Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Does anyone have a superstition ritual they have for the game sunday night?

horseshoecrabs

I’m a college student, so any days I don’t got class (so every Sunday), I stay up waaaaay to late, wake up at like 12:30 pm, and eat Popeyes for breakfast and watch the game haha

Incredibly unhealthy and incredibly stupid but we’re 9-3 every time I do it so it’s CLEARLY working lol

Although with this being a SNF, we might need to make some adjustments.

• Like 2

Yeah, i make sure I write something about the Colts during the week. every time I have done a game breakdown, save once, this year, they've won.  Needless to say i hadn't done any the first few weeks of the season.

Also, I don't wear ANYTHING resembling Colts attire during the game.  I'll wear it the days leading up to a game...but even if i go to a game, i won't wear colors.  Every time i do, they lose.

I know these superstitions are odd, and make no since, but i can't help it.  Being a former football player myself, It's ingrained in me >.<

• Like 2

Heading down to Nashville in a few hours.  I've wanted to but resisted the urge to buy any new Colts attire this week to wear during the game.  Did not want to mess with the mojo.  Silly to think that the Colts could win or lose based on if I have a new pair of kicks on but that thought ran through my head.

My wife wore a Sanders jersey to the games in 2009 until the Super Bowl when she broke out a new Collie jersey.  To this day I blame her for the loss to the Saints.  I do still love her though.

• Like 3

I have a very expensive Colts sweatshirt that my grandson bought me for my birthday last summer. Starting in week 6 I put it on and they won. The only week I didn't put it on was the week they lost to the Jags. The only time I wear it is during Colts games. I know it really has zero to do with the Colts winning or losing but we have fun with it never the less.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, horseshoecrabs said:

I'm just curious  if anyone has a superstition or ritual, that they will do before or during the game 

Sunday night?  I for one have  not washed my Lucks jersey in the last three games. LOL. I feel that 

until they lose, I can't wash it. Silly Right? Hey until it don't work, stay with it. 

No.

This isn't really too much of a ritual or superstition, but I will start the opponents players Vs the Colts in Fanduel or yearly fantasy when the Colts need to win sometimes. I did it in a lineup with Cowboys, and I plan to do a Sunday night only game where I start a Titans stack so they lose. Sometimes you have to sacrifice a dollar or two for your team! :thmup:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:
  1. I’m a college student, so any days I don’t got class (so every Sunday), I stay up waaaaay to late, wake up at like 12:30 pm, and eat Popeyes for breakfast and watch the game haha

Incredibly unhealthy and incredibly stupid but we’re 9-3 every time I do it so it’s CLEARLY working lol

Although with this being a SNF, we might need to make some adjustments.

so,  you are a college student who "don't got class"?

sorry, made me chuckle.

• Like 1

On 12/30/2018 at 1:08 AM, horseshoecrabs said:

I'm just curious  if anyone has a superstition or ritual

My TV doubles as my computer screen, so if I want to participate in the gameday thread while watching the game, I have to constantly switch back and forth between the game and computer input between plays.

I end up missing plays while reading comments, and the last time I did this was the Jags 0-6 game...

So needless to say, I'm superstitious enough that I won't be doing that again.  Everyone enjoy the gameday thread without me!  I'll be back on once we get the W!  :td:

I wear the same Luck Jersey every Sunday. When we played against Peyton, I wore his jersey under my Luck jersey. I wear the same jeans, same slippers, same socks.

This season has been completely interesting though. I normally drink ultra or Bud Light during games. I had a cowboys fan come over during the game against the redskins, and we compromised to drinking Miller Light. The next week, I swapped back to Ultra, and we lost. I drank it Ultra again during the patriots game. (Side note I work a rotating schedule, so I don’t get every game off). Anyway, so I started drinking Miller religiously on Sundays and we went on our streak. Didn’t get to watch the Jags loss. The kicker is that last week during the titans game I went to Buffalo Wild Wings with a friend. I was drinking miller until about the middle of the third. I then switched to BL, because it was a good deal cheaper. It started feeling like the titans may come back. So I left half of an ICE COLD BL to get a Miller. As soon as that bottle touched my lips, Moore got that INT. So, it’s #Millertime

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pilgrim said:

I wear the same Luck Jersey every Sunday. When we played against Peyton, I wore his jersey under my Luck jersey. I wear the same jeans, same slippers, same socks.

This season has been completely interesting though. I normally drink ultra or Bud Light during games. I had a cowboys fan come over during the game against the redskins, and we compromised to drinking Miller Light. The next week, I swapped back to Ultra, and we lost. I drank it Ultra again during the patriots game. (Side note I work a rotating schedule, so I don’t get every game off). Anyway, so I started drinking Miller religiously on Sundays and we went on our streak. Didn’t get to watch the Jags loss. The kicker is that last week during the titans game I went to Buffalo Wild Wings with a friend. I was drinking miller until about the middle of the third. I then switched to BL, because it was a good deal cheaper. It started feeling like the titans may come back. So I left half of an ICE COLD BL to get a Miller. As soon as that bottle touched my lips, Moore got that INT. So, it’s #Millertime

The High Life Baby!  The Champagne Of Beers!  :cheers:

I just watch at home. I try not to get into the game too much because I have the superstitious feeling it will backfire. So, I go in with a "meh, they will lose anyways at the end on the road" attitude and will take the pleasant surprise if it comes, in the playoffs. Sometimes, it keeps me from being the hard core fan I want to be but I try to reverse jinx every time I can. :) 

It is also probably from years of rooting for the Peyton led Colts and being disappointed in the playoffs. Right now, I go in with low expectations from Luck and the Colts. Yeah, a miserable way to be a fan, I agree!!! :(

I was always very superstitious when I played sports but never watching until the comeback game against KC a few years ago. I was ridiculously tired during the game while we were getting smacked. Made a pot of coffee and as soon as I poured that first cup we scored. Needless to say I was feeling like cornholio after a few pots of coffee and a comeback. The French press is sitting out waiting lol.