Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

FirsTime's 1st 2019 Mock Off-Season


Recommended Posts

I'm newer to the forum this is my first time doing this would appreciate all feedback. 

 

Cap Space heading into the 2019 Off-Season according to spotrac: 122M

 

Resign:

Mark Glowinski- 4 years 4.3M per year 

Vinny- 30 years 3M per year hes going to play till hes 70 LOL (but really just 1 year 3M)

Clayton Geathers- 3 years 4.3M per year (I'm a little higher on him than most people)

Matthias Farley- 1 year 1.1M per year

Pierre Desir- 2 years 2.8M per year

Evan Boehm- 1 year 900K per year

Matt Slauson- 1 year 1.4M per year

 

Free Agents:

I think Ballard is going to come out swinging this free agency. I think we have a good young core (Leonard, Mack, Big Q, Kelly, Smith, Walker, Hooker, Lewis, plus a couple more.) and the COLTure has changed. As long as we keep drafting good the core will only get better. 

 

Brock Osweiler- 2 years 1.2M per year Backup QB

Qunicy Enunwa- 2 years 6.9M per year. He could be the real deal with Luck and the right system. 

Trey Flowers- 5 years 16.2M per year. Probably overpaying but very young progressing so far every year. Equally good against pass and run. Plus the rivalry is back on. 

Grady Jarrett- 4 years 14.9M per year. Very good DT. I know that this draft class is loaded with them but Ballard says he wants eight quality starters on the D-Line. 

Adrian Amos- 2 years 3.8M per year. A good tackling safety who can get the interceptions if in the right place perfect 

Ty Montgomery- 1 year 1.1M per year. Depth and another gadget player for Reich to play with

 

Remaining Cap Space: Roughly 58M

 

Draft: 

TRADE: We trade our R2P21, R4P22, a future round three pick and Jacoby Brissett to the New York Giants for their R1P10

Round 1 Pick 10 Jonah Williams, OT Alabama- Operation keep Luck standing for the next decade

Round 1 Pick 22 Dexter Lawrence, NT Clemson - Monster NT that can get to the QB whilst stopping the run
Round 2 Pick 3 Kelvin Harmon, WR NC State - all around a good sized receiver who can catch the ball
Round 3 Pick 21 Gerald Willis, DT Miami- Can create some interior pressure 
Round 5 Pick 22 Joe Giles-Harris, LB Duke - Coverage Linebacker who can tackle should be a good backup behind walker or Leonard
Round 6 Pick 21 Mitchell Wilcox, TE South Florida- Throwing darts
Round 7 Pick 22 Gary Jennings, WR West Virginia- Name is close to Greg Jennings (another dart)

 

Colts 2019 Roster:

 

Offense: 25

QB- Luck, Osweiler

RB- Mack, Hines, Wilkens, Montgomery

TE- Doyle, Ebron, Alie-Cox, Wilcox

WR- Hilton, Enunwa, Harmon, Cain, Pascal, Jennings

LT- Castonzo, Williams

LG- Big Q

C- Kelly, Boehm

RG- Glowinski, Slauson

RT- Smith, Haeg

 

Defense: 25

Edge- Flowers, Turray

NT- Lawrence, Stewart 

DT- Jarrett, Autry, Willis

Edge- Sheard, Lewis

WLB- Leonard, Giles-Harris

MLB- Walker, Moore

SLB- Adams, Franklin

FS- Hooker, Amos, Odum

SS- Geathers, Fairley

CB- Moore, Wilson, Hairston

CB- Love, Desir

 

Special Teams: 3

Sanchez, Vinny, Rhodes

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, FirsTime said:

I'm newer to the forum this is my first time doing this would appreciate all feedback. 

 

Cap Space heading into the 2019 Off-Season according to spotrac: 122M

 

Resign:

Mark Glowinski- 4 years 4.3M per year 

Vinny- 30 years 3M per year hes going to play till hes 70 LOL (but really just 1 year 3M)

Clayton Geathers- 3 years 4.3M per year (I'm a little higher on him than most people)

Matthias Farley- 1 year 1.1M per year

Pierre Desir- 2 years 2.8M per year

Evan Boehm- 1 year 900K per year

Matt Slauson- 1 year 1.4M per year

 

Free Agents:

I think Ballard is going to come out swinging this free agency. I think we have a good young core (Leonard, Mack, Big Q, Kelly, Smith, Walker, Hooker, Lewis, plus a couple more.) and the COLTure has changed. As long as we keep drafting good the core will only get better. 

 

Brock Osweiler- 2 years 1.2M per year Backup QB

Qunicy Enunwa- 2 years 6.9M per year. He could be the real deal with Luck and the right system. 

Trey Flowers- 5 years 16.2M per year. Probably overpaying but very young progressing so far every year. Equally good against pass and run. Plus the rivalry is back on. 

Grady Jarrett- 4 years 14.9M per year. Very good DT. I know that this draft class is loaded with them but Ballard says he wants eight quality starters on the D-Line. 

Adrian Amos- 2 years 3.8M per year. A good tackling safety who can get the interceptions if in the right place perfect 

Ty Montgomery- 1 year 1.1M per year. Depth and another gadget player for Reich to play with

Bryce Callahan- 2 years 7.4M per year great slot corner can help mid field with tight ends and running backs

Remaining Cap Space: Roughly 51M

 

Draft: 

TRADE: We trade our R2P21, R4P22, a future round three pick and Jacoby Brissett to the New York Giants for their R1P10

Round 1 Pick 10 Jonah Williams, OT Alabama- Operation keep Luck standing for the next decade

Round 1 Pick 22 Dexter Lawrence, NT Clemson - Monster NT that can get to the QB whilst stopping the run
Round 2 Pick 3 Kelvin Harmon, WR NC State - all around a good sized receiver who can catch the ball
Round 3 Pick 21 Gerald Willis, DT Miami- Can create some interior pressure 
Round 5 Pick 22 Joe Giles-Harris, LB Duke - Coverage Linebacker who can tackle should be a good backup behind walker or Leonard
Round 6 Pick 21 Mitchell Wilcox, TE South Florida- Throwing darts
Round 7 Pick 22 Gary Jennings, WR West Virginia- Name is close to Greg Jennings (another dart)

 

Colts 2019 Roster:

 

Offense: 25

QB- Luck, Osweiler

RB- Mack, Hines, Wilkens, Montgomery

TE- Doyle, Ebron, Alie-Cox, Wilcox

WR- Hilton, Enunwa, Harmon, Cain, Pascal, Jennings

LT- Castonzo, Williams

LG- Big Q

C- Kelly, Boehm

RG- Glowinski, Slauson

RT- Smith, Haeg

 

Defense: 25

Edge- Flowers, Turray

NT- Lawrence, Stewart 

DT- Jarrett, Autry, Willis

Edge- Sheard, Lewis

WLB- Leonard, Giles-Harris

MLB- Walker, Moore

SLB- Adams, Franklin

FS- Hooker, Amos, Odum

SS- Geathers, Fairley

CB- Moore, Callahan, Hairston

CB- Wilson, Desir

 

Special Teams: 3

Sanchez, Vinny, Rhodes

EDIT sorry guys

Link to post
Share on other sites

"We trade our R2P21, R4P22, a future round three pick and Jacoby Brissett to the New York Giants for their R1P10"

 

No chance that happens, no chance. To move up that high we'd have to give up our #1 and the Jets #2 pick plus Brissett if he's wanted. If we packaged out #1, #2 and the Jets #2 we might be able to move up to #10. Hell, we got 3 #2 picks just to move down 3 spots..

Link to post
Share on other sites

To me, it fills some of the holes

 

I'm not a fan of Brock, at any level

 

I do think we MAY be a bit creative with draft picks to try and get another pick in rounds 1-3

 

Thanks for posting, but IMHO, a few transactions may be on the outside of what can happen

 

 

It will be a fun season to complete, and the upcoming team build thru draft and FA, will be ALMOST as fun.......

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

With the news that the Oregon QB is staying in college next year, Brissett's value just got higher. 

I think he can garner a 2nd round pick. No need to trade anything else to get that pick either.

  

FirsTime, thanks for going to all this effort. Its a little early to get this intense with the draft and FA until the season is over, but its always fun to read. Good job. 

 

I don't see Grady Jarrett getting that kind of contract from the Colts; and I do see the team adding a CB, likely high in the draft. As for a top OT, they clearly need a future replacement for Castanzo, and he'll have to be drafted soon. I just don't see it being a #1 pick unless by amazing luck a gem falls into their laps. Unlikely. More likely for the #1 pick:  DT is deep through the 2nd round and they need one. That or a top CB/S/DE.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hoose said:

With the news that the Oregon QB is staying in college next year, Brissett's value just got higher. 

I think he can garner a 2nd round pick. No need to trade anything else to get that pick either.

  

FirsTime, thanks for going to all this effort. Its a little early to get this intense with the draft and FA until the season is over, but its always fun to read. Good job. 

 

I don't see Grady Jarrett getting that kind of contract from the Colts; and I do see the team adding a CB, likely high in the draft. As for a top OT, they clearly need a future replacement for Castanzo, and he'll have to be drafted soon. I just don't see it being a #1 pick unless by amazing luck a gem falls into their laps. Unlikely. More likely for the #1 pick:  DT is deep through the 2nd round and they need one. That or a top CB/S/DE.

Brissett hasn't done enough to garner a 2nd rd pick IMO.

If a team needs a QB that bad they would draft him in rd 1.

The only way we might get a #2 pick for Brissett is if someone lost a QB during mid season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Brissett hasn't done enough to garner a 2nd rd pick IMO.

If a team needs a QB that bad they would draft him in rd 1.

The only way we might get a #2 pick for Brissett is if someone lost a QB during mid season.

 

True.

 

Nick Foles might opt out. Joe Flacco will most likely be cut in favor of Lamar Jackson. Ryan Tannehill will be cut. Tyrod Taylor and Teddy Bridgewater will also be in the market. I don't see Brissett being preferred over most of them, IMO. Justin Herbert going back increased the price of all these veteran QBs too and you potentially have 2 SB winning QBs in the market with possibly Bridgewater being a 3rd QB on a SB winning roster if the Saints take it all. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

 

True.

 

Nick Foles might opt out. Joe Flacco will most likely be cut in favor of Lamar Jackson. Ryan Tannehill will be cut. Tyrod Taylor and Teddy Bridgewater will also be in the market. Other than Ryan Tannehill, I don't see Brissett being preferred over anyone else. Justin Herbert going back increased the price of all these veteran QBs too and you potentially have 2 SB winning QBs in the market with possibly Bridgewater being a 3rd QB on a SB winning roster if the Saints take it all. 

As it stands we don't know what Ballard is going to do with Brissett. He more than likely don't know himself at this point.

I would like to extend Brissett but I don't know if that can be done. It is a shame he played when the talent level of this team couldn't help him win games. He was lucky to get through last season with no serious injury.

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

As it stands we don't know what Ballard is going to do with Brissett. He more than likely don't know himself at this point.

I would like to extend Brissett but I don't know if that can be done. It is a shame he played when the talent level of this team couldn't help him win games. He was lucky to get through last season with no serious injury.

I think Brissett plays out his contract in 2019 with the Colts.  Come 2020, its anyone's guess where he ends up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, chad72 said:

 

True.

 

Nick Foles might opt out. Joe Flacco will most likely be cut in favor of Lamar Jackson. Ryan Tannehill will be cut. Tyrod Taylor and Teddy Bridgewater will also be in the market. I don't see Brissett being preferred over most of them, IMO. Justin Herbert going back increased the price of all these veteran QBs too and you potentially have 2 SB winning QBs in the market with possibly Bridgewater being a 3rd QB on a SB winning roster if the Saints take it all. 

Right now I think Foles has the best chance to be a starter elsewhere.  Probably the Jags as they make a final big push with a veteran QB.  I can see Flacco staying as insurance for a run happy Jackson.  You only have to look at the Wentz situation as a reason for the Ravens to keep him.  It's a long season.  So I would be surprised if he's cut.  Tannehill and Taylor both had their stints as starters and have shown they are not franchise QB's.  More likely as backups.  Bridgewater has the injury hanging over him and hasn't played in years.  BTW Cowherd thinks Foles is the best backup in the league followed by Brissett.  I think Brissett has more upside than Taylor, Tannehill, Bortles, and Bridgewater to name a few.  I have a feeling Ballard is going to receive an offer for Brissett that he can't refuse.  Just my opinion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Right now I think Foles has the best chance to be a starter elsewhere.  Probably the Jags as they make a final big push with a veteran QB.  I can see Flacco staying as insurance for a run happy Jackson.  You only have to look at the Wentz situation as a reason for the Ravens to keep him.  It's a long season.  So I would be surprised if he's cut.  Tannehill and Taylor both had their stints as starters and have shown they are not franchise QB's.  More likely as backups.  Bridgewater has the injury hanging over him and hasn't played in years.  BTW Cowherd thinks Foles is the best backup in the league followed by Brissett.  I think Brissett has more upside than Taylor, Tannehill, Bortles, and Bridgewater to name a few.  I have a feeling Ballard is going to receive an offer for Brissett that he can't refuse.  Just my opinion.

Just what has Brissett done that makes him worth anything more than a 3rd or 4th rd pick? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Just what has Brissett done that makes him worth anything more than a 3rd or 4th rd pick? 

The way I look at it is he was a 3rd. rd. pick himself by BB.  That's a high draft choice.  He's wasn't a 6th or 7th or an UDFA.  I actually think he was drafted higher than R. Wilson.  Anyway you still have to prove yourself to stay on a team.  He did that with the Patriots.  He was never going to play a lot but when he did he performed well.  Maybe he won a game I'm not sure.  Then the situation comes up when the Patriots are desperate for a WR.  He is then traded to the Colts for a former 1st. rd WR to start last season.  That receiver still plays for the Patriots.  Regardless he comes to the Colts and starts, without any camp to get him ready, and plays behind a terrible OL and on a poor team.  He manages to lead that team to four wins and receives a lot of praise during that season for his play.  Not to mention the large number of sacks and hits he received.  Has he proven he can play well and lead an NFL team? Admittingly a bad NFL team.  I think so.  Would he have done better with a better team?  Who knows.  Yet to be determined I guess.  So what we have here is a young 3rd. rd draft choice, a QB no less,  who has proven he can play and lead a team.  So you would trade that player for a 3rd. or 4th. rd pick who has yet to prove anything?  To me that makes no sense.  The least you would take is a 2nd. pick IMO.   Not to mention we have a weak college QB class coming out and many teams needing a starter or will need a young starter in the very near future.  Like I said I think Ballard is going to receive an offer he can't refuse.  If it was me I would refuse a 3rd. or 4th. rd. pick.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ColtJax said:

"We trade our R2P21, R4P22, a future round three pick and Jacoby Brissett to the New York Giants for their R1P10"

 

No chance that happens, no chance. To move up that high we'd have to give up our #1 and the Jets #2 pick plus Brissett if he's wanted. If we packaged out #1, #2 and the Jets #2 we might be able to move up to #10. Hell, we got 3 #2 picks just to move down 3 spots..

 

I don't agree at all..

 

#1) We got 3 2nd rounders to move back so a team could take the #1 quarterback in the draft. Sam Darnold was projected 1 overall on all levels. The 10th pick in this draft isn't remotely close to being a similar situation. 

 

#2) We were reportedly offered a 2nd round (likely an early one) for Brissett straight up. If you think we would have to give a boat load of draft capital along with him to move up to the 1st round, you are way off base...

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, DownHillRunner said:

I stopped reading when you said $14.9 million per year for Grady Jarrett.

I went high for Jarrett because his production is about the same as Suh. Suh is making 14 mil. Jarrett is 4 or 5 years younger and Donald is't playing right next to him either. You're probably right though it's high. How much you think he gets wherever he goes?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I want no part of Osweiler or Montgomery. Flowers and Jarrett are good players but I dont think we fork over that much cash.

 

I doubt Geathers gets anything more than a one year offer given his injury concerns, he can be replaced but I agree in bringing back Farley.

 

As far as the draft, the trade is unrealistic and Dexter Lawrence just got busted for PED's. Love the Harmon pick.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Pal, just because both sides denied it, doesn't mean it didn't happen. Where there is smoke, there is fire... and that didn't just come out of thin air for major newspapers to publish. 

Pal, were is the link you are referring to about a 2nd. Don’t post a Seattle offered a 2nd. Link because that’s false. I’ll patiently wait for you reply!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Pal, were is the link you are referring to about a 2nd. Don’t post a Seattle offered a 2nd. Link because that’s false. I’ll patiently wait for you reply!

 

 

I'm patiently waiting for you to put together a proper sentence. 

 

I'm not going to engage in a back and forth argument about if a 2nd round offer was made or not. The Colts have been very clear they value him higher than that. My post indicated that "reportedly" a 2nd round pick was turned down. That isn't false. It was reported. And if you think they didn't have discussions, you can check yourself into a mental ward, because that conversation definitely happened. Major news reporters don't publish without credible sources... and it was there on that. 

 

I posted that to explain why I didn't agree on what it would take to move into a 10th position in the draft. The original poster put a scenario that included around 550 points in picks on a value chart, along with Brissett to trade to a position worth 1300 points on a chart. If Brissett is worth a low 2nd or 1st round pick to the Colts, then this scenario isn't crazy as ColtsJax made it out to be. His scenario is insane as our first pick and the Jets 2nd round would be worth as much or more than the 10th position (on a chart of course).

 

It was a point that you jumped on and are obviously butt hurt on. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

 

I'm patiently waiting for you to put together a proper sentence. 

 

I'm not going to engage in a back and forth argument about if a 2nd round offer was made or not. The Colts have been very clear they value him higher than that. My post indicated that "reportedly" a 2nd round pick was turned down. That isn't false. It was reported. And if you think they didn't have discussions, you can check yourself into a mental ward, because that conversation definitely happened. Major news reporters don't publish without credible sources... and it was there on that. 

 

I posted that to explain why I didn't agree on what it take to move into a 10th position in the draft. The original poster put a scenario that included around 550 points in picks on a value chart, along with Brissett to trade to a position worth 1300 points on a chart. If Brissett is worth a low 2nd or 1st round pick to the Colts, then this scenario isn't crazy as ColtsJax made it out to be. His scenario is insane as our first pick and the Jets 2nd round would be worth as much or more than the 10th position (on a chart of course).

 

It was a point that you jumped on and are obviously butt hurt on. 

 

So, you get called out for making a false statement and resort to grammar etiquette. Brilliant!

 

Face it, you can't man up for a nonsense post!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ColtStrong2013 said:

 

I explained my post, and stand by it. 

 

Good day.

Alls I asked was for is a link?

 

You dodged it, because you made a false statement.

 

Do you homework in the future so you don't get busted again.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MPStack said:

Alls I asked was for is a link?

 

You dodged it, because you made a false statement.

 

Do you homework in the future so you don't get busted again.

 

 

 

 

You don't need a link, as you are obviously aware of the report that I referred to. You said it's false, I said they can deny it, but that there were definitely discussions going on to result in a report of that magnitude. I used that report to argue my stance of what it would take for us to get into the 10th position of this draft. It isn't just that report, it is also Mr. Irsay's remarks of Brissett being valued like a 1st rounder to the Colts. They value him that high, and during a trade up, they would OBVIOUSLY want to get every bit of that kind of value out of him. 

 

When you bring some insight to this conversation instead of trolling, I'll continue it with you. Until then, GOOD DAY.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

 

You don't need a link, as you are obviously aware of the report that I referred to.

 

What report? I asked for a source/link were you stated a 2nd was offered? Your back peddling guy...

 

You can't even provide it, because it doesn't exist.

 

Well.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MPStack said:

 

What report? I asked for a source/link were you stated a 2nd was offered? Your back peddling guy...

 

You can't even provide it, because it doesn't exist.

 

Well.....

 

Ben Volin of the Boston Globe.

 

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/patriots/2018/08/18/sunfoot/a1OmL7fVrCgdYtsjSyuFOI/story.html?p1=Article_Recirculation_Pos4

 

"As for Brissett, he isn’t going anywhere this year, given Andrew Luck’s tenuous shoulder injury. Our league source said the Seahawks recently offered a second-round pick for Brissett, who was coached last year in Indianapolis by current Seahawks quarterbacks coach Brian Schottenheimer, but the Colts passed. This jibes with owner Jim Irsay’s recent comments, that the Colts wouldn’t even trade Brissett for a first-round pick."

 

No back-peddling here. I stand by everything I said... including the part where you are a troll and I tell you, Good day.

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Pal, just because both sides denied it, doesn't mean it didn't happen. Where there is smoke, there is fire... and that didn't just come out of thin air for major newspapers to publish. 

I think it was Ben Volin, a reporter for one of the Boston newspapers , that reported it. I think it was the Seattle report.  That never would have made the papers if he didn't have sources to back it up.  His publisher would never let him throw it out there for fun. They have their reputations at stake.  Doubters were trying to use the excuse they didn't have a second at the time.  Still doesn't mean it wasn't discussed.  They could have been thinking about trading one of their players for a second.  I can't remember his name but that defensive player the Cowboys wanted might have fetched a 2nd.  Where there is smoke there is fire...

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I think it was Ben Volin, a reporter for one of the Boston newspapers , that reported it. I think it was the Seattle report.  That never would have made the papers if he didn't have sources to back it up.  His publisher would never let him throw it out there for fun. They have their reputations at stake.  Doubters were trying to use the excuse they didn't have a second at the time.  Still doesn't mean it wasn't discussed.  They could have been thinking about trading one of their players for a second.  I can't remember his name but that defensive player the Cowboys wanted might have fetched a 2nd.  Where there is smoke there is fire...

 

I just posted the link with the original quote above your post. 

 

I fully agree that discussions were going on with this. Don't tell that to @MPStack though...

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

 

Ben Volin of the Boston Globe.

 

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/patriots/2018/08/18/sunfoot/a1OmL7fVrCgdYtsjSyuFOI/story.html?p1=Article_Recirculation_Pos4

 

"As for Brissett, he isn’t going anywhere this year, given Andrew Luck’s tenuous shoulder injury. Our league source said the Seahawks recently offered a second-round pick for Brissett, who was coached last year in Indianapolis by current Seahawks quarterbacks coach Brian Schottenheimer, but the Colts passed. This jibes with owner Jim Irsay’s recent comments, that the Colts wouldn’t even trade Brissett for a first-round pick."

 

No back-peddling here. I stand by everything I said... including the part where you are a troll and I tell you, Good day.

 

Lol

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/colts_say_seahawks_never_talked_to_them_about_jacoby_brissett/s1_14819_27075287?

 

Seattle didn't even have a 2018 or 2019 2nd to offer.

 

Troll, I think not!

 

Face it you got called out and can't man up! You look more like a fool by each post guy!

 

MPSTACK>Coltstrong2013

Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the forums @FirsTime!

You'll find that all of us are armchair GM's; believing that we could manage a team better than anyone who is actually paid to do the job.  At least when we're not posting a variation of "I'm not stupid, you're stupid".  Am looking forward to your thoughts and posts as we go through the off season, the Combine, the Draft, and free agency.  Cheers!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MPStack said:

 

Lol

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/colts_say_seahawks_never_talked_to_them_about_jacoby_brissett/s1_14819_27075287?

 

Seattle didn't even have a 2018 or 2019 2nd to offer.

 

Troll, I think not!

 

Face it you got called out and can't man up! You look more like a fool by each post guy!

 

MPSTACK>Coltstrong2013

 

MPStack < or = Trash Can

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I think it was Ben Volin, a reporter for one of the Boston newspapers , that reported it. I think it was the Seattle report.  That never would have made the papers if he didn't have sources to back it up.  His publisher would never let him throw it out there for fun. They have their reputations at stake.  Doubters were trying to use the excuse they didn't have a second at the time.  Still doesn't mean it wasn't discussed.  They could have been thinking about trading one of their players for a second.  I can't remember his name but that defensive player the Cowboys wanted might have fetched a 2nd.  Where there is smoke there is fire...

 

Not really true in this case.  That rumored trade never passed the smell test.  First the pesky little fact that Seattle did not have the pick to make this deal with in the first place.  More telling- why would Seattle want to offer a high round pick for a back up QB?  The simple answer is they wouldn't.  Teams with franchise level QB's are not spending that kind of draft capital on a back up QB.  100% would not happen. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

 

Not really true in this case.  That rumored trade never passed the smell test.  First the pesky little fact that Seattle did not have the pick to make this deal with in the first place.  More telling- why would Seattle want to offer a high round pick for a back up QB?  The simple answer is they wouldn't.  Teams with franchise level QB's are not spending that kind of draft capital on a back up QB.  100% would not happen. 

I don't know about that.  Teams that view themselves as SB contenders might value a solid backup QB as insurance.  Look no further than Foles and the Eagles.  Doesn't Wilson get sacked a lot?  He does run around and get hit a lot.  Maybe a second is not a bad price for quality insurance.  The fact they didn't have a second could have changed quickly with another trade to acquire one.   Like the one I mentioned with Dallas trying to acquire one of their defensive players, maybe Thomas?  The fact is the Colts weren't going to trade Brissett without seeing where Luck stood.  They sure know now.  It worked out well for the Colts.  Everyone is hung up on acquiring a pick.  It just might turn out to be a player.  Either way I think Ballard will be receiving a lot of calls.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Jacoby played well filling in for Luck on such a short notice, behind a line that many were afraid would end Luck's career. 

 

As one poster mentioned above, his value will be higher during the season, as it pertains to 2020 a 2nd could be attainable.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see us bringing Slauson back. So we give up a 2nd and 4th round pick, and our backup QB to draft a guy to sit the bench behind Castonzo? If you make a move like that, then you have to have a plan in place, like moving one guy to RT and moving Smith back inside.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jskinnz said:

 

Not really true in this case.  That rumored trade never passed the smell test.  First the pesky little fact that Seattle did not have the pick to make this deal with in the first place.  More telling- why would Seattle want to offer a high round pick for a back up QB?  The simple answer is they wouldn't.  Teams with franchise level QB's are not spending that kind of draft capital on a back up QB.  100% would not happen. 

The Saints gave a 3rd round pick for Bridgewater with Brees on the roster.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jskinnz said:

 

Not really true in this case.  That rumored trade never passed the smell test.  First the pesky little fact that Seattle did not have the pick to make this deal with in the first place.  More telling- why would Seattle want to offer a high round pick for a back up QB?  The simple answer is they wouldn't.  Teams with franchise level QB's are not spending that kind of draft capital on a back up QB.  100% would not happen. 

Who said it was this years 2nd round pick?  It's pesky things like this that don't get mentioned.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

The Saints gave a 3rd round pick for Bridgewater with Brees on the roster.

 

That's not really a like for like comparison with Seattle. New Orleans is possibly looking at life beyond Brees next year with TB which makes sense for that trade. Seattle isn't really in that same situation. 

 

17 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Who said it was this years 2nd round pick?  It's pesky things like this that don't get mentioned.

 

With Earl Thomas being highly sought after by Dallas, which probably would have given Seattle at least a 2 for next year, the pick could have hypothetically come from that situation. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...