Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

No Mayock this draft season (Raiders New GM)

I think this is a good move, I like him as a draft analyst too....and good for Mayock putting his money where his mouth is(unlike some draft commentators who have had a spat with this team in the past, yet made no real move to actually run a team). 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ColtV said:

I think this is a good move, I like him as a draft analyst too....and good for Mayock putting his money where his mouth is(unlike some draft commentators who have had a spat with this team in the past, yet made no real move to actually run a team). 

"Who the hell" are you talking about, anyway? :lol:

21 hours ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Who will get angry at an orangutan on national tv now? He's the primary reason I switched  to watching the draft on NFL Network.

I agree. And as a hardcore draftnik, and a person who was also annoyed with the simian, I am anxious to see who fills his chair

• Like 1

Personally, I am glad to see Mayock go! That blowhard is nowhere near as good an analyst as Mel Kiper Jr. and his hair doesn't even come close to greatness of best draft guru in the business!

melkiper.jpg

Now that is one good looking draft guru!

(of course this whole post is sarcasm best of luck in Oakland Mr. Mayock)

Happy for him. I think it’s a good fit. First you have someone who a lot of people respect that really has a history with Gruden (watched his presser), which kinda debunks all these rumors about how football people don’t like Gruden. Also pretty much confirms that Mayock was the best of all the so called draft guru’s. It’s funny because the other draft analysts are the ones bashing the hire out of pure jealousy. He’s been offered a job or two in the past. What experience did John Lynch have when the 49ers picked him?

I’d expect Lance Zerlein to become the guy. He already does all of the prospect write ups on NFL.com. No one would have the chemistry Mayock had with Rich Eisen though. I wonder if he’ll bring anyone over with him. Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks are both former pro scouts and Brooks played in the league.

On 12/31/2018 at 11:49 AM, ColtV said:

Yeah I'm interested to see how this goes.

Everyone likes to give their mock, and their opinion on the draft, and nobody is ever right.

I'm always like "Well why aren't you getting paid to draft for an NFL team?" and now one of the most famous draft people is actually doing it.

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 11:25 AM, ColtsBlueFL said:

Unless they can somehow get Greg Cosell to do it, I agree with you there.

I don't know how I feel about Cosell. I can't say I follow him a ton but the times I have, I think I've been split on his opinions. I guess I probably wouldn't hate it if he were to take Mayock's old gig.