Jump to content
Lawrence Owen

Would you trade for Antonio Brown?

Recommended Posts

For all the talk of Bell, It was reported Antonio Brown was angry with Big Ben this past week.  And he did not play in the game against the Bengals because of it.  I know it's not going to happen because Brown just signed a huge 4 year deal last year, BUT OMG, could you even imagine Antonio Brown on the Colts?

To have T.Y. Hilton, Eric Ebron, Jack Doyle, Antonio Brown, Marlon Mack, Andrew Luck, and THIS offensive line next year.  This would be the #1 offense in the NFL, and there is not 1 single player you could double up on, and have any thought to handling the others.  

This is why I say having another impact receiver would do this offense wonders. You absolutely could not stack the box, even with us having 2 TE's on the field, because of the receiving threats.  And you could not go nickel packages all the time because this o-line and Mack would train wreck you.

Let's not say Brown,...but an impact receiver such as him, or Julio, or OBJ, or even Evans on this team, and you were an opposing DC having to prepare for this team. How would you?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chloe6124 said:

Just no. Any guy who would just not show up and walk out is not the character we need on this teen. Why do you think the Steelers imploded with all that talent. To many players who only think of themselves and are not team guys.

Tomlin is to blame for that.    Culture starts with the Hc.   Plus Brown isn't going anywhere.   He is their best player

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Just no. Any guy who would just not show up and walk out is not the character we need on this teen. Why do you think the Steelers imploded with all that talent. To many players who only think of themselves and are not team guys.

No thanks great talent but he is a Diva.

Just now, jvan1973 said:

Tomlin is to blame for that.    Culture starts with the Hc.   Plus Brown isn't going anywhere.   He is their best player

Agree with you plus we don't need Diva's on this team Brown is one and be honest so is Bell.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

Tomlin is to blame for that.    Culture starts with the Hc.   Plus Brown isn't going anywhere.   He is their best player

Yeah the cracks are starting to form around Tomlin.  I don’t think he loses his job now but another year like this one and I could see it.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jameszeigler834 said:

No thanks great talent but he is a Diva.

Agree with you plus we don't need Diva's on this team Brown is one and be honest so is Bell.

Most great players are.   It's ok to want the ball.   Those are the guys you want.    TY is a diva to some extent I would bet

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Tomlin is to blame for that.    Culture starts with the Hc.   Plus Brown isn't going anywhere.   He is their best player

I wouldn't be so certain.  Selfishness get old real quick.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

No thanks great talent but he is a Diva.

I agree but most star WRs are divas now.  Not saying the Colts should go after Brown just more of an observation that more guys like TO than Marvin who play WR in today’s NFL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Most great players are.   It's ok to want the ball.   Those are the guys you want.    TY is a diva to some extent I would bet

Maybe but even when he isn't getting the ball you don't see him throwing little baby fits on the sideline suchs as throwing drink cooler's.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

I agree but most star WRs are divas now.  Not saying the Colts should go after Brown just more of an observation that more guys like TO than Marvin who play WR in today’s NFL.

True.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Antonio Brown is one of the best, premier wide receivers in the league. If there's an opportunity to get him, I hope we get him. God.....imagining him with Hilton.....it wouldn't be fair....

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imagine what they would ask for in a trade...

 

No thanks. I like Brown but we'd have to give up substantial pieces to our rebuild.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GoColts8818 said:

I agree but most star WRs are divas now.  Not saying the Colts should go after Brown just more of an observation that more guys like TO than Marvin who play WR in today’s NFL.

Outside of brown and OBJ I can't think of many divas playing right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Players acting like Bell, Brown, and to some extent Big Ben, are the reason the Steelers are out of the playoffs.

  The locker room is a BIG deal as we have seen.  It allows for teams with less talent to outplay more talented teams.  

Heart,guts, character..... you pick the word.  This team has it is spades and i think (and i hope ) Ballard wont add any divas that could ruin the "stew" we're created.

  I'd rather draft a young guy we can more easily mold and only bring in high character vets.  They are the tone setters everyone tends to look and and mimic.

  Brown and Bell great talents..... but both "look  at me" divas.

  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Most great players are.   It's ok to want the ball.   Those are the guys you want.    TY is a diva to some extent I would bet

This won’t go over well but even Peyton was to an extent.  Remember the gosh darn it Donald play?  If Tom Brady had done something like that to one of his teammates in the middle of play people here would have torn into him for going after his teammates during a play.  

 

You just have to keep it in check,  part of the reason these guys get where they are is they don’t except anything less than anyone else’s best.  You just have to be careful to not become TO where you think you are above the team.  For the record, Peyton was never close to that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problems in Pittsburgh start with Big Ben...  The way he threw Brown under the bus & has thrown other teammates and coaches under the bus every year just creates a culture of unaccountability.  Has anyone seen the way Brown has sacrificed his mind and body taking kill shots for Big Ben and for that clown to blame him is ridiculous.

 

Would Luck ever do that to TY?  Would Peyton to Marv or Reggie?  Montana to Rice?  Brady to Gronk?  Not a chance on any of them.  Big Ben is a joke of a leader.  And Tomlin has no way of saying anything to him because Big Ben is untouchable. I assure you that Tomlin wished he had retired this last offseason rather than being wishy washy on it.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BOTT said:

I wouldn't be so certain.  Selfishness get old real quick.

The coach has to get his players to buy into the system.    Brown imo, is the reason Juju had a big year.   Pick your poison.   Brown is to blame as well,   but you can't let a player mess with your locker room.    The Steelers biggest issue is the culture I think.   All that talent and sitting at home in the playoffs

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Players acting like Bell, Brown, and to some extent Big Ben, are the reason the Steelers are out of the playoffs.

  The locker room is a BIG deal as we have seen.  It allows for teams with less talent to outplay more talented teams.  

Heart,guts, character..... you pick the word.  This team has it is spades and i think (and i hope ) Ballard wont add any divas that could ruin the "stew" we're created.

  I'd rather draft a young guy we can more easily mold and only bring in high character vets.  They are the tone setters everyone tends to look and and mimic.

  Brown and Bell great talents..... but both "look  at me" divas.

To some extent Big Ben???  Are you kidding me?  How are you gonna let that clown off the hook?  He’s the leader and the most selfish person on the team. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Outside of brown and OBJ I can't think of many divas playing right now.

Baker Mayfield,  jalen ramsey, can Newton.  I'm sure there are more that I'm missing.     

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d love to have AB idc about him being a diva haha pretty much all wrs are divas plus I’d find it hard having a huge ego on a team like the colts completely different culture here than they have working over there in Pittsburgh.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

This won’t go over well but even Peyton was to an extent.  Remember the gosh darn it Donald play?  If Tom Brady had done something like that to one of his teammates in the middle of play people here would have torn into him for going after his teammates during a play.  

 

You just have to keep it in check,  part of the reason these guys get where they are is they don’t except anything less than anyone else’s best.  You just have to be careful to not become TO where you think you are above the team.  For the record, Peyton was never close to that.  

Peyton knew he was great.   There isn't anything wrong with that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Conflicted about this hypothetical. They'd certainly have more ceiling with AB, but the distractions aren't going to just go away when it's personality trait to need to be the center of attention. T.Y probably has a very healthy ego, but he doesn't do this routine which is refreshing.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

Baker Mayfield,  jalen ramsey, can Newton.  I'm sure there are more that I'm missing.     

Tom Brady Phillip Rivers Richard Sherman Josh Norman Dez Bryant Suh etc etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

Peyton knew he was great.   There isn't anything wrong with that

Right.  I don’t disagree with that.  I am just saying he was a little diva-ish because of that.  Again, almost all great players are or they would never reach where they are.  There is nothing wrong with it.  The problem becomes when you think you are bigger than the team, Peyton and many other greats never got to that point.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Conflicted about this hypothetical. They'd certainly have more ceiling with AB, but the distractions aren't going to just go away when it's personality trait to need to be the center of attention. T.Y probably has a very healthy ego, but he doesn't do this routine which is refreshing.

Yeah that’s point I am getting at.  You can have a large ego as long as you don’t lose sight of the fact you aren’t bigger than the team.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Peyton knew he was great.   There isn't anything wrong with that

The Dammit Donald play was memorable for sure, but that wasn't an ego thing in my estimation. That was built up frustration that boiled over when he missed his block, because Peyton didn't lose his cool very often.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Baker Mayfield,  jalen ramsey, can Newton.  I'm sure there are more that I'm missing.     

I was talking about WR.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

The coach has to get his players to buy into the system.    Brown imo, is the reason Juju had a big year.   Pick your poison.   Brown is to blame as well,   but you can't let a player mess with your locker room.    The Steelers biggest issue is the culture I think.   All that talent and sitting at home in the playoffs

Tomlin doesn't get a pass either.  He's had several yrs to get that house in order.....odd situation in Pittsburgh.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Most great players are.   It's ok to want the ball.   Those are the guys you want.    TY is a diva to some extent I would bet

Exactly! If you want elite offensive talent then be prepared to have a diva they all are all that way and they all will be * if they dont get the ball enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

To some extent Big Ben???  Are you kidding me?  How are you gonna let that clown off the hook?  He’s the leader and the most selfish person on the team. 

I agree fully but not many seem to see it.  I do tho, i just thought i would get backlash that would detract from my overall point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Exactly! If you want elite offensive talent then be prepared to have a diva they all are all that way and they all will be * if they dont get the ball enough.

It's not about wanting the ball...all good players want the ball and make a difference for their team.  It's about being so selfish you don't realize that live streaming your HC in the locker room may not be a good idea.....or blowing off meetings because you got into a lovers quarrel with your bloated QB.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

I agree fully but not many seem to see it.  I do tho, i just thought i would get backlash that would detract from my overall point.

Big Ben isn't exactly the most loved player in the NFL.  People still call him * after all lol.

 

*insert his well known derogatory nickname.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Peyton knew he was great.   There isn't anything wrong with that

 

I don't remember Peyton recording his coach in the locker room. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We do need another WR.  An elite receiver like Brown would do wonders for our offense.  So would another elite WR like OBJ.  In fact Pat Leonard, of the NY Daily news, published an article a few days ago suggesting the Giants trade OBJ.   Florio picked up on it as well.  OBJ also signed a major contract last year but his remaining contract is 5 yr's 75m.  It averages out around 14.8m a year.  Pretty reasonable for a star WR.  I don't know how to post it but it's a great read and apparently not out of the question for the Giants.  They were listening to offers last year and at the trade deadline this year.  Just not the right offer.  Now we are in a new offseason.  I don't know what it would take maybe Brissett and a high pick?  It pays to keep an open mind on these players.  We know what a change of scenery can do for a player.  Escape the big lights or the drama on a Steelers team and things might just work out.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Big Ben isn't exactly the most loved player in the NFL.  People still call him * after all lol.

 

*insert his well known derogatory nickname.

I never cared for him.  Several questionable character related issues involving women, the riding and crashing motorcycle WITHOUT a helmet, etc.   Bit of a drama queen. 

And i also think Tomlin walks around with a lil too much testosterone.  Turn it down a notch,dude.  Trip an opponent player or something.  Lets just say i dont feel bad when they lose.

  My older brother and nephew are Steeler fans so i gotta bite my tongue.  I live smack dab in steeler/eagle country.  Being a Colt fan, that makes me like King of the nitwits, no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

I never cared for him.  Several questionable character related issues involving women, the riding and crashing motorcycle WITHOUT a helmet, etc.   Bit of a drama queen. 

And i also think Tomlin walks around with a lil too much testosterone.  Turn it down a notch,dude.  Trip an opponent player or something.  Lets just say i dont feel bad when they lose.

  My older brother and nephew are Steeler fans so i gotta bite my tongue.  I live smack dab in steeler/eagle country.  Being a Colt fan, that makes me like King of the nitwits, no?

That's what i don't get about Tomlin. He appears to be a no nonsense, take no nonsense guy,  but the Steelers seem to have a crappy/selfish culture problem.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

We do need another WR.  An elite receiver like Brown would do wonders for our offense.  So would another elite WR like OBJ.  In fact Pat Leonard, of the NY Daily news, published an article a few days ago suggesting the Giants trade OBJ.   Florio picked up on it as well.  OBJ also signed a major contract last year but his remaining contract is 5 yr's 75m.  It averages out around 14.8m a year.  Pretty reasonable for a star WR.  I don't know how to post it but it's a great read and apparently not out of the question for the Giants.  They were listening to offers last year and at the trade deadline this year.  Just not the right offer.  Now we are in a new offseason.  I don't know what it would take maybe Brissett and a high pick?  It pays to keep an open mind on these players.  We know what a change of scenery can do for a player.  Escape the big lights or the drama on a Steelers team and things might just work out.  

Wouldn't want OBJ anywhere near this team.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, BOTT said:

*insert his well known derogatory nickname.

 

?

 

MeatHeadBerger?

 

HamFaceBerger?

 

FatFaceBerger?

 

RotCrotchBerger?

 

NutLessBerger?

 

HurrDurrBerger?

 

BergerBerger?

 

Sloth?  200.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Seems odd in general that it took so long.  Outside of the guy in SD, we rarely hear why someone holds out this long on a mundane contract with so little to quibble over. 
    • One thing I’ll say about Bob though, his small size & Wolverine (comic book character) mentality made him a terror against the run.  With him already being short, when he went submarine on a RB, they really risked their careers if their feet were planted when the Colonel was coming for them.  He turned so many guys into tip toe bandits or sent them helicoptering into the air.  No wonder our run defense was so stout.  Usually only took 1 “meeting” with Bob in the hole, to put fear in the RB’s head the rest of the game...  You had to know where he was at all times or kiss your knees goodbye.
    • I have to disagree with the last sentence. I think Sean Taylor (The former Hurricane & Redskin safety) was and would have statistically been better than all 3 had he not been murdered.  That dude was what you’d get if you created a cyborg safety. Big. Fast. Physical. And immaculate receiver level ball skills...  I still love the other 3, especially the Colonel, but Taylor was on another level.  A combination of all 3.
    • This is a big compliment for KM.    
    • No, if he wants to go be a gm somewhere who are we to hold him back from that.
  • Members

    • ShakerColt

      ShakerColt 3

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Colts_Fan12

      Colts_Fan12 4,911

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Surge89

      Surge89 964

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • IkeAramba

      IkeAramba 11

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • JPFolks

      JPFolks 863

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ScotColt

      ScotColt 11

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...