Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CR91

How I predict the AFC playoffs will go

To start I am going to predict the final standings. If Bortles plays, I can see the texans losing simply because the texans have a ton of injuries to their skill players and oline and I can see the jags defense taking advantage of that. I also see the Browns picking up the upset vs the ravens and the steelers winning vs the bengals. Also us, chiefs, and pats win. So the standing look like this.

1.Chiefs

2.Pats

3.Colts

4.Steelers

5.Chargers

6.Texans

Tough game vs the texans, but I see us prevailing. I also see the steelers getting the upset mostly because its gonna be a cold physical game and that is not really the chargers style. For Chiefs Steelers, its going to be a high scoring game, but I'm picking the steelers just because I think their defense is a lot better then the Chiefs also the inexperience of Mahomes will play a factor. As for Pats vs Colts, the revenge factor will be in full force imo. I honestly don't know what to make of this pats team. Their not as intimating in years past. Their are some cracks in their armor. Do I think we can win, yes, but in the end I think our inexperience hurts us. Pats win. Steelers finally get over the hump vs the pats and make the super bowl. I'm predicting a steelers vs saints super bowl 

Out of all of the possible AFC playoff teams, the Steelers scare me the most.  I won't be too upset if they miss the playoffs.

Personally, I don't care who we play or where.  I'm just super thankful that we're even in the conversation.

the odds are against the Steelers getting in the playoffs and even if they did, they haven’t played consistently all season.  I think they miss Bells abilities.  I think the Ravens win and are in.  I think Colts win First playoff game and then I’ll wait to see who we play after that.  

28 minutes ago, CR91 said:

To start I am going to predict the final standings. If Bortles plays, I can see the texans losing simply because the texans have a ton of injuries to their skill players and oline and I can see the jags defense taking advantage of that. I also see the Browns picking up the upset vs the ravens and the steelers winning vs the bengals. Also us, chiefs, and pats win. So the standing look like this.

1.Chiefs

2.Pats

3.Colts

4.Steelers

5.Chargers

6.Texans

Tough game vs the texans, but I see us prevailing. I also see the steelers getting the upset mostly because its gonna be a cold physical game and that is not really the chargers style. For Chiefs Steelers, its going to be a high scoring game, but I'm picking the steelers just because I think their defense is a lot better then the Chiefs also the inexperience of Mahomes will play a factor. As for Pats vs Colts, the revenge factor will be in full force imo. I honestly don't know what to make of this pats team. Their not as intimating in years past. Their are some cracks in their armor. Do I think we can win, yes, but in the end I think our inexperience hurts us. Pats win. Steelers finally get over the hump vs the pats and make the super bowl. I'm predicting a steelers vs saints super bowl 

I would very much like to see your scenario play out.   Unfortunately I don't think Houston will lose.   It's a home game for the division title.   They will be playing much more motivated ball than the Jags.   They are an all around better team too.   That said, Go Jags!!

Steelers getting  Conner back will help too and that team is scary because they can score on anyone at will. So hopefully they miss the playoffs

40 minutes ago, CR91 said:

1.Chiefs

2.Pats

3.Colts

4.Steelers

5.Chargers

6.Texans

I can see this happening.  But I will hold my reservation until after this weekend.  

Baltimore has a SB caliber Defense and an offense that’s somehow working right now. At home to the Browns, that’s a dub for them. Meanwhile Houston I feel like only needs like 2 or 3 big plays to put away Jacksonville. I think it plays out like this:

1. KC 12-4

2. NE 11-5

3. HOU 11-5

4. BAL 10-6

5. LAC 12-4

6. TENN 10-6 (jk colts haha)

25 minutes ago, ManningGM said:

Steelers are one of the most inconsistent teams in the league right now. Not scared of them.

I am.   They can pass and run.   2 excellent WR's that are tough to cover. 

1 minute ago, NorthernBlue said:

Baltimore has a SB caliber Defense and an offense that’s somehow working right now. At home to the Browns, that’s a dub for them. Meanwhile Houston I feel like only needs like 2 or 3 big plays to put away Jacksonville. I think it plays out like this:

1. KC 12-4

2. NE 11-5

3. HOU 11-5

4. BAL 10-6

5. LAC 12-4

I'd be totally fine with this.  I've stated this before in a different thread that I would rather face kc. Kc is all about the big plays.  Our defense is made to stop that from happening.  I think we would do a lot better against them then pats.  KC offense all they do is a big plays. Won't happen as much either our defense hopefully lol

1 minute ago, Myles said:

They are on the outside of the candy shop looking in.

9 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

1. KC 12-4

2. NE 11-5

3. HOU 11-5

4. BAL 10-6

5. LAC 12-4

Their offense is basically RPOs with the QB able to run when his first read isn't there. That is not gonna work for long. Greg williams is too smart a DC to allow that to work. Browns defense is imo underrated. 

KC             12-4

Pats          11-5

Ravens     10-6

Colts         10-6

Chargers 12-4

Texans     10-6

Jags beat Houston and we beat Tennessee... giving us the 4th seed.

We take out the Chargers at home in the Wild Card round, KC in a track meet at Arrowhead, and we win the AFC title in Bradysborough. :td:

1 hour ago, Myles said:

They went in to NO and except for two fumbles, a bonehead call, and the refs totally blowing several calls, barely lost to the team most people are favoring for the SB.  Think anyone is counting on those mistakes all happening again when they play them?

Oh, and that's with a 3rd string RB.

Yeah, anyone who doesn't think they're not scary isn't watching the same games we are.

The OP's scenario is not the most likely. By my estimation, IF the Colts get in, they're going to play Houston, in Houston. The Colts are going to have to earn the AFCS, irrespective of whether or not they get the regular season title.

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

The OP's scenario is not the most likely. By my estimation, IF the Colts get in, they're going to play Houston, in Houston. The Colts are going to have to earn the AFCS, irrespective of whether or not they get the regular season title.

I agree.   But man, wouldn't it be great if the Texans lost (and the Colts won)?

33 minutes ago, The Fish said:

The jags defense is still legit. They gave us a shutout and they can do the same to houston. Their only weapon is Hopkins. There is no d.thomas and most likely no Miller. Blue and foreman combined for a pathetic 13 yards. Watson has been sacked almost 60 times. This is not gonna be a walk in the park for the texans.

29 minutes ago, CR91 said:

The jags defense is still legit. They gave us a shutout and they can do the same to houston. Their only weapon is Hopkins. There is no d.thomas and most likely no Miller. Blue and foreman combined for a pathetic 13 yards. Watson has been sacked almost 60 times. This is not gonna be a walk in the park for the texans.

I disagree.   I think this will be an easy win for the Texans.   The Colts beat themselves.   The Jags defense really wasn't stellar in that game.   It may only take one Watson run to win the game.   Watt and that defense may not let the Jags get past the 50.

Just now, Myles said:

I disagree.   I think this will be an easy win for the Texans.   The Colts beat themselves.   The Jags defense really wasn't stellar in that game.   It may only take one Watson run to win the game.   Watt and that defense may not let the Jags get past the 50.

imo, this will be a defensive game and I if I had to choose which defense to bank on, its the jags. Im sorry, but they gave up 32 points to a Nick Foles led offense. I don't trust that defense.

12 minutes ago, CR91 said:

imo, this will be a defensive game and I if I had to choose which defense to bank on, its the jags. Im sorry, but they gave up 32 points to a Nick Foles led offense. I don't trust that defense.

The same Nick Foles that won a SB MVP last year. Texans were going to give up points in that game

3 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

The same Nick Foles that won a SB MVP last year. Texans were going to give up points in that game

Ok people need to stop acting like Foles is at the same level as brees and other top QBs. Hes a system QB. This is the same Foles that was trash in his first stint with the eagles and trash with the rams, but we tend to forget that.

Just now, CR91 said:

Ok people need to stop acting like Foles is at the same level as brees and other top QBs. Hes a system QB. This is the same Foles that was trash in his first stint with the eagles and rams, but we forget that.

Players can thrive in a system and that is backed up by 27 TDS and 2 ints season. Only Qb right now that can do that for a season is Brees and Rodgers 

Just now, runthepost said:

Players can thrive in a system and that is backed up by 27 TDS and 2 ints season. Only Qb right now that can do that for a season is Brees and Rodgers 

you're proving my point

5 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Ok people need to stop acting like Foles is at the same level as brees and other top QBs. Hes a system QB. This is the same Foles that was trash in his first stint with the eagles and trash with the rams, but we tend to forget that.

No one is saying that.    But it is obvious that Foles can thrive with this Eagles team.  

2 minutes ago, Myles said:

No one is saying that.    But it is obvious that Foles can thrive with this Eagles team.  

But again, that is my point. Their supposed to be a top 5 defense and they let themselves get beat by a system QB

@Myles

Not sure where the confusion is. All im saying is Foles flourishes in this offense yes, but to put up 30+ on a defense that is supposed to be one of the top in the league. Imo that says more about the defense then the eagles offense

9 minutes ago, CR91 said:

@Myles

Not sure where the confusion is. All im saying is Foles flourishes in this offense yes, but to put up 30+ on a defense that is supposed to be one of the top in the league. Imo that says more about the defense then the eagles offense

I understand that, but 1 game is just that....1 game.   Colts got shutout by the Jags.   I don't think that means the Colts offense sucks.   I just don't think the team was up for the game.  

2 minutes ago, Myles said:

I understand that, but 1 game is just that....1 game.   Colts got shutout by the Jags.   I don't think that means the Colts offense sucks.   I just don't think the team was up for the game.  

They also gave up 22 points to sam darnold. Honestly I think their defense is overrated.

2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

They also gave up 22 points to sam darnold. Honestly I think their defense is overrated.

They may be.   They also have the weapons to turn it on.   At home for a division crown seems to be the time when the defense will turn it on.

Just now, Myles said:

They may be.   They also have the weapons to turn it on.   At home for a division crown seems to be the time when the defense will turn it on.

We'll just have to wait and see

Can the Jaguars win? Yes. Will they win? That’s a different story. I don’t see the Texans losing at home with the division championship on the line

10 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Can the Jaguars win? Yes. Will they win? That’s a different story. I don’t see the Texans losing at home with the division championship on the line

They lost at home vs us when the division was on the line

2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

They lost at home vs us when the division was on the line

It gets to be different when it is the last chance.   Heck, the Colts lost to the Jags with the playoffs on the line.  I don't think they'll come out as lethargic against the Titans this Sunday though.

1 minute ago, Myles said:

It gets to be different when it is the last chance.   Heck, the Colts lost to the Jags with the playoffs on the line.  I don't think they'll come out as lethargic against the Titans this Sunday though.

The playoffs weren't really on the line. We were still buying for position. 

6 minutes ago, CR91 said:

The playoffs weren't really on the line. We were still buying for position. 

Same with the Texans though.  

At the time, the Colts needed that win against the Jags to stay in the playoff hunt.   Turns out it wasn't the case.  

I'm just saying that I think teams play up to their potential when it is do or die.   Or they at least do not play in a lethargic manner.  

2 hours ago, Smonroe said:

They went in to NO and except for two fumbles, a bonehead call, and the refs totally blowing several calls, barely lost to the team most people are favoring for the SB.  Think anyone is counting on those mistakes all happening again when they play them?

Oh, and that's with a 3rd string RB.

Yeah, anyone who doesn't think they're not scary isn't watching the same games we are.

Steelers are probably the second or third most talented team in the league (only NO and LAC can you argue have more outright talent). Problem is they take games off. Like Oakland, or week 1 vs Cleveland. That might cost em. And do the AFC a huge favour.