Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AddaiStillTruckedYou

The Moore The Better

Recommended Posts

I have to admit that Kenny Moore really got after it, and proved me wrong this season.  The Moore I see him, the better he looks.(See what I did there?)  It took me till the final game to see it, but I just couldn't get comfortable with him being our #1.  I was just iffy, but game after game and the way he broke on that bubble screen Sunday sold me on the kid.  He and a lot of our secondary deserves a lot of credit for their play this season.:applause:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He has really done very well for a little guy. I like what he brings in this defense. We still need a better defender for #1,2 or 3 spot. It’s a position we can upgrade this offseason. Not sure what Wilson is for this team. Would like to see more consistency from him next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jdubu said:

He has really done very well for a little guy. I like what he brings in this defense. We still need a better defender for #1,2 or 3 spot. It’s a position we can upgrade this offseason. Not sure what Wilson is for this team. Would like to see more consistency from him next year. 

Wilson has really improved this season he had a decent game last night.....refs was wrong on that defensive holding call on wilson tho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember last year when Kenny Moore made some kind of costly special teams blunder. (Don't remember now what it was).....But I was so upset with him, I wanted him off the team right then and there. He went to the sideline dejected, and Pagano put his arm around him in an encouraging way , as if to say, "Keep your head up, forget about it."

 

Often times fans (myself included) are the worst judges of players because of emotions.

 

Good coaches know who to be patient with, and how to best bring out those players' potential.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read a good bio of Moore. He has been studying the game hard for many years.
He prepares himself to know the opposition.
 What we are seeing is a football smart, fundamentally sound guy, that read and reacts at a very high level. He may not have the speed of Patrick Peterson, but he is developing nicely, all the rest. He IS a very good, young, Football Player.
Nice snatch from Belichek.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, egg said:

I remember last year when Kenny Moore made some kind of costly special teams blunder. (Don't remember now what it was).....But I was so upset with him, I wanted him off the team right then and there. He went to the sideline dejected, and Pagano put his arm around him in an encouraging way , as if to say, "Keep your head up, forget about it."

 

Often times fans (myself included) are the worst judges of players because of emotions.

 

Good coaches know who to be patient with, and how to best bring out those players' potential.

I would say if Pagano left anything at all, it would be how well he developed our secondary (minus Wilson *Mike Mitchell deserves that credit)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, VaAllDay757 said:

Wilson has really improved this season he had a decent game last night.....refs was wrong on that defensive holding call on wilson tho

He really has improved for sure. He just hasn’t given me that wow factor I think we were all hoping to see him turn into yet, too inconsistent in his play still, but improving and that what I hope he works hard on this offseason is further developing his craft. Film film and more film breakdown. He is just missing something and im not sure what that is but hopefully he can find it and put it all together next season to the point people start shying away from his side more. 

 

Not to to take away from Wilson here but this team has to do a way better job at defending those throws short and over the middle and screens. Achilles heel for several seasons. Misdirection plays , this team should have tons of that to review for next season to get better in recognition for sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...