Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Quincy Enunwa re-signs with Jets

https://www.profootballweekly.com/2018/12/28/source-new-york-jets-wr-quincy-enunwa-agree-to-four-year-extension/ax7hh18/

Scratch him off the list. The numbers look to be four years, up to $36m. He has 38 catches, 449 yards and a TD this season. 

I had him on my list of possible WR targets, but not at that price point. Seems like the Jags stupid Moncrief offer is going to inflate the WR market. I'll have to recalibrate my expectations, because I don't think there's anyone on the market that the Colts should give that kind of money.

55 minutes ago, Superman said:

https://www.profootballweekly.com/2018/12/28/source-new-york-jets-wr-quincy-enunwa-agree-to-four-year-extension/ax7hh18/

Scratch him off the list. The numbers look to be four years, up to $36m. He has 38 catches, 449 yards and a TD this season. 

I had him on my list of possible WR targets, but not at that price point. Seems like the Jags stupid Moncrief offer is going to inflate the WR market. I'll have to recalibrate my expectations, because I don't think there's anyone on the market that the Colts should give that kind of money.

When the market is inflated, you spend more of your money on known commodities. Golden Tate is worth that much money, IMO, if we do go after him. 

16 minutes ago, chad72 said:

When the market is inflated, you spend more of your money on known commodities. Golden Tate is worth that much money, IMO, if we do go after him. 

I don't see Tate as the kind of receiver that will bring a significant upgrade to our offense. He'd be a nice complementary piece, and he's always been good after the catch, but he's getting to that age where YAC is going to decline, he's smallish, and he isn't a big play receiver in any part of the field. I wouldn't go hard after Tate, personally.