Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

FirsTime's 1st 2019 Mock Off-Season

9 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Brissett hasn't done enough to garner a 2nd rd pick IMO.

If a team needs a QB that bad they would draft him in rd 1.

The only way we might get a #2 pick for Brissett is if someone lost a QB during mid season.

Exactly. People forget that even Jimmy G. was got for only a 2nd round pick last year. Brissett will likely garner a 3rd Round Pick. 

4 hours ago, FirsTime said:

I went high for Jarrett because his production is about the same as Suh. Suh is making 14 mil. Jarrett is 4 or 5 years younger and Donald is't playing right next to him either. You're probably right though it's high. How much you think he gets wherever he goes?

I would say Jarrett gets a 3 yr/36 million contract with a cap-friendly team like the Jets. 14.9 million would make him one of the highest paid linemen in the league. I would love to have him under $12 million a year, however.

2 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Exactly. People forget that even Jimmy G. was got for only a 2nd round pick last year. Brissett will likely garner a 3rd Round Pick. 

Is Brissett worth keeping on the roster even if a 3rd pick is offered?

I say yes. While Luck is looking good that could change on one play. We paid the price for not having a good backup to our starting QB. Sometimes having insurance pays off. Not having insurance is a gamble.

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

I say yes. While Luck is looking good that could change on one play. We paid the price for not having a good backup to our starting QB. Sometimes having insurance pays off. Not having insurance is a gamble.

I agree depending on who is available come draft day. I really do believe that Ballard wants to keep Brissett unless offered a solid 2nd round pick this off-season. But, if one of our top guys is available in the early 3rd round, I wouldn't be surprised if Ballard pulled the trigger either. 

5 hours ago, Bshultz said:

I don't see us bringing Slauson back. So we give up a 2nd and 4th round pick, and our backup QB to draft a guy to sit the bench behind Castonzo? If you make a move like that, then you have to have a plan in place, like moving one guy to RT and moving Smith back inside.

I think Williams may go earlier than 10th anyway

I do see the Colts bringing in OL talent somewhere in the first 3 rounds, this year, and every year

I am seeing the importance of the OL more than I ever have.

AC is getting up in years, and when he was hurt, we suffered

Williams is a rare talent, and could actually play year one at guard, then move to LT (but I dont see it now)  I think we go pass rusher (Polite) 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

The Saints gave a 3rd round pick for Bridgewater with Brees on the roster.

That is a fair point except for the fact that Brees went to school with Abe Lincoln and Wilson is slightly younger.  Not quite an apples to apples comparison.  The same could be said for the Pats investing picks in both Brissett and Jimmy G.  Both Brady and Brees were / are at ages when their teams have to start planning for the future.

57 minutes ago, coltsva said:

What exactly was on Garoppolo's resume that garnered a 2nd round pick for him?

Good point.  Not much from what I can see.  I could swear Garoppolo was traded with only one year remaining on his contract.  The same situation Brissett is in at the end of this year.  Not 100% sure on that though.    Brissett also has a lot of good film out there compared to Garoppolo before he was traded.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I don't think we would have a problem finding a veteran backup if we traded Brissett.  I would trust Ballard on that one.  I think we are talking at least a 2nd. or a veteran starter in his prime if he is traded. 

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

I don't think we would have a problem finding a veteran backup if we traded Brissett.  I would trust Ballard on that one.  I think we are talking at least a 2nd. or a veteran starter in his prime if he is traded. 

I would be happy with a 2 or a 3

AND....... get a FA backup AND a QB to develop in later (5 or later) round

Of course, we circle around this topic a bunch (Some people are adament on both sides of the opinion..... which is fine) I'm in agreement on the topic, but it will all pan out in March/April

I went back and forth on the THAT GUY RB (FA from Pittsburgh) Whose name I wont share again until March :)

We will ALL know the true value in the league for Briskett Brissett AND if THAT GUY, is wearing a shoe on his helmet (or not) in March

Once I make the case a few times, I tend to try to drop it and see what happens....

Sometimes I get drawn back in..........   Its that dang MPstack guy .....

MPstack>x-wife's Lawyer

Just Kidding....... :)

Peace on earth.... good will to Man

That potential trade could have been a three way trade involving Seattle, Dallas and us. MP, you get sooooo worked up when anyone mentions the rumor. Don't understand the vitriol you show for anyone even thinking or suggesting that we could get a 2nd for JB. I  think we can get a 2nd as I personally think he has starter potential in this league. However, I don't know and you don't know what other teams value him at so why be so upset when it is discussed. He has value and as I stated in previous threads this will be discussed up until draft day or the day he is traded so live with it.

• Like 1

I actually like Walter Football's draft board for us. I'm a little torn between Harmon and Harry, but either one would be a tremendous pick. Kendall Willekes is the pick that intrigues me the most. He reminds me of a T.J Watt. 

I'd add another offensive lineman too.

14 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

I would say Jarrett gets a 3 yr/36 million contract with a cap-friendly team like the Jets. 14.9 million would make him one of the highest paid linemen in the league. I would love to have him under $12 million a year, however.

Spotrac estimates Jarrett get 15.2 per

IMO, the Colts will draft a top notch young DT rather than pay an outrageous salary to Jarrett. He's not worth $15 mil per year. He's not worth $12 mil per year. At least, not to the Colts, because he's not the game changer that would justify blowing up the salary structure of the team. Wait for the top caliber free agent WR/receiving TE who wants to play with a great QB such as Luck and is free to choose. THAT guy could be a game changer, and worth the gamble. 

On 12/27/2018 at 10:41 PM, John Hammonds said:

Welcome to the forums @FirsTime!

You'll find that all of us are armchair GM's; believing that we could manage a team better than anyone who is actually paid to do the job.  At least when we're not posting a variation of "I'm not stupid, you're stupid".  Am looking forward to your thoughts and posts as we go through the off season, the Combine, the Draft, and free agency.  Cheers!

."       :rock:

On 12/27/2018 at 9:41 PM, John Hammonds said:

Welcome to the forums @FirsTime!

You'll find that all of us are armchair GM's; believing that we could manage a team better than anyone who is actually paid to do the job.  At least when we're not posting a variation of "I'm not stupid, you're stupid".  Am looking forward to your thoughts and posts as we go through the off season, the Combine, the Draft, and free agency.  Cheers!

Thank you! 

I still think Ballard is gonna spend this free agency. I don't know where exactly but I could see a couple D-lineman and drafting a couple as well. 

I agree with drafting an O-lineman in the first three rounds. I think that is going to keep happening. 

As for WR there aren't really any good ones this FA class. The only good one IMO just got resigned. I think the draft would be the way to go whether it be Brown, Brown, Harry, Harmon, etc...

I really have a hunch Ballard is gonna spend some money and make some moves. This is going to be a very exciting off-season!! Thanks for all the feedback everyone!

The Jets #2 which of course is ours, will be a high one, most likely the 3ed pick in the second round, pick #35. We can get 3 quality starters with our 1 and 2 and the Jets 2. With those three we need another quality OT, and good DB and maybe a deep threat WR. We need a RB as well, but FA could address some of that as well.