Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts fans, a prayer for the less fortunate


indyagent17

Recommended Posts

It's about 7 on Christmas Eve and every year the thought occurs to me. God has blessed  so very much and I offer a prayer to all those that are less fortunate, alone, hungry, in pain or any other type of distress.

 

Precious savior in your unlimited wisdom and Grace we pray for the people that need the help the most. Please find a way out for the desperate. Bringing families back together and help them find the provisions they need. Thank you Jesus

Link to post
Share on other sites

I recently met someone who wanted to fill my tank and I pay him a little bit. I only had the money for gas and declined his offer. He was trying to do what he could for money, I could tell and I respected that a lot. After filling my tank I had change left over (paid cash) and gave it to him.

 

$5. And the feeling is worth far more than that! Just a little story I thought I’d share. We all have a job to make the world a little bit better a place to live in :) Merry Christmas everyone

Link to post
Share on other sites

Amen. Even in our moments of pain and failure I always like to be thankful that I am alive and still capable of failing.  When summing things up I think about a chore I hated which was doing dishes. If I died and there was nothing (not saying that’s what happens I don’t know lol, just saying if that’s what it was ) that if someone offered you the chance to do the dishes you would jump at it because it’s better than not existing at all; at least in my opinion.

 

  Lol so to summarize my admitted weird metaphore, I’m basically saying even if you are at a place in life that sucks and you aren’t happy there are still things to be thankful for. However to those in hard times I will definately sAy a prayer so that they may get through whatever they are struggling with so that they keep on trucking because every day alive on this earth is a chance to improve things and make things better. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Amen. I have been on the less fortunate side , and this time of year is especially rough. Every day that I wake up I am thankful for everything that I have, my family, my health, my friends, and for the opportunity that I’ve been given to help others in need.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ColtsBlitz said:

I recently met someone who wanted to fill my tank and I pay him a little bit. I only had the money for gas and declined his offer. He was trying to do what he could for money, I could tell and I respected that a lot. After filling my tank I had change left over (paid cash) and gave it to him.

 

$5. And the feeling is worth far more than that! Just a little story I thought I’d share. We all have a job to make the world a little bit better a place to live in :) Merry Christmas everyone

 

I had a similar experience in line at the grocery store years ago.

 

There was a mother with her kids in front of me buying groceries and she didn't have enough money to buy everything.  It wasn't much, just the basics, and she was trying to decide what to put back.

 

I paid for what she couldn't afford, maybe $7-$8, but the reaction from her still warms my heart to this day.  And the kind words from the cashier after she left and I purchased my stuff made me feel like a good person.  Helping others really is the best feeling in the world.

 

:grouphug:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Amen brother. Love one another, it's that easy and simple but yet very hard to do. Broken man, life lived in sin, broken marriage on the verge of divorce. God restored it all. I am so thankful for my relationship with Jesus. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a fantastic thread!

 

Last weekend, two colleagues and I volunteered to deliver gifts to two families with children who may have celebrated the holiday without gifts. It was wonderful to see the smiles on the faces of these children. The only thing I regretted was not having gifts for their parents. 

 

I hope to do this every year.  Maybe next year I will sponsor a family.

 

Happy Holidays to all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

What a fantastic thread!

 

Last weekend, two colleagues and I volunteered to deliver gifts to two families with children who may have celebrated the holiday without gifts. It was wonderful to see the smiles on the faces of these children. The only thing I regretted was not having gifts for their parents. 

 

I hope to do this every year.  Maybe next year I will sponsor a family.

 

Happy Holidays to all.

You did give them a gift though, the smiles that you put on thier kids faces, IMO, would be the best gift you could have given them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

This is a fantastic thread!

 

Last weekend, two colleagues and I volunteered to deliver gifts to two families with children who may have celebrated the holiday without gifts. It was wonderful to see the smiles on the faces of these children. The only thing I regretted was not having gifts for their parents. 

 

I hope to do this every year.  Maybe next year I will sponsor a family.

 

Happy Holidays to all.

Thats awesome

 

Keep it up.

 

You are making a difference in someones life

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Fully agree with the sentiment of this post, my wife volunteers at our local foodbank in Scotland, and whatever anyone thinks of the reasons why people are in difficulties, I really think it is the responsibility of those who can to help those who can't.

This can manifest itself in so many ways - from giving time, expertise, cash or whatever.

I have been truly blessed this year which includes my trip in October, but I hope to never forget this and do what I can to help others, and it is great to see this in Indy as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...