Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Where are the Naysayers?

Lucky Colts Fan

24 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I'm not going to name names, but I'm wondering why we aren't seeing certain posters when things are going so well...  :thinking:

Where are the people that weren't impressed with Ballard?

Where are the people that thought Luck was done?

Where are the people that thought the Colts had the worst roster in the NFL?

Winning cures all.  Including an infestation of forum pests.  :sip:

yep, there is a lot of crow to be served. 

• Like 1

Where are those that said, "There is no I in Indianapolis", that Colts are usually Brown, but never Blue.....those that said the football has one to many pointy ends, or that Luck does not rhyme with Duck?

Wait maybe those are the naysayers I was looking for, nevermind.......

I predicted we'd be a 6 win team.  Didn't see many predicting a 10 win/playoff season. 

I never bought into that stuff about having the worst roster in the NFL.  Much of that was just dittohead talk by many to validate previous outrageous statements. 

I'm impressed with Reich, and loved the hiring of him instead of Josh.  I graded each of Ballard's drafts as A's.

• Like 6

Most of us thought the Colts could be anywhere between 6-10 and 9-7 at best including me.  Glad that our Colts have exceeded my expectations.  I was also very vocal in critiquing Luck’s decision making and many turnovers.  However, he has made adjustments and stepped up his game in those areas.  Thanks in large part to the influence of Frank Reich and the emergence of our offensive line.  We are now seeing the results. It’s a beautiful thing.  He is earning his accolades from me rather than having me just give them to him because I’m a Colts fan.   

Also props to Ballard.  Going into the season I thought our roster was basically garbage.  We still have needs but he has shown he can draft well.  I didn’t see Darius Leonard coming! 

• Like 1

I'm going to name names. Where P'son, the poster with the troll avatar who was 110% convinced Luck was done. Where'd ya go? 

There's more, but the obvious troll was obvious.

The amount of people who actively look at this sport through the lens of pure spite is amusing and sad. I know I'm Pats fan hater #1 (or try to be..), but I haven't spent two seconds actually fighting with Pats fans on the internet, especially on their forums/sites/PFT. Or better yet, pretending to be a fan too, so I can say stupid crap to annoy their fans. 

To be fair...Luck was a giant question mark until he wasn't. Basically an unprecedented scenario for a QB...going through that lengthy of a rehab for his throwing shoulder without actually throwing. Very happy that he was able to come back...but I certainly had my doubts (as did many people much more medically-inclined than myself).

For me, that was the gamechanger though (along with the OL). I thought this was going to be a 6-win team...but once Luck was back and the season started to shake out where we knew more about the other teams (right around the bye)...that quickly went from a 6-win team to not losing again (and they probably shouldn't have). 

As for the draft, I didn't like the 2nd round picks overall. Leonard was a phenomenal pick and Smith looks like a great get as well. Still don't really like the DL double-dip at the end (though I do like Turay's potential). Going to have to see how those shake out.

Really interested for this upcoming draft to see how Ballard approaches it now that he has some pieces in place.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

As for the draft, I didn't like the 2nd round picks overall. Leonard was a phenomenal pick and Smith looks like a great get as well. Still don't really like the DL double-dip at the end (though I do like Turay's potential). Going to have to see how those shake out.

Really interested for this upcoming draft to see how Ballard approaches it now that he has some pieces in place.

All off season, I wanted Roquan Smith in the first.  But pick 6 was too high for him and any trade down would have been too low, so I thought we were in a bad spot to get him.  Since I've been wanting a rangy ILB for some time, I researched others and Leonard stuck out.  I mocked him at 36 or 37, with the other pick being the best G available.  So Ballard hit the mark perfectly for me with those two second round picks (especially since Smith appears to fill a more important need at RT). 

I wanted WR Christian Kirk at 49, but when AZ took him two picks before, I was stunned and thought to default to taking the best Corner on the board, since many were left with good value there.  Yes, the Turay pick and Lewis trade up are still question marks in my mind, but since they are rotational pass rushers and my main man was taken at 47, I'm not against those picks in any significant way (maybe Ballard would have taken Kirk).  We'll see how it works out.

It will be interesting to see how Ballard does with picks in the 20s.  We still need some impactful defensive players and that is getting a bit low in round one to expect any to be on the board.  We have the Jets high second round pick, so that will make this draft more successful than most just because of that.

Colt fans are a little too sensitive to criticism at times.  With most other fan bases, it just goes with the territory.  The Pats have been to 8 Super Bowls recently, yet they're generally more critical of their team than we are.  Ever read a Steelers forum?

25 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

To be fair...Luck was a giant question mark until he wasn't. Basically an unprecedented scenario for a QB...going through that lengthy of a rehab for his throwing shoulder without actually throwing. Very happy that he was able to come back...but I certainly had my doubts (as did many people much more medically-inclined than myself).

For me, that was the gamechanger though (along with the OL). I thought this was going to be a 6-win team...but once Luck was back and the season started to shake out where we knew more about the other teams (right around the bye)...that quickly went from a 6-win team to not losing again (and they probably shouldn't have). 

I have to say I had a major concern before the season in Lucks health. "Did the past Colt's admin's destroy that young mans health buy not addressing the offensive  line concerns, and just depended on his ability to carry the team? Don't want to put it on all on the past admin's  decisions, Luck had to learn himself in not letting you competitive instincts keep you from learning how to manage the game. Even Manning had to do that. To me no matter how your level of play is, I admire those who are constantly evolving in their play & want to keep learning how they can be a better player regardless of  their current status. 

I have seen this year, a stronger physically fit,  Andrew Luck, And a much wiser franchise QB.

I think that we will see great things from this Young man in the future. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, #12. said:

Colt fans are a little too sensitive to criticism at times.  With most other fan bases, it just goes with the territory.  The Pats have been to 8 Super Bowls recently, yet they're generally more critical of their team than we are.  Ever read a Steelers forum?

Didn't know Steelers fans could write...

• Like 4

No one and I mean no one could or would gage Luck's status or the OL success as it came to be. I don't blame the negatives in view of the past GM who very few here "admired". The Colts were bad, plain and simple. Hindsight is twenty-twenty. The past is in the toilet and the future is on the table. Take your pick.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DougDew said:

All off season, I wanted Roquan Smith in the first.  But pick 6 was too high for him and any trade down would have been too low, so I thought we were in a bad spot to get him.  Since I've been wanting a rangy ILB for some time, I researched others and Leonard stuck out.  I mocked him at 36 or 37, with the other pick being the best G available.  So Ballard hit the mark perfectly for me with those two second round picks (especially since Smith appears to fill a more important need at RT). 

I wanted WR Christian Kirk at 49, but when AZ took him two picks before, I was stunned and thought to default to taking the best Corner on the board, since many were left with good value there.  Yes, the Turay pick and Lewis trade up are still question marks in my mind, but since they are rotational pass rushers and my main man was taken at 47, I'm not against those picks in any significant way (maybe Ballard would have taken Kirk).  We'll see how it works out.

It will be interesting to see how Ballard does with picks in the 20s.  We still need some impactful defensive players and that is getting a bit low in round one to expect any to be on the board.  We have the Jets high second round pick, so that will make this draft more successful than most just because of that.

Ballard will certainly have some ammo if he wants to move up from the 20s. I don't see him doing it...but you never know. 

I would be willing to bet a DE is drafted with that 1st round pick or that NYJ pick. But after that, will be interesting to see what he does. In addition to DL, Colts need WR, CB, S. I am hoping they get two of those in the 2nd round.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, #12. said:

Don't really care to lol, I have enough of the Steelers and Patriots fans in my area, that I see and hear from on a regular basis  to get the gist of what their fans are like.  

56 minutes ago, #12. said:

I think it’s because a lot of our fans are from the midwest. On the east coast blasting your team when they deserve it is a sign of love and affection.  Lol. The media is also more aggressive.  I’m Colts fan from the Baltimore days so I relate more with the east coast way of things.  

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, #12. said:

A fan base enjoying their team and defending their team?  The horror!  

Also I remember the days around here that if you said the word patriots about 10 pats fans would rush to defend their team.  So yeah their fans defend their team too.

I sometimes think people think that being overly critical of their team somehow makes them more objective and thus a better fan.  That’s not always the case.  Just because you enjoy when your team does well and you want to see them do well does not make you a homer.  Even if you are a homer, Bob lamey was the biggest one out there for years, there is nothing wrong with it because what we say and do here has ZERO impact on the team.  If Chris Ballard and Frank turn into homers then people should be concerned.  

This team has had a very nice surprising 10-6 season after starting 1-5 and struggling for the past three years before that.  If you can’t enjoy that then why are you a fan?  For the record when I say you I speaking generally there and not saying you specifically there.  

This is a game it’s meant to be enjoyed.  We don’t make a living picking things apart so we don’t have too.  I’ve been around here for years, not that that means anything other than perspective, and three things I’ve noticed about people who like to be overly negative they are either trying to be like someone in the media, being a troll, or they want to be the smartest person in the room and be able to stand up and say see look at me I was right whenever everyone else said I was wrong.  I am not saying you are doing any of those things or even overly negative I am just saying there is nothing wrong with fans enjoying a good season.  They don’t have to be overly critical of their team to be good fans.  

For the record there is nothing wrong with pointing out flaws either.  Every team has them.  It’s just when people over react to them and only want to focus on them I stop paying attention but that’s just me.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I think it’s because a lot of our fans are from the midwest. On the east coast blasting your team when they deserve it is a sign of love and affection.  Lol. The media is also more aggressive.  I’m Colts fan from the Baltimore days so I relate more with the east coast way of things.  

I'm partially Indiana, mostly not, so I get you and the old school Colt fans.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DougDew said:

I predicted we'd be a 6 win team.  Didn't see many predicting a 10 win/playoff season. 

I never bought into that stuff about having the worst roster in the NFL.  Much of that was just dittohead talk by many to validate previous outrageous statements. 

I'm impressed with Reich, and loved the hiring of him instead of Josh.  I graded each of Ballard's drafts as A's.

I think there is some FANTASTIC revisionist history going on here....

No matter....    everyone is a winner today!

Happy New Year to you and yours, Doug!    Here’s to an even better 2019.

40 minutes ago, DrLuck said:

You need better perspective about what is negative and what isn't. 

I've never been negative about Luck, changes in the O scheme, changes in the D scheme, free agent signings, or overall drafts.  

Being not childishly giddily euphoric about every decision is not the same thing as being negative about them.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think there is some FANTASTIC revisionist history going on here....

No matter....    everyone is a winner today!

Happy New Year to you and yours, Doug!    Here’s to an even better 2019.

You're nuts.  Everything I said in that post can be validated by searching this forum, if you care that much.