Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

No matter what happens Sunday night...

RockThatBlue

I for one am optimistic about our future, now that we are looking like we are turning this around. If we continue to build on the excellent choices our staff have made so far,

then it seems we can go back to the success that we enjoyed through the Manning era!

I know we did not have the number of rings that Irsay would have liked to have had, but 

Regardless of that, Very few teams stopped New England in their prime run through that period.  So it wasn't just us. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RockThatBlue said:

This has been an incredible season. The fact that we have a chance at 10 wins and a playoff game is amazing after starting 1-5. 

I really think we have something special with Ballard and Reich leading this team. Can't wait to see what else the future brings.

Agreed.  I don’t know if it’s partly because last season was so brutal but it feels like one of my favorite seasons since becoming a fan around 1990/91

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

Agreed.  I don’t know if it’s partly because last season was so brutal but it feels like one of my favorite seasons since becoming a fan around 1990/91

That '95 season is probably my favorite. (The playoff run is hard to top and i was in Pittsburgh for the AFC championship game.)

After 2006 of course.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just incase no one else knows, I have been a Colts fan since  the late 50's !

So sue me, I have been a loyal fan of the Horse shoe  for ever! since before Indy days , sorry guys

I have followed their story since the Baltimore era.  Before you judge me Put your place in a old man's history of our history as a Colt fan.  There might come a time when you might go through the same  problems , I had to go through as a fan before you die. So just remember, If you truly 

want to keep the tradition  alive, just remember no matter what  owners, or Cities  that you play in . A true Colts Fan transit any of this in the end.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

That '95 season is probably my favorite. (The playoff run is hard to top and i was in Pittsburgh for the AFC championship game.)

After 2006 of course.

Same.   I have rewatched that afc championship so many times and yearly after for a while.  Haven’t in a bit.  But every time I still think he caught the Hail Mary.  I’m still * at the no call on slash out of bounds. 

On a a side note I just got an early Christmas present and it’s a 2006 championship banner.  Love it!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, horseshoecrabs said:

Really? do you think that we are the best roster in the NFL , this year? Hey I love the under dog. But to think that we could win it all this year is , to put it mildly, A Stretch, to say the least.  

Not saying the Colts are gonna win the super bowl (heck, they might not even make the playoffs), but the Champion isn't always the best or most talented team. Sometimes it's just whoever gets hot at the right time. And right now, who's hotter than the Indianapolis Colts right now?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, horseshoecrabs said:

Really? do you think that we are the best roster in the NFL , this year? Hey I love the under dog. But to think that we could win it all this year is , to put it mildly, A Stretch, to say the least.  

I really am impatient, but no, I do not believe the Colts have the best roster.  Yes, it would be a very large stretch, but hey, you never know.  

• Like 2

9-7 - 11-5 was my prediction. Id say this year has been a huge success. New coaching staff, Luck back, a team full of rookies and first year players. Defense is now a positive point on our team rather than a sore spot. Im very happy with the team thus far. Making the playoffs would be icing on the cake.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, horseshoecrabs said:

No but we are capable  of beating  anybody

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, horseshoecrabs said:

If the Colts make the playoffs they could very well win it all. Could. If they come in and beat their first opponent at a level similar to the Dallas game they could win it all. Once the playoffs starts it's a whole new season and it's anyone's game. It was a stretch to think the Colts were going to the SB in 06 as well but they did. Most Superbowl winners arent predicted to win it all. So if you make it into the playoffs it's anyone's game.

It was a stretch to say the Colts would win more than 8 games. But we have.

Wild card teams are just that. A wild card. I would love every opponent we face in the playoffs to think that it's a stretch that we win any games at that level. So we can punch them in the face like we did vs the cowboys. Colts play best as underdogs.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

If the Colts make the playoffs they could very well win it all. Could. Of they come in got and beat their first opponent at a level similar to the Dallas game they could win it all. Once the playoffs starts it's a whole new season and it's anyone's game. It was a stretch to think the Colts were going to the SB in 06 as well but they did. Most Superbowl winners arent predicted to win it all. So if you make it into the playoffs it's anyone's game.

It was a stretch to say the Colts would win more than 8 games. But we have.

Exactly, all they need to do is get in. Football in January/February is crazy and it's all about who shows up. 

44 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Not saying the Colts are gonna win the super bowl (heck, they might not even make the playoffs), but the Champion isn't always the best or most talented team. Sometimes it's just whoever gets hot at the right time. And right now, who's hotter than the Indianapolis Colts right now?

Love your enthusiasm! really., but let's just get in the play offs  first. 

3 minutes ago, TDewar1987 said:

Exactly, all they need to do is get in. Football in January/February is crazy and it's all about who shows up. 

That's what makes getting into the playoffs so exciting for every team. Once bounce of the football. One mistake by the other team and you're onto the next round.

1 hour ago, Fluke_33 said:

Same.   I have rewatched that afc championship so many times and yearly after for a while.  Haven’t in a bit.  But every time I still think he caught the Hail Mary.  I’m still * at the no call on slash out of bounds. 

On a a side note I just got an early Christmas present and it’s a 2006 championship banner.  Love it!

Irsay's not gonna be happy when he notices it's gone.

The AFC now, compared to before, is a lot different. There used to be 2 or 3 top teams that would fight for the SB every year. Now it's 6-8 solid teams that are close to equal that could all make it, with a couple that will ultimately miss the playoffs. We are in that range in the AFC, and if we play well, there's really no team that should have a dominant advantage over us. 

We have Luck, an elite O-Line, and a solid defense. That puts us in contention to make the SB IMO.

15 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

After 2006 of course.

That '95 season is when I became a fan, also when I first really started watching football. Prior to that season most of Indiana was Bears fans, with Bengal fans sprinkled in on the east side.

It's been very successful. Especially after the 1-5 start. An amazing first year for a new coaching staff and such a young team. This game is going to be an ugly dogfight but I think we can walk out with the win. If we give it our all and come up short I'm still going to be happy for the year and extremely impatient for next lol.

53 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

The reason the rebuild is successful so far is because we haven't used the phrase, "Build the Monster".

I think he actually handed these shirts out to the team.

liked the man, didn't like the shirt...........

Yeah they need to cross the T off for those to be representative of those years. 

The question is

Will the Colts team bring the Cowboys, Redskins, and Titans game "team A" or do they bring the 2nd Jax game 'team B'?

If its team A.....  This team, could win it all.....  THIS YEAR

If its team B......  This team will be one and done.... this year

No one wants to play us...... THIS YEAR

Lets take care of business this week....

I'm not looking for, or thinking about a concession speech......... we are in it to win it 

Its an awesome, higher than expectation year (Much higher) .........

Much to look forward to this week, and to the future of the squad

• Like 1

On 12/24/2018 at 4:27 PM, Fluke_33 said:

Quentin Coryatt (loved his game) dropping the pick 6 right before the bomb to the goaline.....that play still haunts me moreso than Slash running out the back of the end zone before catching the TD or the hail mary......

• Like 1

I have been a Colts fan since 1984. My 5 favorite seasons have been:

1. 2006 - We won the SB, won at Baltimore and beat the Patriots during that Playoff run.

2. 1995 - Harbaugh magic, 1 play away from the SB. The Playoff win at KC in the Divisional Round was priceless.

3. 2012 - Everyone in the media had us winning between 2-4 games. Luck led us to an 11-5 season + a Playoff berth and many memorable comebacks. 

4. 2004 - Peyton threw for 49 TD's on our way to a 12-4 season. That Offense was so fun to watch.

5. 1987 - Dickerson put us on the map here in Indy and we won the AFC East going 9-6.

-To the topic, this 2018 season ranks with those in my eyes. We are 9-6 and a chance to make the Playoffs on the final day. Even if we lose Sunday it still ranks with those because almost everyone in the media said we were trash and would only win 2-4 games like in 2012. Alot even said Luck was done. What a fun season this has been regardless of what happens Sunday. 

• Like 1

This season has been wonderful even with all its ups and downs, for the simple fact it has included hope. Even with the hiccups and the bumps in the road there has still been plenty of cause for hope. Hope is something that was in a short supply those last seasons under Grigson and Pagano. 

This season has been a ride because of the Luck situation. All the talk that he was done, that he’d never be the same, that he was never good to begin with... All of that doubt... silenced. He’s come back better than ever. However that is possible. 

Beyond that was all the talk was about how talent deprived this team is. And I’m still not sure that talk is unjustified. This team still has its flaws. But they cover those flaws with heart. With effort. 

This season has been a lot like 2008. Manning hurt. Starting 3-4. Going into that bye week with major uncertainty. 12 win seasons were the expectation back then. Like clockwork. And it looked like that was all over. And then we reeled off 9 straight to finish 12-4. 

This season has been a little more special than that, though. That team was more talented than this one. Everyone came into the season expecting that team to be 12-4+. This team was expected to finish under .500. 

You want the perfect script for the end of this season? This team needs to play New England again. Needs to. Win, lose, or draw this team needs to play New England in the playoffs. Losing to New Englad is gonna light a fire under everyone’s butt for 2019. It’s gonna provide a chip on the shoulder of this team next season that will help propel us. 

But if we go out there and win on Wild Card Weekend I think it would be enough to blow the whole thing up. I think the problems rumored to be going on out there are real, and I think a loss to us in a Wild Card game would be enough to blow the whole thing up. How sweet would that be? 

It’s been a fun ride for sure. And we have a ticket to hope now. Finally. After a long time, we have a ticket to hope. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

This season has been wonderful even with all its ups and downs, for the simple fact it has included hope. Even with the hiccups and the bumps in the road there has still been plenty of cause for hope. Hope is something that was in a short supply those last seasons under Grigson and Pagano. 

This season has been a ride because of the Luck situation. All the talk that he was done, that he’d never be the same, that he was never good to begin with... All of that doubt... silenced. He’s come back better than ever. However that is possible. 

Beyond that was all the talk was about how talent deprived this team is. And I’m still not sure that talk is unjustified. This team still has its flaws. But they cover those flaws with heart. With effort. 

This season has been a lot like 2008. Manning hurt. Starting 3-4. Going into that bye week with major uncertainty. 12 win seasons were the expectation back then. Like clockwork. And it looked like that was all over. And then we reeled off 9 straight to finish 12-4. 

This season has been a little more special than that, though. That team was more talented than this one. Everyone came into the season expecting that team to be 12-4+. This team was expected to finish under .500. 

You want the perfect script for the end of this season? This team needs to play New England again. Needs to. Win, lose, or draw this team needs to play New England in the playoffs. Losing to New Englad is gonna light a fire under everyone’s butt for 2019. It’s gonna provide a chip on the shoulder of this team next season that will help propel us. 

But if we go out there and win on Wild Card Weekend I think it would be enough to blow the whole thing up. I think the problems rumored to be going on out there are real, and I think a loss to us in a Wild Card game would be enough to blow the whole thing up. How sweet would that be? 

It’s been a fun ride for sure. And we have a ticket to hope now. Finally. After a long time, we have a ticket to hope. 

Big time facts. Always thought if any team was able to give the last big punch to the New England dynasty, it's the Indianapolis Colts. Almost like a rite of passage. Like you said, it would instill so much confidence for everyone involved here. We've battled with them these past two decades, been their whipping boy under the Pagano era, and even though some Pats fans may think the rivalry no longer exists, the majority still share that hatred for us.

Everything would come full circle from this past offseason if we end up facing New England come playoff time. Just like you said....the perfect season finale. (Although a Lombardi wouldn't be too bad either)