Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay's Grand Jesture....

NewColtsFan

Great share NCF :thmup: I don't watch college football but I'm hoping Purdue can pull some of that magic they had vs Ohio State and get this upset. 

Straight up one of the best owners and people in the NFL. He has a bad rep for some mistakes he made, and all these people think that somehow cancels all the stuff he's done for the team, city, and state. 

There's some sleazy owners that some of these teams got. I'm glad my teams owner is Jim Irsay though, and that most Colts fans appreciate that. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, cbear said:

I hope this gets more national attention.  The man isn't perfect, but the narrative re. his reputation is unfairly one-sided. 

He's been in the national spot light a few times already. It's very sad but he seems to be holding on pretty strong knowing his disease will take him in the near future. Jim's a great man!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Very cool,   but I wonder why they are flying? It's a 4 hour drive from indy.   

I’m guessing it has to do with him being terminal and in hospice, getting to/from faster is probably in his best interest. Maybe Irsay wanted to pamper him a bit? And how great is our Mascot Blue, article says he’s a frequent visitor of his! Love it!!!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

This young man is in very bad health and I imagine a 4-5 hour car ride would be exhausting for him.  Plus, as someone mentioned, taking a ride in a private jet is much cooler and faster, too!

Irsay wanted to make sure this was a great experience from start to finish for Tyler.  He is such an inspiration to the Purdue football program and now to all of Indiana and our Colts!!

I'm hoping he'll be given the royal treatment to a home Colts playoff game, too!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I was wondering the same thing.   Probably not any quicker.   Getting to the airport.   The waiting before liftoff.  The flight time.   Landing. Getting out of the airport.   Probably  4 hours in there.  

It's a cool thing he is doing though.   

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Myles said:

I was wondering the same thing.   Probably not any quicker.   Getting to the airport.   The waiting before liftoff.  The flight time.   Landing. Getting out of the airport.   Probably  4 hours in there.  

Private jet has far less wait time, usually 10-15 minutes tops from the time you get there till the time you take off.  Cars usually drive right up to the jet to load and unload.  Even faster if they flew him out of a regional airport vs the international one

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Myles said:

I'm sure they took off from the airport north of town where Irsays jet stays which is pretty close to Carmel, where Tyler lives, so I believe they were likely up in the air in less than 45 minutes from them leaving their house

• Like 2

To the airport part, wealthy folks like Irsay don't wait for private flights. They've got their own entrance as well.

They were wheels up in minutes as has been stated.

Who knew a crazy drug addict who is losing his marbles and can't run the Colts would do a nice deed look this? That's sarcasm for the folks clearly questioning if he should sell the team the last few years.. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

But I thought he had a "Drug Problem" and was a "Bad person" smh. Jim Irsey is a human being with a big heart.

I thought Jim Irsay was a god? lol.  But yes, he has a big heart.  Another thing I like about him is that he is such a down to earth person unlike some other owners that are cocky and self-centered.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Myles said:

As someone said a private jet is different from flying commercial.  I don't think you have to go through security and the jet leaves when everyone is on board and they get permission to takeoff.

So it's pretty much just get there, get in the jet and fly.  

13 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

These are the kind of gesture's Irsay does that make me like him....    he's a part of the community in ways that some NFL owners never are....

To the bolded, is this a struggle for you? Sounds like kind of a back handed thing. Could be wrong, though.....

55 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

I'm slightly taken aback on how judgemental some are on here. We have no clue about these 'sleazy' owners etc. A few press clippings do not maketh the man. 

Or are we doing a DROY here. Running down the other owners to make Jim look awesome?

No knock on Jim, I really like him.

To be honest, it is a small price for him to pay for this much positive publicity.   

Tyler Trent, that Purdue fan who battled with cancer, passed away today. No Happy New Year for his family!!!

I am glad Mr. Irsay and all those who took the time to appreciate his fleeting time on this earth made their impact on his life like he did in his short period of time.

https://www.si.com/college-football/video/2019/01/01/tyler-trent-purdue-university-football-dies-bone-cancer-college-football

RIP Tyler!!!

• Sad 5

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Tyler Trent, that Purdue fan who battled with cancer, passed away today. No Happy New Year for his family!!!

I am glad Mr. Irsay and all those who took the time to appreciate his fleeting time on this earth made their impact on his life like he did in his short period of time.

https://www.si.com/college-football/video/2019/01/01/tyler-trent-purdue-university-football-dies-bone-cancer-college-football

RIP Tyler!!!

Thanks, Chad. The older we get, if we pay attention, we realize that life is about giving. That is where joy truly exists. Sorry for this young spirit's time was so short. Also quite proud of how much our owner....is a true giver. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, chad72 said:

RIP Tyler!!!

That is too bad, RIP.

• Like 4

Tyler’s time here on earth has ended, yet he made a lasting impression on a lot of people not only in NW Indiana, but worldwide. Bone cancer is one of the most painful forms, and Tyler was a straight up warrior, determined to get the word out there and help raise money for a cure. He knew his life would soon be over, but he pushed forward. His new journey now begins, May he Rest In Peace, and may God bless his family during this difficult time.

• Like 5

Very very sad. Kids going before a parent is the worst, I know. My thoughts will certainly go out to that family. So happy that he got to go to one more game as he wished for. Irsay deserves a lot of credit for stepping up and giving a family, and a dying boy, a wish he could otherwise not have achieved in normal circumstances. 

• Like 5