Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Geathers

coltfaninnewyork

1 minute ago, GoColts00 said:

I really want to draft Juan Thornhill, Virginia to replace odum/mitchell/etc. I'd keep Farley, but Geathers is injured too often. 

I think Farley is the missing link for this defense. He's not a world beater, but he's a solid and reliable Safety. I really hope we bring him back.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Shive said:

I think Farley is the missing link for this defense. He's not a world beater, but he's a solid and reliable Safety. I really hope we bring him back.

If we draft Thornhill he will be the starter by mid-season. I like Farley. He should be retained. Let Geathers walk. I'd look for other Safeties to replace odum/mitchell/martin

10 minutes ago, waka waka said:

both are rookie players correct? seems like everyone is a week to week executioner around here. I think Adams has played well...not all of the penalties he's gotten is on him. 

Adams is constantly taking poor angles and biting hard on fakes. On Henry’s long run to the right he lost contain. Then the following play his man is the TE who scored. Also last week against NYG he wasn’t good. I get He’s a rookie. I didnt say cut him but right now he’s not very good. Odum either 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Adams is constantly taking poor angles and biting hard on fakes. On Henry’s long run to the right he lost contain. Then the following play his man is the TE who scored. Also last week against NYG he wasn’t good. I get He’s a rookie. I didnt say cut him but right now he’s not very good. Odum either 

Who's not missing and over pursuing Henry? It happens but I think he's been more than solid for his role thus far and has made his share of contributions. Will he be the long-term SAM option I dunno but you don't see RB's in the NFL like Henry too often. Also, I'm not sure if anyone noticed or not but the rain came at the right time. I saw a few slips and stumbles on some good pursuit angles out there as well. I saw some floodgates get opened by more than just Adams.

8 hours ago, waka waka said:

both are rookie players correct? seems like everyone is a week to week executioner around here. I think Adams has played well...not all of the penalties he's gotten is on him. 

So many young players have improved this year right before our eyes, on both offense and defense.

This coaching staff has proven to me that they know what they are doing.: Who has potential, and who to be patient with.

A year ago, did anyone think that Kenny Moore would actually become a good CB?

With my limited ability to judge, I personally see potential in both Adams and Odum. But we'll see........ 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, cbear said:

Odum was fine.  Would rather have Geathers obviously, but not sure why he stunk? 

Well you should have watched him.

He was lost out there most of the time. You know, bad reads, reaction, just not filling his gaps. Think Antonio Morrison. The opposition was keeping him confused and abusing him. It would have been more obvious for you I hope, if Gabbert hadn't looked like Curtis Painter. The same went on with out 3rd LB'ers. Bad stuff.

6 minutes ago, SC-Coltsfan said:

Congrats on thumping my Gamecocks. I know we are talking about safeties  but the CB #34 Hall would be a nice addition also. He played very well.

Thanks...I certainly wasn't expecting that result. I was hoping for a win obviously but SC is a better team than they showed. Yea, Hall is a good player also. I would be happy if the Colts got either of those two. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, waka waka said:

Who's not missing and over pursuing Henry? It happens but I think he's been more than solid for his role thus far and has made his share of contributions. Will he be the long-term SAM option I dunno but you don't see RB's in the NFL like Henry too often. Also, I'm not sure if anyone noticed or not but the rain came at the right time. I saw a few slips and stumbles on some good pursuit angles out there as well. I saw some floodgates get opened by more than just Adams.

Adams is fine. Everybody played poorly on that TD drive. He's a young guy who has been getting sporadic playing time all year, mostly a special teamer at this point. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Superman said:

Adams is fine. Everybody played poorly on that TD drive. He's a young guy who has been getting sporadic playing time all year, mostly a special teamer at this point. 

not bad considering that TD drive was what, 2 plays?  Only 2 bad plays on a drive is good right?  errr..... lol

8 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

not bad considering that TD drive was what, 2 plays?  Only 2 bad plays on a drive is good right?  errr..... lol

He missed an oppertunity for a pick. 

I think Geathers, Mitchell and Odum wont be retained next year. Odum might be practise squad. I think we will keep Fairley as he is the best playmaker we have at SS and is a good locker room presence. Then maybe draft another safety in the mid rounds.

14 hours ago, VaAllDay757 said:

He's a rookie you can only expect so much right now

I really don't consider guys that have been through 17 weeks of practice and games rookies anymore.

Not trying to sound like a jerk, but that's kind of a weak excuse at this point.

4 minutes ago, zibby43 said:

I really don't consider guys that have been through 17 weeks of practice and games rookies anymore.

Not trying to sound like a jerk, but that's kind of a weak excuse at this point.

He only played defensive snaps in 10 games. In five of those ten, he played 9 or fewer snaps.

But even a rookie should know not to hit a guy late out of bounds. He basically gave the Titans three points.

9 minutes ago, Superman said:

He only played defensive snaps in 10 games. In five of those ten, he played 9 or fewer snaps.

But even a rookie should know not to hit a guy late out of bounds. He basically gave the Titans three points.

Not only late, but went low to boot. 

1 hour ago, Superman said:

Yeah, most of the mistakes I saw from Adams and Odum yesterday were the result of poor fundamentals and lack of discipline (including lack of eye discipline).

Adams just gets eaten up by any sort of misdirection.  Then again, so does our entire LB corps.  That's the one thing the Giants, and to an extent, the Ttitans, have done recently to try to take advantage of the defense's speed and aggressiveness.

Use that speed and aggressiveness to get guys out of position in a hurry.  Create cutback lanes and awkward tackling angles.  Speaking of angles, Odum takes some "Ole!" angles.

I'm just extremely happy that these minor issues are what I'm whining about this time of year, relative to the Colts.  #Blessed

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DarkSuperman said:

I love Geathers against the run but man this guy can't stay healthy. I'm praying Ballard signs or drafts a safety!

Or he already realizes the potential of Cooper and Hook.  Hooker and coop?   whatever, we have our diamond in the rough!

On 12/31/2018 at 3:32 PM, Four2itus said:

Not only late, but went low to boot. 

Not only late and low but almost took out Leonard’s knee...  My heart nearly stopped.  I was so happy to see Leonard still on the field the next play.  Then a play or 2 later Odum took Desir’s interception away.  He was terrible on that drive.  And Adams gets eaten alive on misdirection. Looking like another Morrison out there.  Maybe it’s something with those linebackers with numbers in the 40’s...?

On 12/30/2018 at 11:43 PM, Mr.Debonair said:

If we are thinking of the same play, Adams did not lose contain.  he followed BG expecting a bootleg, Henry ran behind him,  With the alignment and the way the titans blocked it, Adams followed his reads.  Odum was the one that needed to come up and fill but he was slowing coming down hill and then missed the tackle.

Adams has worked his way onto the field and increased playing time because he's been playing well.