Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sales Are Up

OldManP

They'll have to raise the prices again to minimize the losses .... $12 beers and $10 hotdogs next season.

with a good draft and off-season acquisitions, season tickets sales will plumett, beers will be 20 and hotdogs 15. with a bad draft and terrible off-season acquisitions, season ticket sales will evaporate and beer will be illegal to drink and hotdogs will be used as instruments of violence.

No I'm not kidding

I was already upset that the very day they released Manning that I got 2 emails from the Colts Pro shop trying to get me to purchase Manning memorbilia! If the shop starts pushing Manning Cardinal jerseys that will just be further insult!

No I'm not kidding

Eventually they will, but I suspect that once he signs with another team they won't be allowed to pre-make them and promote them (until he retires). IE: I called Fathead yesterday, and they can't make any more. It doesn't really matter on the one hand because you can customize your own jersey. It does matter on the other hand, because Nike is about to redo the jerseys, and a Nike/Colts/Peyton Manning jersey would be a bit of a contradiction. Many people won't care about that, but the jerseys are also moving quickly because the dealers want to get rid of their Reebok stock before the Nikes come out. It's hard to tell which phenomena is driving the sales.

They will continue to sell Manning #18 Colts jerseys until the end of time.

I don't buy NFL (or any sport) official jerseys etc. But my guess was that once a player was traded, a team no longer could sell his jersey. So you're saying that my guess was not correct?

I don't buy NFL (or any sport) official jerseys etc. But my guess was that once a player was traded, a team no longer could sell his jersey. So you're saying that my guess was not correct?

No, you're correct that the NFL cannot officially sell them until he retires. However you can customize them if you like and when he does retire many Colts/Manning fans will be ordering them (Colts #18 jerseys) for all time.

You think club seat holders are bandwagon fans? Those seat are expensive to own.

Many of those seats are 'corporate' and actually given away to bandwagon fans (clients or potential clients) as 'favors' one game at a time. It was interesting to see. There would be 4 or 6 and even 8 seats in a row empty. The rest of the Luc would be full...

They'll have to raise the prices again to minimize the losses .... $12 beers and $10 hotdogs next season.

The Sixers, who struggled to sell tickets since Iverson was ran out of town, have $4.50 beers and dollar hot dogs. This year the Sixers are selling tickets with ease and I'm noticing an increase in prices as the season progresses

You think club seat holders are bandwagon fans? Those seat are expensive to own.

Many of those seats are 'corporate' and actually given away to bandwagon fans (clients or potential clients) as 'favors' one game at a time. It was interesting to see. There would be 4 or 6 and even 8 seats in a row empty. The rest of the Luc would be full...

correct you are. doesn't mean they are all bandwagon, but a whole lot of them are

I was lucky enough to attend my first game in LOS last year in one of the suites. There were only about 5 of us (me included) watching the game with most of the two rows of eight seats being empty. The rest of the people were behind us in the lounge area talking business and eating food.

I bet I couldn't get 50% face on my Season Tickets right now if I tried to sell them. I wish I would have known the liquidation sale was coming prior to the March 2nd deadline to renew. Thanks Mr. Irsay your a quality act.

They'll be sold out this year with a lot of empty seats so no games will be blacked out but you wait till 2013 my friends. You won't see anyone in there but tumbleweeds blowing by. Good thing NFL ticket is cheaper than owning season tickets. Back to the days of visiting teams fans coming into our stadium and making it a home game for the visitors.

Yeah, we'll get to see all these loyal Colts fans, that wanted tickets for so long, step up to the plate and keep the stadium sold out for all us fair weather fans that supported this team since 1984 and actually put there money where there mouth is. Can't wait! I wonder where all you loyal, true blue Colts fans were when I was scalping tickets in the 80's and 90's. We sure sold out a lot of games back then but where were you loyal Colts fans then. Were you all just waiting for the right time to say you were loyal fans because you have now drunk the Irsay bottled water of hipocracy!

Give me a break! No fan is more a fan then someone else just because they don't go along with your way of thinking. If someone chooses to not support a team anymore, what gives anyone the right to say there not loyal. Fan bases come and go, it's sports. I'm tired of all the Irsay ^cowpatties^! Fans have different ways to support there so called team but no one is more a fan than someone else. Die hard yes! I've missed 3 home games in 18 years, am I more of a fan than someone that has never been to game but stays at home? No, but I can say I'm vested! Just tired of all the ^cowpatties^ being fed to us. If you choose to support this era then go buy some tickets and finacially support the team for 18 years as much as I have. Then come call me a fair weather fan because I choose to not support the lie.

Yeah, we'll get to see all these loyal Colts fans, that wanted tickets for so long, step up to the plate and keep the stadium sold out for all us fair weather fans that supported this team since 1984 and actually put there money where there mouth is. Can't wait! I wonder where all you loyal, true blue Colts fans were when I was scalping tickets in the 80's and 90's. We sure sold out a lot of games back then but where were you loyal Colts fans then. Were you all just waiting for the right time to say you were loyal fans because you have now drunk the Irsay bottled water of hipocracy!

Give me a break! No fan is more a fan then someone else just because they don't go along with your way of thinking. If someone chooses to not support a team anymore, what gives anyone the right to say there not loyal. Fan bases come and go, it's sports. I'm tired of all the Irsay ^cowpatties^! Fans have different ways to support there so called team but no one is more a fan than someone else. Die hard yes! I've missed 3 home games in 18 years, am I more of a fan than someone that has never been to game but stays at home? No, but I can say I'm vested! Just tired of all the ^cowpatties^ being fed to us. If you choose to support this era then go buy some tickets and finacially support the team for 18 years as much as I have. Then come call me a fair weather fan because I choose to not support the lie.

Chill out there buttercup. We appreciate you supporting the team for 18 years or so you say...........why would you put up with 3-13 teams but now your whining cause you believe Irsay did not do what you thought he should? Dont let the door hit ya.

Indeed...there is no fan Olympics. That carp just doesn't wash with me. What also doesn't wash is any poster going on and on about how they are going to stop supporting the team, but they keep coming here to tell everyone about it. Not unlike the person who is picketing a McDonalds and they have to keep moving out of the way for the line of people coming in to eat. No, I'm not speaking directly at you, I am speaking to this trend on this board in general. I have absolutely no issue in the least with someone being cranked as all heck about recent events with this team to the point of saying "I'm done!" We ALL have that choice. . If a person is done, I truly respect anyone's making a stand, as it were. But if one still feels the need to come here and tell other Colt fans that they are done....over and over, they might want to check how honest they are really being about this with themselves.

Yeah, we'll get to see all these loyal Colts fans, that wanted tickets for so long, step up to the plate and keep the stadium sold out for all us fair weather fans that supported this team since 1984 and actually put there money where there mouth is. Can't wait! I wonder where all you loyal, true blue Colts fans were when I was scalping tickets in the 80's and 90's. We sure sold out a lot of games back then but where were you loyal Colts fans then. Were you all just waiting for the right time to say you were loyal fans because you have now drunk the Irsay bottled water of hipocracy! Give me a break! No fan is more a fan then someone else just because they don't go along with your way of thinking. If someone chooses to not support a team anymore, what gives anyone the right to say there not loyal. Fan bases come and go, it's sports. I'm tired of all the Irsay ^cowpatties^! Fans have different ways to support there so called team but no one is more a fan than someone else. Die hard yes! I've missed 3 home games in 18 years, am I more of a fan than someone that has never been to game but stays at home? No, but I can say I'm vested! Just tired of all the ^cowpatties^ being fed to us. If you choose to support this era then go buy some tickets and finacially support the team for 18 years as much as I have. Then come call me a fair weather fan because I choose to not support the lie.

I might have been there with you in the 80s except for one small problem.....I was 10 years old.

• 3 weeks later...
Seats were empty last season. It's gonna be hard to sell $8 beers and $6 hotdogs at LOS next season.

Club seats would have 4, 6, sometimes 8 in a row empty. These are corporate or brokers tickets. Outside the 30's, it was stil full up.

I remember seeing a few Harrison jerseys on the Colts store site over a year after he was gone.

I miss when the Colts suck and security got laxed. I snuck in to many games at RCA. I look forward to seeing a game at LOS. Any tips in crashing LOS points of entry. Although if they get really really bad you can just walk through the front door. Least at RCA I did.

PS Musical doors at Market square was great. Just dont run back stage. I wonder of the cops beat those guys with those clubs? I dunno just glad I went the other way. I missed out on the gate hopping at Deer Creek. That place just sucks. Wouldnt go there for free.