Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Golden Tate to Colts?

Tate is likely on his way out of Philly after this season, so how would you feel about the Colts picking him up in FA? This would give the Colts two stud receivers, and would allow us to draft one in the middle rounds/develop Cain as our No. 3 wideout. Opinions? 

Potential Contract:

3 year/39 million 22 million guaranteed 

2 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Tate is likely on his way out of Philly after this season, so how would you feel about the Colts picking him up in FA? This would give the Colts two stud receivers, and would allow us to draft one in the middle rounds/develop Cain as our No. 3 wideout. Opinions? 

Potential Contract:

For a contract like that... pass.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Potential Contract:

The days of Golden Tate getting a contract like that from any team are over.

• Like 1

I would d

8 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Assuming Philadelphia doesnt resign him (and I dont know why they wouldn't)

Thats' $11 mil guaranteed a year for 2 years....uh, no

3 years....$25 mil.....$16 guaranteed

I’m probably a little high on the numbers, but Sammy Watkins/Allen Robinson both made $14-$16 mil a year, and Golden Tate has been a more consistent receiver. Don’t be surprised if he makes $12-$13 million a year being the top wideout on the market. 

30 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

I would d

I’m probably a little high on the numbers, but Sammy Watkins/Allen Robinson both made $14-$16 mil a year, and Golden Tate has been a more consistent receiver. Don’t be surprised if he makes $12-$13 million a year being the top wideout on the market. 

He may be the top wide out on the market in name only.

43 minutes ago, MPStack said:

I'd rather see the Colts sign Tyrell Williams from the Chargers.

He's got better size 6-4 than Tate and younger 26.

He had a 1000 yd season in 2016, somewhat underrated IMO.

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I plan to write about TW once our season is over and the focus is on free agency.

Nice find!

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, MPStack said:

The only receiver from the Chargers I would want is Keenan Allen. Now that you mentioned it, Allen is 26 too. 

4 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Don't think he will be a target.  His age doesn't pass the Ballard criteria.  I am expecting Kevin White to be the main target.

I’d be happy with Kevin White. He had the tools and talent to be the next AJ Green. Injuries ruined the start of his career but maybe he can have a resurgence here. And he’d be low risk in case he doesn’t work out 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

I’d be happy with Kevin White. He had the tools and talent to be the next AJ Green. Injuries ruined the start of his career but maybe he can have a resurgence here. And he’d be low risk in case he doesn’t work out 

Kevin White sounds like a Ballard signing.  We have already resurrected a busts career here.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, MPStack said:

Has the Nick Siriani link as well, as Siriani was his WR coach..... I could def. see this as a Ballard type target

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Shafty138 said:

Has the Nick Siriani link as well, as Siriani was his WR coach..... I could def. see this as a Ballard type target

Good call! I forgot Siriani was with the Chargers as WR Coach.

Yeah, I think T. Williams would be nice compliment to T.Y. without breaking the bank.

• Like 1

On 12/26/2018 at 5:59 PM, FirsTime said:

No to Golden Tate.

Maybe yes to Quincy Enunwa though. Eric Ebron with the Lions has very similar numbers to Quincy Enunwa now. If I had to pick a reciever CB would sign it'd be this one. With Luck this dude could be a stud. 

Enunwa just got re-signed, four years, $36m.

On 12/26/2018 at 6:54 PM, MPStack said:

Yeah, I think T. Williams would be nice compliment to T.Y. without breaking the bank.

He'd be my number one target at this point.

On 12/26/2018 at 10:34 AM, Luck 4 president said:

So does Donte Moncrief. I'm not expecting greatness from Kevin White. I'd be happy to sign him, but I wouldn't expect him to be a star contributor for us. I'd be thrilled if he becomes a serviceable #2.

On 12/26/2018 at 6:54 PM, MPStack said:

A prediction.....

Williams is going to get a big, BIG contract.

5 years and $10 mill-plus per year.

Most fans have no idea who Tyrell is.   But NFL people do.

So, at least 5/50,  and I think it’s going to be even more.    I want him.   And I hope we don’t get out-bid for him.