Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bap1331

Redskins Trade For 2Nd Pick

All the Redskins fans are calling RG3 their new QB. What if the Colts get him? lol

That was too much to give up for RG3 in my opinion. I would have thought two 1st rounders and their 2nd.

That was too much to give up for RG3 in my opinion. I would have thought two 1st rounders and their 2nd.

1 is good enough and second rounders. Of course the Rams are smart and said to take it!!! Browns must be MAD!

Don't they just swap 1st round picks for 2012? So, it's really just a 2nd this year, a 1st in 2013 and a 1st in 2014....correct?

I'm glad we tanked it.

Hopefully Washington can recover to put something around RGIII. Snyder will have to pick his f/a's wisely.

i think the redskins have messed it up because people will look for the trade all the time now for the 2nd pick and higher so teams will be giving up so much now for trades in future and thats way to much to give up

Very bad decision on the redskins part. They gave up way too much and got very little. They do not have enough weapons on offense so even if RGIII turns out to be decent they will still have a bad season.

They did what they had to do to get their guy. You guys act like the Skins were the only team trying to move up to this spot, they had to beat the other team's offers and they had to be sure they would beat them. If RG3 pans out those first round picks won't be nearly as valuable as they would be with Grossman and/or Beck at QB, it's a risk but he gives them a better chance then those two regardless.

Why didn't indy make this same trade or even more and then look for barkley or jones next year? Just an opinion and would love feedback.

Why didn't indy make this same trade or even more and then look for barkley or jones next year? Just an opinion and would love feedback.

imo Jones is garbage and you can't guarantee that we will be picking with the first pick next year for Barkley( It's looking like it will be early but you just can't assume you're going to be the worst in the league). And if you think of it from Gigs' and Pagano's perspective, you're basically throwing away your first year as HC and GM to get picks for the following year(s) and with the amount of leeway for new head coaches anymore, that is not exactly the most appealing approach.