Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Narcosys

Raiders to play in London?

Not sure where the "reports" are from but some are saying the Raiders may play all their home games in London next year. Horrible for fans, the Raiders, and the 8 teams that have to travel.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/from-oakland-to-tottenham-nfls-raiders-reportedly-could-play-in-london-in-2019-2018-12-30

Having made the trip a few times; away, home, away games for the Raiders would be brutal. Two to three days after the trip you're just getting past the jet lag. Especially when flying to London.

2 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

That would be insane...

It literally would be for any team to call London home. Their MNF games have to be away after an away or back to back homes. You also couldn't have Thursday f games switch locations either. Imagine Sunday away then Thursday home? No down time and too tired to even practice. They would literally dictate the entire NFL schedule in order to not put the Raiders at a massive disadvantage.

I know the NFL wants it, but it just can't happen and be realistic to expect that team to perform. Their home games after away games would be just as much a hindrance for them as the team traveling. They will be worse than they already are if this happens.

3 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

It literally would be for any team to call London home. Their MNF games have to be away after an away or back to back homes. You also couldn't have Thursday f games switch locations either. Imagine Sunday away then Thursday home? No down time and too tired to even practice. They would literally dictate the entire NFL schedule in order to not put the Raiders at a massive disadvantage.

I know the NFL wants it, but it just can't happen and be realistic to expect that team to perform. Their home games after away games would be just as much a hindrance for them as the team traveling. They will be worse than they already are if this happens.

Not to mention the disadvantage in free agency and hiring staff.

Good luck trying to convince a player or coach and their family to sign with a London team...

:loco:

55 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Some time ago there was a write up indicating that if/when a team was moved to London, they'd play all their home games in one half of their season, then away games in the second half.

I'd think they'd have to start in London, but what if they make the playoffs, and get a home game out of it?????

Still insane, but they have put SOME thought into such issues.

I'm really not for it, though.

Oh, and...... so the Raiders will jilt Oakland AND Las Vegas at the same time?

2 minutes ago, buccolts said:

Oh, and...... so the Raiders will jilt Oakland AND Las Vegas at the same time?

And they're going to take jobs away from America!!!

Unacceptable!  Fine them!  Tariffs!  Build walls around our stadiums to keep the Raiders out!

lead_720_405.jpg?mod=1533691850

*This post is just a joke, folks.

At least the name would make sense with all the raids on England throughout history. But yeah, this would be a logistical nightmare.

3 hours ago, Boiler_Colt said:

At least the name would make sense with all the raids on England throughout history. But yeah, this would be a logistical nightmare.

Goodness. What a stupid thing to say.

4 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

Goodness. What a stupid thing to say.

Sorry was that offensive? England has seen their fair share of raiders from the Danes to the Normans etc. Even the piracy moniker works, so the name has historical significance and makes sense. It's not like the the LA Lakers where there are no lakes.

3 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Sorry was that offensive? England has seen their fair share of raiders from the Danes to the Normans etc. Even the piracy moniker works, so the name has historical significance and makes sense. It's not like the the LA Lakers where there are no lakes.

No, just stupid. I'm assuming you meant no offense. 

1 minute ago, braveheartcolt said:

No, just stupid. I'm assuming you meant no offense. 

Meh sorry. Guess I shouldn't bring up actual history any more.

28 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Meh sorry. Guess I shouldn't bring up actual history any more.

On a football forum, why would you? Now, if it was funny........

12 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

On a football forum, why would you? Now, if it was funny........

The answer is because im a nerd. I'll stay in my lane and post more memes and penile jokes from now on. :) No worries man.

6 hours ago, Boiler_Colt said:

The answer is because im a nerd. I'll stay in my lane and post more memes and penile jokes from now on. :) No worries man.

I got it.

Why don't they just play a season at Sam Boyd StadiumUNLV? Seats 36,000