence 

22. Colts: ???

2nd round Jets

Charles Omenihu DE Texas 6'6ft 275lbs

(Coach Eberflus pounded the table for a long defensive lineman)

https://youtu.be/7T7JPvQ1r2I

A behemoth of a man who can play inside and out on the defensive line. Margus Hunt may have played himself outside of a contract that Ballard is willing to pay. Charles does a excellent job setting the edge and stopping the run. This past year his sack total jumped from 4 to 9.5 sacks. In a division with Fournette, Hyde, Lewis and Henry his ability to stop the running game will be much welcome. This guy athletic ability should be on display during combine causing him to shoot up draft boards.

2nd Colts

3rd Colts 

4th Colts

4th Colts compensation pick: 

Preston Williams WR 6'4 200lbs

(Coach Sirianni said this kid reminded him of Tyrell Williams)

https://youtu.be/7zI3xT3l5Q4

This guy could have the ability of a Martavis Bryant. He is a long WR with history in track (ran for the Colorado).  He is dynamic when he has the ball in his hands and at times make the circus catch that we will see on espn. He needs to work on routes (I believe Reich can scheme him open) and he does body catch (doesn't necessarily drop the ball so a catch is a catch) I see him coming in pushing Fountain for that last wr spot. A acl injury, transfering from Tennessee as well as some trouble with the Law is why he drops here.

5th Jake Bentley QB 6'2 220lbs

(Coach Reich would like a QB to groom and possibly flip and this gives Chris freedom to flip JB either in the draft or if there is a training camp injury)

https://youtu.be/8VP0hnbRBNw

Bentley has the arm, surprisingly mobile and the balls to try to squeeze it into tight windows. The latter part (decision making) and his throwing mechanics drop him. He thinks he's Brett Favre and doesn't trust his line often rolling out or making bone headed mistakes instead of stepping up in the pocket.

6th Zach Gentry TE 6'8 255lbs

(Tom Manning see's potential in this guy and think he can teach him how to block. Doyle isn't getting any younger this could be a stash player on the pratice squad)

https://youtu.be/YRttqsW0vTE

This guy will be the get off the bus  specimen all star.  Zach has decent hands and deceptive speed. Right now his go to is verticles but he provides a huge redzone target (waiting for vertical). If Tom can get this guy to block he would be like a extra lineman with his height and NFL weight. 

7th 

So who will you choose with your 5 remaining picks? I threw in the Raiders trades to spice this up, and personally pick players that I felt was a fit or to good to pass up for my mock draft. Willing to explain/ discuss why I pick who for what team.

• Like 1

Thanks for putting together

Its quite a bit complex (extremely) for this time of the year, and its interesting that you are guessing on the 2nd round pick, but not guessing on the first round pick.

But....... I think you are correct in that there will be trades to move up to get Haskins

I think the UT DE, will be available in 3rd

2 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

Thanks for putting together

Its quite a bit complex (extremely) for this time of the year, and its interesting that you are guessing on the 2nd round pick, but not guessing on the first round pick.

But....... I think you are correct in that there will be trades to move up to get Haskins

I think the UT DE, will be available in 3rd

I left it blank so that you guys could fill in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 7th pick. I know everyone love doing fanspeak. So I guess this is a tougher version like a RPG lol

3 hours ago, DougDew said:

Its annoying when Ohio State fans try to talk seriously about the draft.

It more annoying when someone seeks (desperately needs) to gain attention with a arguementative opinion on every thread

Its an attention deficit thing.......  you need it any way you can get it, I guess

• Thanks 2

Change of thought on this one...

FA: Collins S

FA: Fitzgerald WR

RD1: White ILB 6'1" 255

RD2: Edwards OT 6'7" 315

RD2: Oruwariye CB 6'0" 209

RD3: Ridley WR 6'2" 200 (Trade Brissett for 3rd rounder)

RD3: Christmas DT 6'4" 308 

RD4: Kaufusi DT 6'9" 285

RD5: Marshall CB 6'0" 200

Source: https://www.drafttek.com/2019-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round1.asp

3 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Do you mean like most of your forum posts? I'm sure most don't take you serious either...

Unfortunately, lots of smart people are soft spoken...while the biggest fools are usually the most loudmouthed.

I watch Stephen A. Smith for my news...and DougDew for my humor.

11 hours ago, FalseStart said:

Change of thought on this one...

FA: Collins S

FA: Fitzgerald WR

RD1: White ILB 6'1" 255

RD2: Edwards OT 6'7" 315

RD2: Oruwariye CB 6'0" 209

RD3: Ridley WR 6'2" 200 (Trade Brissett for 3rd rounder)

RD3: Christmas DT 6'4" 308 

RD4: Kaufusi DT 6'9" 285

RD5: Marshall CB 6'0" 200

Source: https://www.drafttek.com/2019-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round1.asp

It’s looking like Collins wants to be back with the Giants. 

RD1:  Christian Wilkins, DT3, Clemson (used to room with Deon Cain)

RD2:  David Edwards, OT, Wisconsin (from Jets)

RD2:  Deebo Samuel, WR, South Carolina (injury issues will keep him from rising much)

RD3:  Julian Love, CB, Notre Dame (Draft Tek says he'll fall this far.  I don't think so.)

RD4:  Marvell Tell III, S, USC (Gil Brandt says top-50. Draft Tek disagrees.  Combine?)

RD4:  Parris Campbell, WR, Ohio State (gimmick slot guy, I know.  But potential is there)

RD5:  Cole Tracy, K, LSU (yup, it's time)