Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would you trade for Antonio Brown?

Lawrence Owen

For all the talk of Bell, It was reported Antonio Brown was angry with Big Ben this past week.  And he did not play in the game against the Bengals because of it.  I know it's not going to happen because Brown just signed a huge 4 year deal last year, BUT OMG, could you even imagine Antonio Brown on the Colts?

To have T.Y. Hilton, Eric Ebron, Jack Doyle, Antonio Brown, Marlon Mack, Andrew Luck, and THIS offensive line next year.  This would be the #1 offense in the NFL, and there is not 1 single player you could double up on, and have any thought to handling the others.  

This is why I say having another impact receiver would do this offense wonders. You absolutely could not stack the box, even with us having 2 TE's on the field, because of the receiving threats.  And you could not go nickel packages all the time because this o-line and Mack would train wreck you.

Let's not say Brown,...but an impact receiver such as him, or Julio, or OBJ, or even Evans on this team, and you were an opposing DC having to prepare for this team. How would you?

• Like 3

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

Just no. Any guy who would just not show up and walk out is not the character we need on this teen. Why do you think the Steelers imploded with all that talent. To many players who only think of themselves and are not team guys.

Tomlin is to blame for that.    Culture starts with the Hc.   Plus Brown isn't going anywhere.   He is their best player

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Just no. Any guy who would just not show up and walk out is not the character we need on this teen. Why do you think the Steelers imploded with all that talent. To many players who only think of themselves and are not team guys.

No thanks great talent but he is a Diva.

Just now, jvan1973 said:

Tomlin is to blame for that.    Culture starts with the Hc.   Plus Brown isn't going anywhere.   He is their best player

Agree with you plus we don't need Diva's on this team Brown is one and be honest so is Bell.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

Yeah the cracks are starting to form around Tomlin.  I don’t think he loses his job now but another year like this one and I could see it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jameszeigler834 said:

No thanks great talent but he is a Diva.

Agree with you plus we don't need Diva's on this team Brown is one and be honest so is Bell.

Most great players are.   It's ok to want the ball.   Those are the guys you want.    TY is a diva to some extent I would bet

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I wouldn't be so certain.  Selfishness get old real quick.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Most great players are.   It's ok to want the ball.   Those are the guys you want.    TY is a diva to some extent I would bet

Maybe but even when he isn't getting the ball you don't see him throwing little baby fits on the sideline suchs as throwing drink cooler's.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

I agree but most star WRs are divas now.  Not saying the Colts should go after Brown just more of an observation that more guys like TO than Marvin who play WR in today’s NFL.

Outside of brown and OBJ I can't think of many divas playing right now.

Players acting like Bell, Brown, and to some extent Big Ben, are the reason the Steelers are out of the playoffs.

The locker room is a BIG deal as we have seen.  It allows for teams with less talent to outplay more talented teams.  

Heart,guts, character..... you pick the word.  This team has it is spades and i think (and i hope ) Ballard wont add any divas that could ruin the "stew" we're created.

I'd rather draft a young guy we can more easily mold and only bring in high character vets.  They are the tone setters everyone tends to look and and mimic.

Brown and Bell great talents..... but both "look  at me" divas.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

This won’t go over well but even Peyton was to an extent.  Remember the gosh darn it Donald play?  If Tom Brady had done something like that to one of his teammates in the middle of play people here would have torn into him for going after his teammates during a play.  

You just have to keep it in check,  part of the reason these guys get where they are is they don’t except anything less than anyone else’s best.  You just have to be careful to not become TO where you think you are above the team.  For the record, Peyton was never close to that.  

The problems in Pittsburgh start with Big Ben...  The way he threw Brown under the bus & has thrown other teammates and coaches under the bus every year just creates a culture of unaccountability.  Has anyone seen the way Brown has sacrificed his mind and body taking kill shots for Big Ben and for that clown to blame him is ridiculous.

Would Luck ever do that to TY?  Would Peyton to Marv or Reggie?  Montana to Rice?  Brady to Gronk?  Not a chance on any of them.  Big Ben is a joke of a leader.  And Tomlin has no way of saying anything to him because Big Ben is untouchable. I assure you that Tomlin wished he had retired this last offseason rather than being wishy washy on it.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BOTT said:

I wouldn't be so certain.  Selfishness get old real quick.

The coach has to get his players to buy into the system.    Brown imo, is the reason Juju had a big year.   Pick your poison.   Brown is to blame as well,   but you can't let a player mess with your locker room.    The Steelers biggest issue is the culture I think.   All that talent and sitting at home in the playoffs

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Players acting like Bell, Brown, and to some extent Big Ben, are the reason the Steelers are out of the playoffs.

The locker room is a BIG deal as we have seen.  It allows for teams with less talent to outplay more talented teams.  

Heart,guts, character..... you pick the word.  This team has it is spades and i think (and i hope ) Ballard wont add any divas that could ruin the "stew" we're created.

I'd rather draft a young guy we can more easily mold and only bring in high character vets.  They are the tone setters everyone tends to look and and mimic.

Brown and Bell great talents..... but both "look  at me" divas.

To some extent Big Ben???  Are you kidding me?  How are you gonna let that clown off the hook?  He’s the leader and the most selfish person on the team. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

This won’t go over well but even Peyton was to an extent.  Remember the gosh darn it Donald play?  If Tom Brady had done something like that to one of his teammates in the middle of play people here would have torn into him for going after his teammates during a play.  

You just have to keep it in check,  part of the reason these guys get where they are is they don’t except anything less than anyone else’s best.  You just have to be careful to not become TO where you think you are above the team.  For the record, Peyton was never close to that.  

Peyton knew he was great.   There isn't anything wrong with that

Conflicted about this hypothetical. They'd certainly have more ceiling with AB, but the distractions aren't going to just go away when it's personality trait to need to be the center of attention. T.Y probably has a very healthy ego, but he doesn't do this routine which is refreshing.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

Right.  I don’t disagree with that.  I am just saying he was a little diva-ish because of that.  Again, almost all great players are or they would never reach where they are.  There is nothing wrong with it.  The problem becomes when you think you are bigger than the team, Peyton and many other greats never got to that point.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Conflicted about this hypothetical. They'd certainly have more ceiling with AB, but the distractions aren't going to just go away when it's personality trait to need to be the center of attention. T.Y probably has a very healthy ego, but he doesn't do this routine which is refreshing.

Yeah that’s point I am getting at.  You can have a large ego as long as you don’t lose sight of the fact you aren’t bigger than the team.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

The Dammit Donald play was memorable for sure, but that wasn't an ego thing in my estimation. That was built up frustration that boiled over when he missed his block, because Peyton didn't lose his cool very often.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

The coach has to get his players to buy into the system.    Brown imo, is the reason Juju had a big year.   Pick your poison.   Brown is to blame as well,   but you can't let a player mess with your locker room.    The Steelers biggest issue is the culture I think.   All that talent and sitting at home in the playoffs

Tomlin doesn't get a pass either.  He's had several yrs to get that house in order.....odd situation in Pittsburgh.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Exactly! If you want elite offensive talent then be prepared to have a diva they all are all that way and they all will be * if they dont get the ball enough.

22 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

To some extent Big Ben???  Are you kidding me?  How are you gonna let that clown off the hook?  He’s the leader and the most selfish person on the team. 

I agree fully but not many seem to see it.  I do tho, i just thought i would get backlash that would detract from my overall point.

8 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Exactly! If you want elite offensive talent then be prepared to have a diva they all are all that way and they all will be * if they dont get the ball enough.

It's not about wanting the ball...all good players want the ball and make a difference for their team.  It's about being so selfish you don't realize that live streaming your HC in the locker room may not be a good idea.....or blowing off meetings because you got into a lovers quarrel with your bloated QB.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

I agree fully but not many seem to see it.  I do tho, i just thought i would get backlash that would detract from my overall point.

Big Ben isn't exactly the most loved player in the NFL.  People still call him * after all lol.

*insert his well known derogatory nickname.

We do need another WR.  An elite receiver like Brown would do wonders for our offense.  So would another elite WR like OBJ.  In fact Pat Leonard, of the NY Daily news, published an article a few days ago suggesting the Giants trade OBJ.   Florio picked up on it as well.  OBJ also signed a major contract last year but his remaining contract is 5 yr's 75m.  It averages out around 14.8m a year.  Pretty reasonable for a star WR.  I don't know how to post it but it's a great read and apparently not out of the question for the Giants.  They were listening to offers last year and at the trade deadline this year.  Just not the right offer.  Now we are in a new offseason.  I don't know what it would take maybe Brissett and a high pick?  It pays to keep an open mind on these players.  We know what a change of scenery can do for a player.  Escape the big lights or the drama on a Steelers team and things might just work out.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Big Ben isn't exactly the most loved player in the NFL.  People still call him * after all lol.

*insert his well known derogatory nickname.

I never cared for him.  Several questionable character related issues involving women, the riding and crashing motorcycle WITHOUT a helmet, etc.   Bit of a drama queen. 

And i also think Tomlin walks around with a lil too much testosterone.  Turn it down a notch,dude.  Trip an opponent player or something.  Lets just say i dont feel bad when they lose.

My older brother and nephew are Steeler fans so i gotta bite my tongue.  I live smack dab in steeler/eagle country.  Being a Colt fan, that makes me like King of the nitwits, no?

2 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

I never cared for him.  Several questionable character related issues involving women, the riding and crashing motorcycle WITHOUT a helmet, etc.   Bit of a drama queen. 

And i also think Tomlin walks around with a lil too much testosterone.  Turn it down a notch,dude.  Trip an opponent player or something.  Lets just say i dont feel bad when they lose.

My older brother and nephew are Steeler fans so i gotta bite my tongue.  I live smack dab in steeler/eagle country.  Being a Colt fan, that makes me like King of the nitwits, no?

That's what i don't get about Tomlin. He appears to be a no nonsense, take no nonsense guy,  but the Steelers seem to have a crappy/selfish culture problem.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

We do need another WR.  An elite receiver like Brown would do wonders for our offense.  So would another elite WR like OBJ.  In fact Pat Leonard, of the NY Daily news, published an article a few days ago suggesting the Giants trade OBJ.   Florio picked up on it as well.  OBJ also signed a major contract last year but his remaining contract is 5 yr's 75m.  It averages out around 14.8m a year.  Pretty reasonable for a star WR.  I don't know how to post it but it's a great read and apparently not out of the question for the Giants.  They were listening to offers last year and at the trade deadline this year.  Just not the right offer.  Now we are in a new offseason.  I don't know what it would take maybe Brissett and a high pick?  It pays to keep an open mind on these players.  We know what a change of scenery can do for a player.  Escape the big lights or the drama on a Steelers team and things might just work out.  

Wouldn't want OBJ anywhere near this team.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1