Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts1324 2019 Offseason Mock

Here's my second ever mock draft I have made to help keep me busy until Saturday's game:

Colts Estimated 2019 Salary Cap Space: $123 million 

Colts  Free Agents:

Adam Vinatieri: 1 year/$3.1 million

Pierre Desir: 3 year/$17.8 million

Evan Boehm: 1 year/$950 K

Mark Glowinski: 3 year/$15.5 million

Clayton Geathers: 1 year/$5.5 million (prove it deal)

Total Cap Space Remaining: $98 million(slightly front loaded contracts)

Let walk: 

Margus Hunt - I think he has outplayed himself compared to his worth to Balllard.

Matthias Farley - He wants a chance to be a legit starter, and he is replaceable. 

Ryan Grant - Obvious.

Matt Slauson, Al Woods - Replaceable with younger guys.

Incoming FA's:

OLB  KJ Wright: 3 year/$21 million (Could play him at SLB and have a top 5 linebacking core)

WR  Adam Humphries: 4 year/$32 million

DE  Christian Covington: 2 year/$10 million

CB: Bryce Callahan: 3 year/$25 million

DE: Trey Flowers: 5 year/#80 million(Front loaded contract- $20 million first year)

Total Remaining Cap Space: $57 million

Extend:

Rigoberto Sanchez: 3 year/$9 million

2019 NFL Draft: 

1st Round, Pick 26: DE/DT Raekwon Davis 

2nd Round, Pick 34: S Taylor Rapp 

2nd Round, Pick 58: WR Hakeem Butler (Huge 6'6 WR with great ball skills)

3rd Round, Pick 90: OLB/ILB Anfernee Jennings 

4th Round, Pick 130: OT Mitch Hyatt

5th Round, Pick 165: ILB Tre Lamar

6th Round, Pick 192: S Andrew Wingward

7th Round, Pick 225: K Austin Seibert 

After draft signings and Sanchez's extension, approx. cap space remaining: $45 million

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

Here's my second ever mock draft I have made to help keep me busy until Saturday's game:

Colts Estimated 2019 Salary Cap Space: $123 million 

Colts  Free Agents:

Adam Vinatieri: 1 year/$3.1 million

Pierre Desir: 3 year/$17.8 million

Evan Boehm: 1 year/$950 K

Mark Glowinski: 3 year/$15.5 million

Clayton Geathers: 1 year/$5.5 million (prove it deal)

Total Cap Space Remaining: $98 million(slightly front loaded contracts)

Let walk: 

Margus Hunt - I think he has outplayed himself compared to his worth to Balllard.

Matthias Farley - He wants a chance to be a legit starter, and he is replaceable. 

Ryan Grant - Obvious.

Matt Slauson, Al Woods - Replaceable with younger guys.

Incoming FA's:

OLB  KJ Wright: 3 year/$21 million (Could play him at SLB and have a top 5 linebacking core)

WR  Adam Humphries: 4 year/$32 million

DE  Christian Covington: 2 year/$10 million

CB: Bryce Callahan: 3 year/$25 million

DE: Trey Flowers: 5 year/#80 million(Front loaded contract- $20 million first year)

Total Remaining Cap Space: $57 million

Extend:

Rigoberto Sanchez: 3 year/$9 million

2019 NFL Draft: 

1st Round, Pick 26: DE/DT Raekwon Davis 

2nd Round, Pick 34: S Taylor Rapp 

2nd Round, Pick 58: WR Hakeem Butler (Huge 6'6 WR with great ball skills)

3rd Round, Pick 90: OLB/ILB Anfernee Jennings 

4th Round, Pick 130: OT Mitch Hyatt

5th Round, Pick 165: ILB Tre Lamar

6th Round, Pick 192: S Andrew Wingward

7th Round, Pick 225: K Austin Seibert 

After draft signings and Sanchez's extension, approx. cap space remaining: $45 million

Thanks for the research

These are great to read, as we are excited for the big game tomorrow

A few comments

1) I like the Colts FAs retained

2) I would think that Hunt has done enough and is valuable to this defense to get a reasonable contract. I dont think anyone is going to break the back for him

3) You are more aggressive in FA than I think we need to be.

I would spend to get Trey Flowers and Collins from NY

These two alone, would put us up a SIGNIFICANT notch

I would also consider Blount as a change up RB

In regards to your draft, I love the versatility of Raekwon Davis

He had a very off year for sacks but still put mucho pressure on the QB. (He did have 8 1/2 sacks last year.  He is big enough to also play NT, He is fast enough to stay on the field for passing downs

I like Rapp, but if I could get Collins, I am going another way.

I LOVE..... repeat.... LOVE Hakeem Butler as our new WR....  the guy is a monster

One thing you dont address in this draft is RB. 

If you believe the mocks some very good RBs will be available in rounds 2-4

ANY of these 3 would help this offense

ANY of these three, have enough speed, and have enough power to break tackles..............  We dont have that component on the team today

I also think that you should consider one of the small school DEs to develop in rounds 4-6

1 hour ago, MikeCurtis said:

Thanks for the research

These are great to read, as we are excited for the big game tomorrow

A few comments

1) I like the Colts FAs retained

2) I would think that Hunt has done enough and is valuable to this defense to get a reasonable contract. I dont think anyone is going to break the back for him

3) You are more aggressive in FA than I think we need to be.

I would spend to get Trey Flowers and Collins from NY

These two alone, would put us up a SIGNIFICANT notch

I would also consider Blount as a change up RB

In regards to your draft, I love the versatility of Raekwon Davis

He had a very off year for sacks but still put mucho pressure on the QB. (He did have 8 1/2 sacks last year.  He is big enough to also play NT, He is fast enough to stay on the field for passing downs

I like Rapp, but if I could get Collins, I am going another way.

I LOVE..... repeat.... LOVE Hakeem Butler as our new WR....  the guy is a monster

One thing you dont address in this draft is RB. 

If you believe the mocks some very good RBs will be available in rounds 2-4

ANY of these 3 would help this offense

ANY of these three, have enough speed, and have enough power to break tackles..............  We dont have that component on the team today

I also think that you should consider one of the small school DEs to develop in rounds 4-6

Thanks for the input! I would prefer Collins as well, but I tried to be as realistic as possible. Collins stated he isn’t really interested in signing with another team. Trey Flowers is one of the few top FA’s I believe will actually be available this offseason given the Patriots history. 

I don’t really see the need to draft another 3rd or 4th round RB. We already have 3 young back on the roster. I think we go UDFA or sign Bell(very unlikely). 

good read

I would add another DT instead of Covington especially since Woods and Hunt are walking.

I also wouldn't spend that much on a SLB. That position isn't valued in our system and rarely plays. Most of the time were just running the two linebackers with an extra DB.

Other than those two things I really like it a lot. 

• Like 1

On 1/5/2019 at 2:49 AM, FirsTime said:

good read

I would add another DT instead of Covington especially since Woods and Hunt are walking.

I also wouldn't spend that much on a SLB. That position isn't valued in our system and rarely plays. Most of the time were just running the two linebackers with an extra DB.

Other than those two things I really like it a lot. 

True. Do you think if Geathers and Farley both resign, we play Geathers at the SLB some next year?  

On 1/4/2019 at 10:45 AM, MikeCurtis said:

I like Snell a lot, but I think he goes in the 2nd or early 3rd now. With Mack's season, I don't see the Colts drafting a RB that high. I also think Wilkins is going to be okay as the backup.

Snell with Mack would be sweet IMO.

• Like 2

I agree with @MikeCurtis.  I like the FA we retain.  I think OP is a bit aggressive with incoming FAs.  And Margus Hunt stays simply because he's over 31 and no other team will give up the money we will.

I don't know specifically about Davis, but this is a draft where we can find a disruptive DT still available in the 20's.  Its a position of need and there should be great value there because of draft depth, so that pick is going to be fairly obvious and easy, IMO.

On 1/7/2019 at 12:23 AM, Colts1324 said:

True. Do you think if Geathers and Farley both resign, we play Geathers at the SLB some next year?  

I don't know exactly but I really think both are coming back and I also believe if Landon from the giants hits the open market we may sign him as well. If we get all three I could see something like the Chargers do.