Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts are playoff bound!!!

CR91

4 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I like our potential path to make a run.  It goes through Houston, Kansas City and either New England/San Diego or Baltimore in the AFC Championship.  One week at a time but I think it’s definitely doable for this team.  

Mannnn I really want us to beat Houston so we can get the potential game of the year in Colts @ Chiefs. Luck vs. Mahomes in a duel? Must see TV.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Houston is a threat because they have Watson now, they do not have those other duds at QB's from the past. Watson is Good.

It will be a good game...no doubt.  Colts will have to be on their game. But I think it helps to draw a familiar opponent for our first round match up. We know what it takes to win down there. 

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The thing I love about Watson from our perspective is that he holds onto the ball too long. Not to mention they have a poor O-Line. We'll get lots of pressure and sacks on him next week! :thmup:

Yeah he takes alot of hits too. I like him as a QB but he needs to ease up on running, otherwise he will end up injured. I just hate to see that for such a talented QB. I respect Houston alot, JJ is a Hall of Famer and Watson and Hopkins are Great talents. It will be fun playing against them. Looking forward to that challenge. Round 3 as we call it.

• Like 5

The AFC looked very weak the last quarter and wide open for an improbable team like the Colts to make a SB run. We already beat the Texans once (almost twice) and history shows that we have the Chiefs number. The AFCC looks well in reach from this point.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah he takes alot of hits too. I like him as a QB but he needs to ease up on running, otherwise he will end up injured. I just hate to see that for such a talented QB. I respect Houston alot, JJ is a Hall of Famer and Watson and Hopkins are Great talents. It will be fun playing against them. Looking forward to that challenge. Round 3 as we call it.

I’d just like to say AFC South stand up! Best division in the NFL. Most total wins of any division. Props to the Colts, Texans and Titans this season. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I’d just like to say AFC South stand up! Best division in the NFL. Most total wins of any division. Props to the Colts, Texans and Titans this season. 

Yeah we made the Playoffs with the Division being Good so nobody can say we made it because it was bad lmao . 3 teams had a winning record. The Jags even have a Great Defense but their record stunk.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah we made the Playoffs with the Division being Good so nobody can say we made it because it was bad lmao . 3 teams had a winning record. The Jags even have a Great Defense but their record stunk.

Yeah for years we caught a lot of flack and gump from those criticizing our success because of our division.  Meanwhile the Pats beat up on the weak AFC East for easy playoff byes year after year and they get a pass.  I am glad our division has toughened up because it will make us more battle tested for the playoffs. 

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Superman said:

I was hoping they'd shut Hilton down. He was clearly laboring, and we need him next week. 

Ryan Grant isn't good, by the way. 

dude...TY has another gear I don't think we've seen that extra gear all season I think he's been laboring for about 10 weeks but he's got so much fight in him. you don't see it. I think a lot of players do that. on that screen, he had one guy that had an angle on him but is he was 100% that would have likely been 6.

58 minutes ago, Superman said:

I was hoping they'd shut Hilton down. He was clearly laboring, and we need him next week. 

I saw grant got hurt.  I don’t know if he returned after that but I am glad to see Inman has taken his starting spot.  He’s been a pleasant surprise.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Way to go.  This has been an awesome season.  Hopefully it’s not done yet.  Oddly enough I think I’d rahter be the six seed and going to Houston than the four and hosting the chargers.  

It is so wide opened, glad we are in. The media can now admit they were wrong as in ESPN, NFLnetwork, USA Today, and Fox Sports that said we would suck and would win 2-4 games. Colin Cowherd is the only one that said we would be a Playoff team before the season. 

-Ebron said he has Jesus throwing him the Football, best quote of the year. I love this team and their Chemistry. 

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The thing I love about Watson from our perspective is that he holds onto the ball too long. Not to mention they have a poor O-Line. We'll get lots of pressure and sacks on him next week! :thmup:

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

What I've noticed about Watson is he hasn't learned yet how to handle/take advantage of the Blitz. Last time we played him Eberfus blitzed often and was successful.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It is so wide opened, glad we are in. The media can now admit they were wrong as in ESPN, NFLnetwork, USA Today, and Fox Sports that said we would suck and would win 2-4 games. Colin Cowherd is the only one that said we would be a Playoff team before the season. 

-Ebron said he has Jesus throwing him the Football, best quote of the year. I love this team and their Chemistry. 

Before the season I thought the Colts would have a winning record and have a chance at the playoffs, but after that first 6 weeks I was seriously doubting my predictions.

But even if you look over those early losses, they really weren't as bad as their record.

Week 1 - moving the ball and having a chance for the lead before Doyle fumbles and it is returned.

Week 3 - some unfavorable officiating, injuries and the dropsies

Week 4 - going for the win rather than the tie

Week 5 - I would say the only real loss but still was misisng Leonard and more dropsies

Week 6 - the pretty much spotted the Jets points and the dropsises continued

All of those game could have or should have been won, but the ball didn't bounce their way.

I'm really impressed about what this young team was able to overcome after the start.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, our_dbs_rock said:

Before the season I thought the Colts would have a winning record and have a chance at the playoffs, but after that first 6 weeks I was seriously doubting my predictions.

But even if you look over those early losses, they really weren't as bad as their record.

Week 1 - moving the ball and having a chance for the lead before Doyle fumbles and it is returned.

Week 3 - some unfavorable officiating, injuries and the dropsies

Week 4 - going for the win rather than the tie

Week 5 - I would say the only real loss but still was misisng Leonard and more dropsies

Week 6 - the pretty much spotted the Jets points and the dropsises continued

All of those game could have or should have been won, but the ball didn't bounce their way.

I'm really impressed about what this young team was able to overcome after the start.

I thought the turning point was the second half of the Jets game,  the defense still struggled but that’s when the run offense came to life.  It also happens to be AC’s first game back.  I think it too a little while for him to get to knock the rust off but the line was different from the second half of that game on.

19 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I thought the turning point was the second half of the Jets game,  the defense still struggled but that’s when the run offense came to life.  It also happens to be AC’s first game back.  I think it too a little while for him to get to knock the rust off but the line was different from the second half of that game on.

Yea,  AC was a huge plus.  I think I laughed every time I seen a comment during the off season about how he needed to be replaced. 

I think of the whole line, Smith has to be the most impressive.  I know there was some discussion pre draft and before the season about him being able to make the switch to tackle but I don't think anyone could have predicted how solid of a job he has done this season.

EDIT.

In other playoff news, this is hilarious.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Superman said:

I would think  they are going to reduce his snaps (if need be).

Remember TO getting 122 yards in the SB (Eagles/ NE) ? It amazes me T.Y. can play as well as he does, but you’re right, it is concerning. 

As far as Grant, when he plays well, he’s okay. He was pretty decent when he was with Washington. 

It was a remarkable regular season when you consider nobody even knew if Luck could throw a football in early July, we were on our emergency backup HC, the roster appeared to be littered with holes, and then the 1-5 start.  I'll admit it, I had kicked dirt on the Colts' playoff chances.  They were 1-5 and tied with the Cardinals for the worst record in the league at that point.  What they did from there on is amazing and a lot of credit should be spread out for this including Ballard, Reich, Luck, Nelson, Leonard, etc.  Did not see this coming.  Now you have a 2011 Giants feel to this team where they weren't supposed to do much, squeaked their way into the playoffs, and were hot at the right time.  If I were a fan of another AFC playoff team, I would NOT want to see Indy right now.

8 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

The AFC looked very weak the last quarter and wide open for an improbable team like the Colts to make a SB run. We already beat the Texans once (almost twice) and history shows that we have the Chiefs number. The AFCC looks well in reach from this point.

I've never understood that thinking.    

Amazing!  This team has been on fire the past 10 weeks!  One of the hottest, if not hottest team in the league.  I truly believe they can play with anyone!  They were not expected to make the playoffs in a rebuild year, they are a head of schedule and are coming!  This off season should only make the team stronger with all of the cap space and draft picks plus experience from this year.  They can beat the Texans too if they play a good, non sloppy game!  I just wanted them to get in this year, a playoff win would be a bonus, especially against Houston!

9 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Way to go.  This has been an awesome season.  Hopefully it’s not done yet.  Oddly enough I think I’d rahter be the six seed and going to Houston than the four and hosting the chargers.  

Absolutely. It would have been nice to take the division from Houston, but I definitely prefer this matchup. The Chargers might be the best team in the AFC.

This is what sport is all about, team seemingly dead and buried, then something changes and here we are looking forward to the playoffs.

I managed to stay up right to  4 am to watch the game and enjoyed every minute of it, the good, the bad and the ugly.

Really looking forward to this week as it is my son's birthday on Saturday, so really hoping for a double celebration (and the game is at least at a decent hour this week).

Well done to everyone involved - great work all round.