Lucky Colts Fan

Where are the Naysayers?

Luck had me at hello...  I’ve never come into a season with him as our QB when I didn’t see 12 wins since his rookie season.  If he’s healthy I can look at the schedule, and make an argument that we could win 75% of the games.  It’s the NFL and there’s always a couple games you lose that you probably shouldn’t have and vice versa but I’ve trusted in Luck that much when he’s healthy.  Now with CB, Frank, Big Q, & the Maniac on the team, I’ve no reason to go below 12 wins again.  And I did think 10-12 wins for this season if Luck was healthy.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DougDew said:

You need better perspective about what is negative and what isn't. 

I've never been negative about Luck, changes in the O scheme, changes in the D scheme, free agent signings, or overall drafts.  

Being not childishly giddily euphoric about every decision is not the same thing as being negative about them.

Just messing with you man! Haha. I just cant get over the Ebron thing ;)

1 minute ago, DrLuck said:

Just messing with you man! Haha. I just cant get over the Ebron thing ;)

Oh.  Nice signing. 

His touchdown was not out of the ordinary for a receiver however.  Anybody notice that he......the "tight end"...was lined up outside of TY on that play?    LOL.

I hope that bringing that up is not interpreted as being negative.

4 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I'm not going to name names, but I'm wondering why we aren't seeing certain posters when things are going so well...  :thinking:

Where are the people that weren't impressed with Ballard?

Where are the people that thought Luck was done?

Where are the people that thought the Colts had the worst roster in the NFL?

Winning cures all.  Including an infestation of forum pests.  :sip:

I thought Luck was done. Didn't like picking Leonard so high either.  I had the Colts winning six games this season. I don't believe Hooker is all that either. 

Ok I stepped up to admit how wrong I was. I am certainly happy for the way things have played out and especially that Luck is healthy again. BTW I did want Nelson to be drafted so all is not lost. LOL!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Oh.  Nice signing. 

His touchdown was not out of the ordinary for a receiver however.  Anybody notice that he......the "tight end"...was lined up outside of TY on that play?    LOL.

I hope that bringing that up is not interpreted as being negative.

Hahaha ya, tight end receiver whatever, we can all agree he's a great drummer. This is a great time to be a colts fan I can say that.

• Haha 1

I saw 6 wins.  I thought it would take Luck a full season to get on track, not just a few games.  I also saw a roster bereft of talent.  I liked Ballard, I just thought it would take another year or so.  I didn't know what to expect of Reich.  I also didn't know what to expect of the rookies Nelson, Leonard, Smith, etc.  

Hindsight is 20/20 but I am quite happy to be wrong.

• Like 2

I am one who said 5-11 would be the final record.  So happy I was wrong.  Andrew , our O-line, and this young defense have be a wonderful surprise.  GO COLTS!!!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DrLuck said:

Hahaha ya, tight end receiver whatever, we can all agree he's a great drummer. This is a great time to be a colts fan I can say that.

I absolutely loved that celebration by the way. Lol.  Go Colts.

I said 9-7 and a 6th Seed before the season. I was positive all season, it took 10 wins to get in but I almost nailed my prediction. I was one that felt like Luck would be healthy and play really well. I also thought Reich would be better than Chuck moving forward. I can't wait for the Playoffs :thmup:

• Like 3

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I would not call myself a naysayer. I don't think I ever said this team sucked. They should be at least 12-4. But thats another story. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Well we did have the worst roster in the NFL last season ... I think most people on here could agree with that. 

Looking back I'd say I was 50/50 on my predictions.  I was positive Luck was good enough to get us to 10 wins but boy did I think I was wrong on that one, 6 games into the season. Lol

On the draft I was highly questionable of the Nelson pick... Until the end of the first round and every team and their mother took a guard. Ballard had such supreme foresight on that I conceded whole heartedly. In the second round I jumped for joy when we took Leonard. I knew he was a steal. I despised the Smith pick. I was so so upset with that pick and I'm so freaking happy I was so wrong. Still though Connor Williams looks pretty good over in Dallas lol but it doesn't matter at all because Braden is a solid tackle.  I also hated the double dipping with the defensive ends and was scared on how raw Turay was and while I liked him as a prospect I thought a 2nd rounder was way too high for him. Man I love being wrong. 

The rest of the draft I was pleased with and still am. And the best thing that happened was McDaniels being a little b. I hated the hiring before. I hated it during. I hated it period with a deep burning passion and I was so glad it was anyone but McDaniels.  No way though could I have known that Reich was going to be the real deal.  It's insane to see proper coaching in Indy. It's been almost 10 years... 

Yeah I'm one happy colts fan right now :-). 

Yes! Purge the heretics! They must be flogged! There is only Chris Ballard, and Frank Reich is his prophet!!!!

12 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I'm not going to name names, but I'm wondering why we aren't seeing certain posters when things are going so well...  :thinking:

Are they the same people that were proclaiming that Myles Turner of the Pacers was useless? One of the reasons I quit posting on Pacers board for the most part.

I predicted 11-6,and a home playoff game, and winning that game. I was one play away from that being the reality.

I, like the team and staff, have bought in whole heartedly to Chris Ballard and his vision. He sees the game the way I see it. He sees team building and culture the way I see it. So, I have been more optimistic than most since the beginning of last season.

Luck is showing the world what I already knew, that he is a generational, transformative QB that's going to continue to break records and be a force in this league for 10+ years.

Let's keep this party going all the way to the Superbowl!

• Like 2

I just followed the formula.  

A healthy Luck as starter = winning season 

Easy peasy 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm not a nay-sayer, but I will admit I was one of most who was not expecting a winning season,..let alone a playoff birth.  I never thought the 2 win total had any merit. i figured 8-8.  But then, really, how many of you when the season started expected us to have a RB with the 7th YPG?  A top 10 scoring defense? The 4th best scoring offense?  The BEST O-line in the entire NFL?  There are a lot less holes on this team than we ALL foresaw.  I'm glad of that.

I called 10-6 (even after the slow start), based on the way they lost those early games but mostly just being an optimistic fan.

There’s a long list of analysts and sports talk host who said there’s not much talent and it’s going to take a couple of years:

Polian

Chapple

Saturday

Wells

Holder

Golic

GMFB

Reich was confident and said from the beginning he wanted to win now (and that he had the team to win now), which was contrary to popular opinion. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ColtV said:

Yes! Purge the heretics! They must be flogged! There is only Chris Ballard, and Frank Reich is his prophet!!!!

Doth thou enjoyeth thine sarcasm?

QrMz.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, DougDew said:

You're nuts.  Everything I said in that post can be validated by searching this forum, if you care that much.

Like you really loved the Nelson pick at 6?

21 hours ago, TheMarine said:

I thought 7-9, with a ceiling of 9-7. Was happy to be wrong

Thank you!  The crow didn't taste to bad and now its all out of your system.  :console:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Most of us thought the Colts could be anywhere between 6-10 and 9-7 at best including me.  Glad that our Colts have exceeded my expectations.  I was also very vocal in critiquing Luck’s decision making and many turnovers.  However, he has made adjustments and stepped up his game in those areas.  Thanks in large part to the influence of Frank Reich and the emergence of our offensive line.  We are now seeing the results. It’s a beautiful thing.  He is earning his accolades from me rather than having me just give them to him because I’m a Colts fan.   

Also props to Ballard.  Going into the season I thought our roster was basically garbage.  We still have needs but he has shown he can draft well.  I didn’t see Darius Leonard coming!  

Most didn't, including opposing players LOL!  :rawr:

• Haha 1

I was one that had concerns about how Luck would do, or if he would even be back.  I honestly don't know enough about the rest of the league to have made any predictions, I watch our games week to week but don't follow the other teams, especially in the off season to know who we should or shouldn't beat.  Definitely glad that Andrews return turned out the way it did. 

I don't much care where they are!

I am just happy to be excited about this team again!  

It's been a fun 2nd half of the season!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, JustAColtsFan said:

Thank you!  The crow didn't taste to bad and now its all out of your system.  :console:

Eh, no crow was ever consumed. It was reasonable to expect given how bad the defense was performing at that time (end of training camp), and how Luck was unable to push the ball down the field more than 10 yards. Didnt trust the receivers beyond TY and Doyel, and our line was a huge ? mark.

22 hours ago, Superman said:

Hiding under a bridge somewhere.

Or sobbing on the Titans forum.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Doth thou enjoyeth thine sarcasm?

QrMz.gif

Verily

I'm curious, aren't posts like the OP's just as useless and childish as the "<random player or coach or front office person> sucks and will never be good" posts?

• Like 1

On 12/31/2018 at 2:30 PM, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I think you miss them when they are not around.

59 minutes ago, ColtV said:

I'm curious, aren't posts like the OP's just as useless and childish as the "<random player or coach or front office person> sucks and will never be good" posts?

41 minutes ago, Myles said:

I think you miss them when they are not around.

I think it's funny how they disappear when things are going well.

While I'm here rain or shine.

Also...

tenor.gif?itemid=8010357

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I think it's funny how they disappear when things are going well.

While I'm here rain or shine.

Also...

tenor.gif?itemid=8010357

giphy.gif

It does seem reasonable that people who only post when things are going bad disappear when things are going well. 

Me?   I loved the draft mostly because i wanted them to take Nelson with the 3rd pick.  Since they were able to acquire more picks and still get him at 6 was genius.   We still have a pick from that trade to use and it is good (34th pick). 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Malakai432 said:

Or sobbing on the Titans forum.

Under the bridge that all those Titans fans walked over on the way to the stadium Sunday night. While crying on the Titans forum.

:)

• Haha 2

If we lose Saturday they will be back but at that point they will just look silly so let them. I need a great laugh :lol:. We are now a Good team, made the Playoffs, so look silly if we lose now I say :funny: . We weren't pick to make the Playoffs by ESPN, NFLnetwork, Fox Sports, or USA Today. Elliot Harrison (NFLnetwork) had us rated #32 before the season. Nate Davis (USA Today) did as well and us winning 2 games. So if the few Trolls want to comeback in here after a Playoff loss, let em. I will be all over them, you know me :rawr: because it was the same people that us winning 4 games and said Ballard stinks and Luck would be a noodle arm.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If we lose Saturday they will be back but at that point they will just look silly so let them. I need a great laugh :lol:. We are now a Good team, made the Playoffs, so look silly if we lose now I say :funny: . We weren't pick to make the Playoffs by ESPN, NFLnetwork, Fox Sports, or USA Today. Elliot Harrison (NFLnetwork) had us rated #32 before the season. Nate Davis (USA Today) did as well and us winning 2 games. So if the few Trolls want to comeback in here after a Playoff loss, let em. I will be all over them, you know me :rawr: because it was same people that us winning 4 games and said Ballard stinks and Luck would be a noodle arm.  

We both predicted 9-7 before the season started and ended up very close. This team is excellent right now and on the right track. We have legit playmakers on offense and defense that we can depend on a bit. The defense needs some work still, and I'm scared of losing eberflus, but this year was a success, and no matter what happens in the playoffs, we should make it every year from now on and I'm very confident we'll win at least 1 SB in Luck's career.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

We both predicted 9-7 before the season started and ended up very close. This team is excellent right now and on the right track. We have legit playmakers on offense and defense that we can depend on a bit. The defense needs some work still, and I'm scared of losing eberflus, but this year was a success, and no matter what happens in the playoffs, we should make it every year from now on and I'm very confident we'll win at least 1 SB in Luck's career.

Yeah same here. We both had 9-7 and a 6th Seed before the season started, it did take 10 wins to get in. I think we will win Saturday too but it won't be easy. Luck won't face a QB that is as great as him until he plays someone like Mahomes or of course Brady.

• Like 1