Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Welcome back Erik Swoope

ColtStrong2013

1 hour ago, Detectacon said:

That dude’s life is a roller coaster ride. 

yeah and walker is out again.  crazy life for these practice squad players, but they are well paid

i bet they will bring walker back if we make the playoffs, he knows too much about the team to let someone else pick him up 

18 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

yeah and walker is out again.  crazy life for these practice squad players, but they are well paid

i bet they will bring walker back if we make the playoffs, he knows too much about the team to let someone else pick him up 

How do we know Walker is out again?

48 minutes ago, krunk said:

He'll be on the regular roster by the end of the week.  Titans are a good team to attack with 3 different Tight Ends.  Ebron, Ali Cox, Swoope.

You're assuming he's healthy enough to play this week.  Wouldn't he have stayed in NO if that were the case?

I hope you're right, but I was thinking they got him back hoping he'd be healthy if they make a playoff run.

Practice Squad Eligibility: "Only players with two or fewer accrued seasons can sign to the practice squad, though they can’t stay on it for more than three seasons. A season is considered accrued when a player is on an active roster for at least six games."

So, I'm not sure how the Colts can even put him on the PS.  He was active for all of 2016 and for 7 games this season. 

24 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

You're assuming he's healthy enough to play this week.  Wouldn't he have stayed in NO if that were the case?

I hope you're right, but I was thinking they got him back hoping he'd be healthy if they make a playoff run.

I am making an assumption but I feel like Ballard wouldn't have brought him back if he wasn't close to ready to hit the field especially when we will likely be short of tight ends this week.   I could be wrong.

Just now, krunk said:

I am making an assumption but I feel like Ballard wouldn't have brought him back if he wasn't close to ready to hit the field.   I could be wrong.

I hope you're right.  There were rumors that he failed his physical in NO, but that could mean he was a week away from being healthy.

NO had Ginn coming back, so they needed the roster spot. So maybe they only needed Swoope for the one week.  All pure speculation.

Hopefully Ebron is healthy and Swoope is a luxury, not a necessity.

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

Practice Squad Eligibility: "Only players with two or fewer accrued seasons can sign to the practice squad, though they can’t stay on it for more than three seasons. A season is considered accrued when a player is on an active roster for at least six games."

So, I'm not sure how the Colts can even put him on the PS.  He was active for all of 2016 and for 7 games this season. 

"The NFL has tweaked its rules for practice squad eligibility in recent years. In 2014, the NFL and NFLPA agreed to a rule that expanded the practice squad roster limits from eight to 10 players. In addition, teams previously were allowed just two of the 10 practice squad spots to be filled by players who had two or more years of experience on an NFL roster. Now, that number has been increased to four players."

Per this link

https://www.sbnation.com/2016/9/3/12773904/nfl-practice-squad-players-roster-rules-eligibility-primer

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Detectacon said:

That dude’s life is a roller coaster ride. 

The life of the average NFL player is a roller coaster. The Andrew Luck/Peyton Manning long career in the same spot is the exception. 

I know a former player on a very personal level that was looking like a 1st round pick going into his sr year of college ball. Tore his acl right before the season, and was drafted late. Moved around on practice squad. Said if he could do it over he'd have played golf (hell of a golfer). Tough life in the NFL. Short span for many of them also.