Indianapolis Colts
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Being a playoff team is incredibly low bar in the grand scheme of things and it doesn't mean much. We could have been a playoff team with this current team and Jacoby as starter had Vinny scored 2 more FGs. It doesn't mean much. There are playoff teams every year that have no chance in hell of getting a deep playoff run or appearing in the SB(this is the ultimate goal).    Like I said above - it doesn't mean I expect it every year or even most years, but I do think having a team and a QB that gives you a chance for deep playoff runs is the ultimate goal. From there on it comes to a lot of additional circumstances - luck, health of the roster, favorable matchups, etc., whether you reach the SB and win it or not.    With players like Cousins or Carr or Dak you have zero margin for error, especially if you give them the 30-35M salary that they will command. I don't think you can have a consistent contender with a QB like that. 
    • If they saw Teddy as the franchise QB, NO would either 1) make the choice to keep him over Brees (which will be a 1 or 2 year deal at most), or 2) dump some others to make room. They have plenty of mediocre/average guys making more than they should (that could be replaced in the draft or FA) which is why they're hard against the cap in the first place.
    • Carr makes a lot of sense...especially if they can get him for one of the 2nd rounders.
    • Um, no.  Just as there are fans who will do the same as you if the Colts dump a bunch of cash on the wrong FA QB or reach in the first round for a QB.    oh...there's a lot of answers around here....but they're mostly emotionally motivated, and severely lacking in scope.  ...and Fran Tarkington....and Randall Cunningham....and Michael Vick..... Spot on. This has to be, to me, a most astounding statement. Being a playoff team is THE goal.    What the bloody hell....
    • Money is the entire reason the league exists
  • Members

• CheezyColt

CheezyColt 799

• twfish

twfish 1,858

• Crush22

Crush22 277

• ColtJax

ColtJax 167

• stitches

stitches 7,281