Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How I predict the AFC playoffs will go

CR91

1 minute ago, Myles said:

Same with the Texans though.  

At the time, the Colts needed that win against the Jags to stay in the playoff hunt.   Turns out it wasn't the case.  

I'm just saying that I think teams play up to their potential when it is do or die.   Or they at least do not play in a lethargic manner.  

Again, we'll have to see. I just don't see this game as a cake walk for the texans like a lot of others are.

2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Again, we'll have to see. I just don't see this game as a cake walk for the texans like a lot of others are.

I agree with you on this point.  To be honest, the Texans have a lot to play for, and the Jags don't.  The funny thing is, even if the Texans win, I'm not sure homefield is to their advantage when they play the Colts, if Luck and TY are heatlthy! 

Just now, compuls1v3 said:

I agree with you on this point.  To be honest, the Texans have a lot to play for, and the Jags don't.  The funny thing is, even if the Texans win, I'm not sure homefield is to their advantage when they play the Colts, if Luck and TY are heatlthy! 

haha they do love houston

56 minutes ago, CR91 said:

They also gave up 22 points to sam darnold. Honestly I think their defense is overrated.

How many points did the celebrated Colts defense give up to Sam Darnold? 

And if you watched the last game you would’ve seen how many in-game injuries to the defense (and that particularly nasty one on offense) the Texans suffered. I’m not saying the Jacksonville game will be a gimme either but come on...Blake Bortles is starting. :pokerface:

2 minutes ago, Qwiz said:

How many points did the celebrated Colts defense give up to Sam Darnold? 

And if you watched the last game you would’ve seen how many in-game injuries to the defense (and that particularly nasty one on offense) the Texans suffered. I’m not saying the Jacksonville game will be a gimme either but come on...Blake Bortles is starting. :pokerface:

The colts are not celebrated as a top defense like the texans are and your secondary was a problem way before any injuries happened. As for Bortles, I already said this will be a defensive game. I just think the Jags defense is better especially with all the injuries you guys have to your wrs and rbs. Also Watson has been getting killed by your line.  

3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

The colts are not celebrated as a top defense like the texans are and your secondary was a problem way before any injuries happened. 

But surely you realize how hypocritical you sound considering we beat the Jets and the Colts gave up way more points to them, right? 

And no. The secondary has not been a problem. Kareem Jackson has had a career year, Reid has balled out as a rookie and Tyrann Mathieu is Tyrann Mathieu.

2 minutes ago, Qwiz said:

But surely you realize how hypocritical you sound considering we beat the Jets and the Colts gave up way more points to them, right? 

And no. The secondary has not been a problem. Kareem Jackson has had a career year, Reid has balled out as a rookie and Tyrann Mathieu is Tyrann Mathieu.

and yet you guys are almost dead last in passing defense. Again Im saying this will be a defensive game. All im saying is the Jags defense is better.

4 minutes ago, CR91 said:

and yet you guys are almost dead last in passing defense. Again Im saying this will be a defensive game. All im saying is the Jags defense is better.

Meh. Considering the hell the secondary has been through at times this season I’m not surprised. We beat them pretty handily the first time we played. Yes things have changed but I would trust Watson vs their D more than I would Bortles against ours.

Just now, Qwiz said:

Meh. Considering the hell the secondary has been through at times this season I’m not surprised. We beat them pretty handily the first time we played too, and yeah things have changed but I would trust Watson vs their D more than I would Bortles against ours.

Even though you're down to basically Hopkins on offense? 

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

Even though you're down to basically Hopkins on offense? 

Coutee and Miller will be back this week. DeAndre Carter is playing. Watson can elevate guys on offense and last week was another good example of that. Our defense just couldn’t hold up on their end. 

1 minute ago, Qwiz said:

Coutee and Miller will be back this week. DeAndre Carter is playing. Watson can elevate guys on offense and last week was another good example of that. Our defense just couldn’t hold up on their end. 

Hasn't Coutee missed like 10 games this year?

Just now, Luck is Good said:

Colts are a better team than the Jaguars

Thats not the point and the texans are plagued with injuries on offense while the jags defense is basically healthy

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

Hasn't Coutee missed like 10 games this year?

It’s football. Guys get hurt. But if he does come back his speed and route running will be a factor as it has in the past. 

1 minute ago, Myles said:

I think Watson trumps the defense comparison.   He's really been quite good.   26 TD's to 9 INT's.   68% completion.  104 rating.  500 yards rushing.  

Im not saying watson has been bad. Im just saying the lack of weapons and a leaky oline will cause him and the offense to struggle

7 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

I’m more concerned about the Colts winning their game. I’d love to see the Texans lose. But I’ll believe it when I see it

That’s my only concern as well. I only care about four team. 

5 hours ago, Myles said:

I would very much like to see your scenario play out.   Unfortunately I don't think Houston will lose.   It's a home game for the division title.   They will be playing much more motivated ball than the Jags.   They are an all around better team too.   That said, Go Jags!!

But never discount that Jacksonville defense

Archived