Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bears (+4.5) at Minnesota (12-30-18)

oldunclemark

4:25 EST   Joe Buck, Troy Aikman and Erin Andrews on FOX

Over-under at 40.5 inside the US Bank Stadium in Minneapolis

'My Man Mitch' Trubisky (271 of 408 3,060 yards, 24 TDs, 12 INTs) has had a good season with the help of power back Jordan Howard (229 carries, 826 yards) and scat back Tyrik Cohen (94 rushes, 420 yards plus 69 catches for 717 yards).

Mitch's main job is not to give the ball away so the Bears top-ranked defense (46 sacks, 27 interceptions) can do smash-and-grabs on the other teams offense.

Minnesota QB' Captain Kirk' Cousins (405 of 573, 4,166 yards, 29 TDs, 10 INTs) has had a top year statistically but it wont matter if the Vikinsg don't win this one.

Top receivers Adam Thielen (110 catches, 1,335 yards) and Stefon Diggs (94 catches, 974 yards) an tight end Kyle Rudolph (60 catches, 615 yards) will attack the Bears secondary which will probably be  without Eddie Jackson (6 interceptions)

The cloud hanging over this game (even indoors) is that a Minnesota (8-6-1) win probably means the Vikings will travel to Chicago to play the Bears (11-4) next week to start the playoffs.  The Bears could get a first round bye if they get a big game out of Trubisky win while the Rams (12-3) lose at San Francisco (4-11), which is hardly impossible.  But Putrdue and Michigan could have won, too, if they'd have gotten a decent game out of their QBs. And the Bears have the worst place kicker in the NFL.

I don't think the Bears want to play Minnesota a 3rd time but I don't think its gong to matter what they want. The Bears have scored 53 points in their last three games and they've won seven by 7 points or less. Minnesota has won decisively the last two weeks and they're 5-2 at home.

Play in sub freezing temperatures and snow, it would be different but The Vikings' pass attack is too good indoors..

I'd take the Vikings and give the 4 1/2 points and the over...….. and we'll see you next Sunday

13 hours ago, coming on strong said:

the vikings look worse with cousins

I think Cousins is caught up between the expectations stemming from the size of his contract and Mike Zimmer's philosophies for the offense. They just need to figure out their identity on offense during the off season.