Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CR91

How I predict the AFC playoffs will go

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Myles said:

Same with the Texans though.  

At the time, the Colts needed that win against the Jags to stay in the playoff hunt.   Turns out it wasn't the case.  

I'm just saying that I think teams play up to their potential when it is do or die.   Or they at least do not play in a lethargic manner.  

 

Again, we'll have to see. I just don't see this game as a cake walk for the texans like a lot of others are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

Again, we'll have to see. I just don't see this game as a cake walk for the texans like a lot of others are.

I agree with you on this point.  To be honest, the Texans have a lot to play for, and the Jags don't.  The funny thing is, even if the Texans win, I'm not sure homefield is to their advantage when they play the Colts, if Luck and TY are heatlthy! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, compuls1v3 said:

I agree with you on this point.  To be honest, the Texans have a lot to play for, and the Jags don't.  The funny thing is, even if the Texans win, I'm not sure homefield is to their advantage when they play the Colts, if Luck and TY are heatlthy! 

 

haha they do love houston

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

They also gave up 22 points to sam darnold. Honestly I think their defense is overrated.

How many points did the celebrated Colts defense give up to Sam Darnold? 

 

And if you watched the last game you would’ve seen how many in-game injuries to the defense (and that particularly nasty one on offense) the Texans suffered. I’m not saying the Jacksonville game will be a gimme either but come on...Blake Bortles is starting. :pokerface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Qwiz said:

How many points did the celebrated Colts defense give up to Sam Darnold? 

 

And if you watched the last game you would’ve seen how many in-game injuries to the defense (and that particularly nasty one on offense) the Texans suffered. I’m not saying the Jacksonville game will be a gimme either but come on...Blake Bortles is starting. :pokerface:

 

The colts are not celebrated as a top defense like the texans are and your secondary was a problem way before any injuries happened. As for Bortles, I already said this will be a defensive game. I just think the Jags defense is better especially with all the injuries you guys have to your wrs and rbs. Also Watson has been getting killed by your line.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

The colts are not celebrated as a top defense like the texans are and your secondary was a problem way before any injuries happened. 

But surely you realize how hypocritical you sound considering we beat the Jets and the Colts gave up way more points to them, right? 

And no. The secondary has not been a problem. Kareem Jackson has had a career year, Reid has balled out as a rookie and Tyrann Mathieu is Tyrann Mathieu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Qwiz said:

But surely you realize how hypocritical you sound considering we beat the Jets and the Colts gave up way more points to them, right? 

And no. The secondary has not been a problem. Kareem Jackson has had a career year, Reid has balled out as a rookie and Tyrann Mathieu is Tyrann Mathieu.

 

and yet you guys are almost dead last in passing defense. Again Im saying this will be a defensive game. All im saying is the Jags defense is better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

and yet you guys are almost dead last in passing defense. Again Im saying this will be a defensive game. All im saying is the Jags defense is better.

Meh. Considering the hell the secondary has been through at times this season I’m not surprised. We beat them pretty handily the first time we played. Yes things have changed but I would trust Watson vs their D more than I would Bortles against ours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Qwiz said:

Meh. Considering the hell the secondary has been through at times this season I’m not surprised. We beat them pretty handily the first time we played too, and yeah things have changed but I would trust Watson vs their D more than I would Bortles against ours.

 

Even though you're down to basically Hopkins on offense? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CR91 said:

 

Even though you're down to basically Hopkins on offense? 

Coutee and Miller will be back this week. DeAndre Carter is playing. Watson can elevate guys on offense and last week was another good example of that. Our defense just couldn’t hold up on their end. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Qwiz said:

Coutee and Miller will be back this week. DeAndre Carter is playing. Watson can elevate guys on offense and last week was another good example of that. Our defense just couldn’t hold up on their end. 

 

Hasn't Coutee missed like 10 games this year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

They lost at home vs us when the division was on the line

Colts are a better team than the Jaguars

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Watson trumps the defense comparison.   He's really been quite good.   26 TD's to 9 INT's.   68% completion.  104 rating.  500 yards rushing.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Luck is Good said:

Colts are a better team than the Jaguars

 

Thats not the point and the texans are plagued with injuries on offense while the jags defense is basically healthy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CR91 said:

 

Hasn't Coutee missed like 10 games this year?

It’s football. Guys get hurt. But if he does come back his speed and route running will be a factor as it has in the past. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Myles said:

I think Watson trumps the defense comparison.   He's really been quite good.   26 TD's to 9 INT's.   68% completion.  104 rating.  500 yards rushing.  

 

 

Im not saying watson has been bad. Im just saying the lack of weapons and a leaky oline will cause him and the offense to struggle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

I’m more concerned about the Colts winning their game. I’d love to see the Texans lose. But I’ll believe it when I see it

That’s my only concern as well. I only care about four team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Myles said:

I would very much like to see your scenario play out.   Unfortunately I don't think Houston will lose.   It's a home game for the division title.   They will be playing much more motivated ball than the Jags.   They are an all around better team too.   That said, Go Jags!!

 

But never discount that Jacksonville defense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • this wasn't addressed to me, but Milwaukee goes to St Louis again second weekend in September. I would have thought they could finish this game then. I think maybe Rob Manfred just wanted a shorter game. Who knows.
    • IR. PUP. Starts Wk 1.    That's covered it. 
    • Multiple times I have said the length of the deal would be the issue...like probably in four different posts in this thread. But I think there are people who would even be against paying a RB (like Zeke) that much money for 1-2 years...or wouldn't even give up a late pick for him.    I brought up Funchess because signing Zeke would be akin to signing a Funchess each offseason for a few years. From a financial standpoint...that's not unreasonable. The picks are a different discussion...but Zeke is also on a completely different level...and there is going to be an acquisition cost to getting a player like that.    The bit about Mack was meant to be tongue-in-cheek. The rest of my comment isn't meant to be an attack or even a generalization...it's just an observation about what I have seen in many fans the past year (the Mack situation actually predated a lot of this).   There seems to be a theme...that when a talented non-Colts player vet is mentioned as a possibility to acquire (who would have a cost attached)...there are many that are either dismissive or against it...to the point that late round picks are too much to give up. I think that happens more often than people ignoring the acquisition cost and saying "gimme, gimme." (To be fair...I think saying people "routinely" ignore the acquisition cost is as much of an unfair representation or generalization as what I said...just on the opposite spectrum).   I respect your opinion...and we actually agree on many things (including aspects of roster construction)...I just think I must be in the minority when it comes to taking 'big swings' around here.
    • So here we are again, bunches of cap money, hoping our draft picks are as good as last year, but sweating our QB issue.     How many draft picks are we gonna horde?   How much cap space are we gonna bank?   I realize this deal with Zeke might be just a rumor and forum fodder, but if we have a chance to bring him in, I say yes.  As I, and many other members have said many times, we have a QB that can win a super bowl, but so far we have wasted the opportunity because we lack that 1 player that completes the puzzle.     Andrew has suffered more pain playing on our team then any other Colt's player that I can recall,  I say again, it's time to loosen the purse strings and sign some proven talent to give him a fighting chance.
    • I don't look for him to do much at DT. He played really limited snaps on the interior, really only when they game was far out of hand. Much like here in Indy, there were much better guys on that interior at Ohio State. Tyquan didn't get many "meaningful" snaps inside. Even now he's going to get limited snaps inside because Autry, Hunt, and Ward as just better interior players. I still think he would be a good, cheap replacement, for Sheard, if they got him back down in the 260's. He's good against the run and may get a handful of sacks a year against average RT's. I still scratch my head on why they insist on doing what they are doing with him now.     Yea that's not the story. Him and J Bosa were the starting DE's until they left. Hubbard eventually took over for Bosa when he left and Chase was still sitting behind Tyquan, Nick, and Sam. Chase will be a stud though and I have no doubts he'll be a top-10 pick next year barring injury. 6-5 265 with stupid athleticism, and is equally as good against the run as he is rushing the passer.   Maybe they were thinking Tyquan could turn into a Michael Bennett-type, who can bounce inside and outside on the fly, but I just don't see him being that kind of guy. He wasn't overly athletic at 260'ish, so he's definitely going be hindered with another 10-15-20lbs.
  • Members

    • hippiejohn

      hippiejohn 63

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • coltsfanej

      coltsfanej 167

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • rock8591

      rock8591 989

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • NannyMcafee

      NannyMcafee 1,100

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • SteelCityColt

      SteelCityColt 6,926

      Moderators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Swan Ronson

      Swan Ronson 279

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • C0LT5

      C0LT5 102

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • IinD

      IinD 2,283

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • CR91

      CR91 8,688

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ClaytonColt

      ClaytonColt 332

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...