LucasOilStadium

Colts @ Titans Sunday Night Football Game Thread

Hi Colts fans!   A playoff berth is on the line tonight, as our Indianapolis Colts are down south in Nashville to play the Tennessee Titans, with matching 9-6 records. in the 256th and final  game for both teams and the NFL's 2018  Regular Season, for NBC's primetime Sunday Night Football coverage.  Winner earns the postseason berth, loser is eliminated from the postseason.

Colts own the tiebreaker at the moment, with their earlier 38-10 home rout of the Titans in the earlier meeting played at the real LOS back on November 18, evening their record to 5-5 at the time.

I still think Indianapolis has the edge over Tennessee, because Andrew Luck has more game experience at QB than Blaine Gabbert. Colts defense has to contain Titans RB Derrick Henry, who scored 5 touchdowns in a home win over Jacksonville in a Thursday Night Football game.

Houston Texans clinched the 2018 AFC South Division title earlier this afternoon by defeating the visiting Jacksonville Jaguars 20-3 at NRG Stadium.  Texans linebacker J.J. Watt also had a sack accomplishing 16 QB sacks in 16 games this season.

Tonight's outcome in Nashville between the Colts and Texans is simply, winner earns a Wild Card Playoff berth,  loser is eliminated from contention.  Hopefully our Colts are the victors after tonight's game.

Had  the Jacksonville Jaguars upset the Texans in their season finale at NRG Stadium earlier Sunday afternoon, this Colts Vs. Titans game would  have been  more intrigue.  Had the Texans lost in that scenario Still a win or lose and go home prime time game, and  instead of Wild Card Playoff berth if the Texans win, but  for the  AFC South Division Title. 

A win tonight over the Titans by the Colts should be a fitting climax  and remarkable to their regular season,  after starting their first six games with a 1-5 record before their October 21 game.

Since their October  21 home win over the Buffalo Bills, the Colts have one 9 of their last 8 games during the season, the only blemish the 6-0 road loss at Jacksonville back on December 2.   Also since October 21, the Tennessee has also won 6 of their last 9 games prior to tonight.

Indianapolis leads the all-time regular season series, including 1 postseason game at 32-15, and also own an 11-5 record at Nissan Stadium.

Al Michaels and former Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Cris Collinsworth are announcing the live TV game commentary , along with sideline reporter and interviewer Michele Tafoya, for The NFL On NBC's Sunday Night Football coverage, seen throughout the USA and internationally, and locally on WTHR NBC Channel 13 in Indianapolis, live on HD.

Tonight's NBC electronic network feed of tonight's Colts @ Titans game can be seen live on your computer, Mac, and iPad through your local cable provider.  Colts and NFL fans can also see tonight's game again through the NBC Network  for free , anywhere you are away from home, and travelling, through your cellphone on the NFL Mobile App.

Partly cloudy skies at 53 degrees, is the local game forecast inside Nissan Stadium, for the 8:20 PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff, along, with 0% precipitation, 67% humidity, and east/southeast winds at 3 miles per hour. However, showers is forecast to come  in Downtown Nashville by 11:00 PM Eastern Time, around the second half/fourth quarter.

Head Linesman Walt Anderson leads his NFL officiating crew to supervise the game action on the Nissan Stadium field, between the Colts And Titans.

I also wish all Colts fans, especially Nadine, my fellow administrators, and fellow registered members and users here on the official Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum Message Board, a Happy New Year 2019, with your families, relatives, and close friends.

NO injuries,  Colts win -  in Nashville, they are in  - the playoffs, earning at least a Wild Card Berth, and their first playoff appearance since their 2014 NFL Season.  Pull the Upset And Sweep The Titans in Round 2 Tonight At Music City, and LET'S GO COLTS!!!!

2018 Colts @ Titans NFL Sunday Night Game Preview, Live NFL Game Centers  Team Inactives/Injury Reports, And NFL's 'My Cause, My Cleats' Campaign Links:

https://www.colts.com/news/2018-colts-preview-colts-titans-week-17

https://www.colts.com/game-day/reg-week17/colts-at-titans

https://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2018123011/2018/REG17/Colts@Titans#menu=gameinfo&tab=preview

https://www.colts.com/news/indvsten-inactives-list-2018-week-17

https://www.colts.com/team/injury-report

https://www.titansonline.com/team/injury-report

https://www.nfl.com/mycausemycleats

NBC Sunday Night Football Live Online Links, Beginning With Football Night In America Pre Game Show At 7:00 PM Eastern Standard Time.  Tonight's Colts @ Titans Game Can Also Be Seen Live On The NFL Mobile App From Your Cellphone.

https://stream.nbcsports.com/nfl/watch-sunday-night-football

https://www.nbcsports.com/sunday-night-football

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I wonder if this thread will be the longest gameday thread of the year.

So far the longest is the week 4 Texans game:  33 pages, 1200+ replies.

That was the game where Frank caused controversy by going for it on 4th down in OT.

• Like 1

It doesn't really have any bearing on the Colts game, but I'm a little nervous about how teams from Indiana have done the last few days.

Purdue goes down to Nashville and gets blown out.  ND goes down to Dallas and gets blown out.

Now the Colts go down to Nashville...  :beg:

• Sad 1

This is the best day of the NFL season. Especially with the Colts being relevant. 

It feels like Christmas morning when I was a kid

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

This is the best day of the NFL season. Especially with the Colts being relevant. 

It feels like Christmas morning when I was a kid

All the excitement.... And we gotta wait 7 more hours hahah

• Like 2

So, it's time for the Colts to earn it, as they'll be fighting against:  1) The dreaded backup QB jinx 2) The officials 3) The rain and slop...and 4) Themselves.

• Like 1

There are seven 1 p.m. kickoff games and eight 4:25 p.m. games today.

Strange there is rarely more than three late games.

• Like 1

Do the Colts get a home game if the Jags win? Other wise meh...just win. I’m looking forward to the game. Haven’t seen Luck play a whole game all year.

All set for a long night here in Scotland, temporary bed in son's room (he is sleeping now so he can be awake for the game), no school/work tomorrow - all that is needed is a Colts win to round off 2018 in style.

• Like 5

Just a heads up....every team I have rooted for since Friday has lost, so either I'm due for a victory or maybe I should just root for the Titans tonight?:thinking:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Dingus McGirt said:

So, it's time for the Colts to earn it, as they'll be fighting against:  1) The dreaded backup QB jinx 2) The officials 3) The rain and slop...and 4) Themselves.

If they handle #4, and if #2 aren't overly terrible, we'll be fine.

8 minutes ago, Indy_Mike said:

Just a heads up....every team I have rooted for since Friday has lost, so either I'm due for a victory or maybe I should just root for the Titans tonight?:thinking:

Sunday starts the new week!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think one of these teams will crap the bed tonight, just not sure which one.......i am leaning towards us because Mariota is out and it would be classic Colts to lose to a backup QB.

Pressure does funny things to teams and this is the most pressure we’ve had since 2014.

Lots of rookies on both the team and coaching staff and regardless of the result it has been one hell of a ride and they should all be proud of themselves win or lose.

Under 3 hours to go, let’s go Colts!!!

• Like 1

Thanks LOS :)  going to be an exciting game tonite with a playoff berth on the line. Hoping for another great game and of course bringing home the win.

GOOOOO Colts !!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Myles said:

Is this a must win?

Let's just say if we don't win, the usual suspects will declare this season, and everyone in the organization from the GM to the ballboys, complete and utter pathetic trashy garbage that sucks.

So no, not really.  :D

:P   :sarcasm:    :P

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Myles said:

Is this a must win?

I hope that everyone knows this was in jest.

3 minutes ago, Virtuoso80 said:

Also Mariota will be inactive according to WTHR as well.

Not sure how I feel about this....we've been bit by these back up QBs before! :dunno:

LEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTSSSSSSSSSS

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

So stoked right now, Lets Go Colts, kick some Titan BUTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:1colts:

3 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

None of the games have gone my way today but at least the Steelers were eliminated

I wanted t h e Ravens eliminated

3 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

None of the games have gone my way today but at least the Steelers were eliminated

The only way they get in is if the Colts and Titans tie....that would be a nightmare!

1 hour ago, Myles said:

Is this a must win?

Obviously it is.

There are 2 kinds of teams in the NFL...Teams that make the playoffs and everybody else:thanks:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Indy_Mike said:

The only way they get in is if the Colts and Titans tie....that would be a nightmare!

I dont think either side will allow the game to end in a tie.

On this night, a tie is a loss for both teams....

I'm confident.

If there is a concern its that we're playing the backup center on a wet night.

..and that our speed is a little nuetralized on a wet field.

But there is a significant difference between the two staring QBs.   We should win.