Would you rather...

compuls1v3

Would you rather...  

36 members have voted

1. 1. WR or TE?

• I see more value in a wide receiver.
    • I see more value in a TE.

1 hour ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Wide receiver all the way.  The rules are set up for QBs to pass the ball to receivers.  Plus you don’t see many TEs taking a pass to the house.  

Huh?

May I introduce you to Eric Ebron?   He plays for the Indianapolis Colts.  And he catches lots of touchdowns.

As to which position I’d prefer...   I’m fine either way.   More explosive plays will come from a WR.    But this is a front office and coaching staff that believes strongly in the TE position.   So if we went that direction, I’m fine with it...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Huh?

May I introduce you to Eric Ebron?   He plays for the Indianapolis Colts.  And he catches lots of touchdowns.

As to which position I’d prefer...   I’m fine either way.   More explosive plays will come from a WR.    But this is a front office and coaching staff that believes strongly in the TE position.   So if we went that direction, I’m fine with it...

ty hilton is way more important to this team its close but if we had ebron and even add a prime gronk but horrible wrs he wouldnt be that good . ill take 2 elite wrs and a elite slot and just average tight ends like a jack doyle and swope 

8 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

ty hilton is way more important to this team its close but if we had ebron and even add a prime gronk but horrible wrs he wouldnt be that good . ill take 2 elite wrs and a elite slot and just average tight ends like a jack doyle and swope 

Mom sone aspects of your post I agree with you.

But you lost me when you called Doyle and Ebron “average.”    They’re not.   Not even a little....

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Mom sone aspects of your post I agree with you.

But you lost me when you called Doyle and Ebron “average.”    They’re not.   Not even a little....

i said doyle not ebron is average which he is good not great good is average he is not a top 10  tightend in the league anything after top ten is average in my book and i like doyle

Easily WR. TE is a huge strength of this team, especially when Doyle returns next year. We have Hilton and that's pretty much it. Hilton is also limited in certain ways physically because of his size. We need a WR like Kelvin Harmon in the 2nd round to offset Hilton and compliment him.

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Easily WR. TE is a huge strength of this team, especially when Doyle returns next year. We have Hilton and that's pretty much it. Hilton is also limited in certain ways physically because of his size. We need a WR like Kelvin Harmon in the 2nd round to offset Hilton and compliment him.

Saying Hilton is pretty much it is an insult to Inman.  Each one of our receivers has made an impact during these last 11 games minus the one loss. First downs and touch down do count you know?

5 hours ago, rock8591 said:

WR by far.

TE is basically a possession receiver, good for a 5-10 yard gain on 3rd down, but rarely do they stretch the field.

For lack of better words, TE is amongst one of the non-premium positions; RB, Safety.

So do you honestly think the Colts would have got 12 wins if not for their TEs?

Having those TEs this year is what made the Colts what they were. Those possession TEs are what keeps the chains moving. We had a TE lead the league in TDs this year. So you are wrong with your comment about TEs being non premium positions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, compuls1v3 said:

But he didn't have near the first downs nor yardage.  My only knock on him really is the 3rd down drops (however this is just my perception).

Really my only point is in our system the TE position is a premium position.

Every team is looking for that Megatron  receiver when in reality they are not there.  This forum is chalked full over and over about finding that type of receiver just as every teams forums are.  In the meantime the TE is a premium position.

42 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Really my only point is in our system the TE position is a premium position.

Every team is looking for that Megatron  receiver when in reality they are not there.  This forum is chalked full over and over about finding that type of receiver just as every teams forums are.  In the meantime the TE is a premium position.

To be clear, I also agree it is a premium position.  I'm hoping for a Hawkeye TE this year!