Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Alabama Redskins

John Hammonds

When I took part in our 2018 mock draft as the Redskins GM, I mocked the idea that they were single-mindedly stockpiling Alabama players, and merrily chose my draft picks accordingly.

Apparently, this is exactly what the Redskins are doing.  They have drafted Arie Kouandjio (OL, 2015 Rd4), Jonathan Allen (DE, 2017 Rd1), Ryan Anderson (LB, 2017 Rd2), Da'Ron Payne (DL, 2018 Rd1), and Shaun Hamilton (LB, 2018 Rd6).  They picked up Ha Ha Clinton Dix from the Packers, and acquired the rights to LB Reuben Foster the moment he was released.  I would not be at all surprised if they made a play for S Landon Collins from the Giants.  And you can bet that they'll be active in free agency, picking up RB Mark Ingram (Saints), OG Chance Warmack (Eagles), and RB TJ Yeldon (Jaguars).  And there's no doubt they'll be gunning for QB Tua Tagovailoa in the 2020 draft.  They might even ask Eddie Lacy if he's lost any weight.

So, while you're watching the Tide play in their bowl game(s) this year, try to figure out which of the players on the screen will eventually be Washington Redskins.

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 9:47 AM, John Hammonds said:

When I took part in our 2018 mock draft as the Redskins GM, I mocked the idea that they were single-mindedly stockpiling Alabama players, and merrily chose my draft picks accordingly.

Apparently, this is exactly what the Redskins are doing.  They have drafted Arie Kouandjio (OL, 2015 Rd4), Jonathan Allen (DE, 2017 Rd1), Ryan Anderson (LB, 2017 Rd2), Da'Ron Payne (DL, 2018 Rd1), and Shaun Hamilton (LB, 2018 Rd6).  They picked up Ha Ha Clinton Dix from the Packers, and acquired the rights to LB Reuben Foster the moment he was released.  I would not be at all surprised if they made a play for S Landon Collins from the Giants.  And you can bet that they'll be active in free agency, picking up RB Mark Ingram (Saints), OG Chance Warmack (Eagles), and RB TJ Yeldon (Jaguars).  And there's no doubt they'll be gunning for QB Tua Tagovailoa in the 2020 draft.  They might even ask Eddie Lacy if he's lost any weight.

So, while you're watching the Tide play in their bowl game(s) this year, try to figure out which of the players on the screen will eventually be Washington Redskins.

Arent there some Alabama players on most NFL teams?