Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Feels Like The Colts Won't Be Indys Team, Indianas Team Ever Again.

It feels like everyone is gone from the team. All our favorite plays except Mathis and bethea. Everyone I grew up watching that was here is gone. There's a lot missing from the heart you know?...

We haven't been appreciative of this team like it deserved. We haven't really appreciated Peyton until now... I regret that.

OUR team is gone... Starting this new era will be kind of hard. Not knowing who the players are or what this team is going to be like. But the way I see it is once we get to know players and coaches, and the more we see how our team he forming. I can appreciate this team like it deserves. Because I watched the greatest of all times slip through the colts fingers. I can now appreciate MY team like it deserves.

GO COLTS!! I love you Peyton and I love the colts.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the people of Indiana, and colts fans everywhere will be willing to forgive him, as long as he stays in Indiana, and Grigson makes the right moves during his tenure here. If he moves from here, people are going to start a witch hunt, and verbal destroy him whenever & wherever his name is mentioned. How do i know? Because ill start one....

It feels like everyone is gone from the team. All our favorite plays except Mathis and bethea. Everyone I grew up watching that was here is gone. There's a lot missing from the heart you know?...

We haven't been appreciative of this team like it deserved. We haven't really appreciated Peyton until now... I regret that.

OUR team is gone... Starting this new era will be kind of hard. Not knowing who the players are or what this team is going to be like. But the way I see it is once we get to know players and coaches, and the more we see how our team he forming. I can appreciate this team like it deserves. Because I watched the greatest of all times slip through the colts fingers. I can now appreciate MY team like it deserves.

Well, look on the brightside, the Pacers are relevant once again. Can't have it all.

Teams go through these things all the time. The Pats got rid of Vrabel and Seymour and lost guys like Rodney Harrison and Bruschi as well. It's just a part of the game. The Colts will still be Indy's team, it'll just be with a new cast

No, that's moving older players or bigger contracts but making sure their core is there. The Pats do it the right way, they don't tear down the house and rebuild it. They just remodel rooms as needed.

This is a purge. This is starting from scratch. Irsay is all in on Luck and that gamble better pay off sooner rather than later or the OP of this thread is going to be prophetic.

Lol.....this has been a drama filled week for the fanbase. I don't know how many times I have heard "I won't go to another game ever again"......seriously? Then you weren't a Colts fan anyway. And by the way, this is in no way directed at the Thread Starter. It's unfortunate; I haven't been able to listen to Grady & Joe, Dakich, and JMV this week. I have actually had to turn music on due to the lunacy and ignorance of the people calling in. I understand that some fans don't have time to follow the team as closely as others, but caller after caller of the same misinformed nature is just brutal.

Teams go through these things all the time. The Pats got rid of Vrabel and Seymour and lost guys like Rodney Harrison and Bruschi as well. It's just a part of the game. The Colts will still be Indy's team, it'll just be with a new cast

With respect, I can't remember any team going through this fundamental a clear out. I've used the words scorched earth to describe it. They are very apt in my opinion.

Since the end of the season, we have lost the entire front office, the entire coaching staff and since Peyton's dismissal we are seeing the 'name' players being dropped one by one. Who will be left? Mathis? This isn't a team losing a few key players. This is a team throwing away *everything* it was.

I just wonder what all the people who didn't believe Irsay when he said we are rebuilding (they used their own terms revamping, retooling, remodeling, etc) are thinking now. I chose to believe him when he said we are rebuilding. The ax will keep dropping before it's all said and done. Going to be a very interesting season, I'm looking forward to the future. GO COLTS!!!!!

I just wonder what all the people who didn't believe Irsay when he said we are rebuilding (they used their own terms revamping, retooling, remodeling, etc) are thinking now. I chose to believe him when he said we are rebuilding. The ax will keep dropping before it's all said and done. Going to be a very interesting season, I'm looking forward to the future. GO COLTS!!!!!

Yes, I kept telling them they needed to tear down the old structure right down to the foundation, in order to build a new one that would consistently get us to the championship. Yes, it is painful emotionally. However, pain is just temporary. It is much better this way than to slowly bleed to death.

Go Colts!

This exactly. Why all the negativity Colts fans? Ditching your team because of a rebuilding? It's the Colts, not the Peytons/Clarks/Bracketts. The players we have cut have been repeatedly injured and are all out of their prime. Why keep them and limit our cap even more? If we are rebuilding, that means we start fresh, with a new foundation. Look forward to the future, just don't expect too much right away, be patient. Go :coltslogo: !

Yes, I kept telling them they needed to tear down the old structure right down to the foundation, in order to build a new one that would consistently get us to the championship. Yes, it is painful emotionally. However, pain is just temporary. It is much better this way than to slowly bleed to death.

Go Colts!

Yeah, I was telling a friend on fb the other day that you can't rebuild if you keep all the same pieces. I'm just glad I was able to go to training camp every day this last year and got some autographs from some now former Colts.

Yeah, I was telling a friend on fb the other day that you can't rebuild if you keep all the same pieces. I'm just glad I was able to go to training camp every day this last year and got some autographs from some now former Colts.

And you should go to TC this year to get more autographs of the up and coming new Colts.

And you should go to TC this year to get more autographs of the up and coming new Colts.

I would love to because it was a great time and got to meet a lot of really good Colts fans, I don't think I'm going to be able to take the time off of work this year to do it. Hopefully something will work out and I can do it again, lotto here I come!

I really thought emotion would play a larger role and we would do a mixture of past and future. That being said, Irsay and the new regime are all in on the future and if the future is the choice this is the absolute best way to do it. It's a very sad yet promising time in Coltsland, and I'm on board even if Grigson, Pagano, and Luck must be the real deal or we are back to the 80s and 90s. Roll those dice and enjoy! Go Horse!

With respect, I can't remember any team going through this fundamental a clear out. I've used the words scorched earth to describe it. They are very apt in my opinion.

Since the end of the season, we have lost the entire front office, the entire coaching staff and since Peyton's dismissal we are seeing the 'name' players being dropped one by one. Who will be left? Mathis? This isn't a team losing a few key players. This is a team throwing away *everything* it was.

Indeed. It is called- realizing what you had, and where you want to go now. Franchise remake... with y\oungsters- take #1.

Yeah, I know. It's pathetic. We will probably go 2-14 next season without all these 'greats'......I'm off to support the Browns......

All I know is I'm ready to see some real smash mouth football, we don't have to see a horrible defensive scheme put the colts down 20 points and hope manning can play both defense and offense. Right now the colts have a chance to be one of the very few balanced teams in the NFL if they play their cards right meaning FAs, good early round draft picks and possible trades.

Let's just all hope Luck isn't a bust or else I feel very sorry for Jim irsay when it comes to talking to very emotional fans

It is tough, but in the end doesn't every team start a new era?

This is the end result to what was a bad situation financially. Polian had paid 1/4 of his players 3/4 of the salary. When the top tier started getting hurt, the weaknesses of the rest of the roster become horribly apparent. With the stars getting injured more, and older to boot, you couldn't keep going like this, especially without Peyton. Once he left, there was no reason to keep the old guard around.

Sad day indeed. But for us older fans, if we lived through a 1-15 Jeff George-led season, we can survive this! :D

So long Colts, I'll follow Peyton. Irsay stabbed him in the back. Peyton was right on spot when he said things were changing. The new regime snuck in like the old one snuck out of Baltimore. Peyton has forgot more football than they will ever know and that is what frightened them.

This very Franchise did this exact same thing in 1972.

So long Colts, I'll follow Peyton. Irsay stabbed him in the back. Peyton was right on spot when he said things were changing. The new regime snuck in like the old one snuck out of Baltimore. Peyton has forgot more football than they will ever know and that is what frightened them.

You registered on the forum just to tell us you're leaving?

Every team goes thru a rebuilding phase.....the Colts just did all of theirs in a week instead of over the course of a couple of seasons.

These cuts are harder since guys like Manning, Clark, Freeney and Addai were guys drafted and developed by the Colts and helped lead them to the Super Bowl.

This team will likely find themselves with 2 years of great draft picks and a whole lot of money to spend next offseason.

If the draft and spend well.....they can be very good again in a couple of seasons.

I noticed that too....too funny.

I know right?

"I'm so angry I have to register on a football forum to tell people I've never interacted with that I'm leaving! That will show them!"

I'm assuming he's probably really a Raven's fan looking to stir up trouble. The whole "snuck out of baltimore" is a dead giveaway he's wearing purple camo as we speak.

All I know is I'm ready to see some real smash mouth football, we don't have to see a horrible defensive scheme put the colts down 20 points and hope manning can play both defense and offense. Right now the colts have a chance to be one of the very few balanced teams in the NFL if they play their cards right meaning FAs, good early round draft picks and possible trades.

Let's just all hope Luck isn't a bust or else I feel very sorry for Jim irsay when it comes to talking to very emotional fans

Dang right. With the loss of PM, aging & injured stars, it is time to abandon the old midget ball and get back to tough, hard nosed football. This is the time to do just that. With careful drafting and FA shopping, we can be respectable this coming season. I suspect the defense will come together before the offense is polished. Probably need to make sure the o-line is in place to protect our new QB. This team did wonderful things, and the last 2 or 3 years (not including the recent disaster season) were somewhat miraculous. As I heard on J Johnny's show yesterday, this team was well beyond it's expiration date.

I haven't heard any mention of Vinitieri's status. He's another high paid player on the downswing.

The thing that bothers me is that while change happens, this came sudden and with a bang. They got rid of everyone. At least Marvin was here when Manning came. Im sure that helped Manning. We have no offensive weapons at all. I never liked Polians schemes and I think he wasted the GOAT player on them. I like where we are going now just think they should have kept some veterans to help teach new guys. Im here in AZ waiting to see if Manning is coming here. While im always a Colts fan first even though I dont like Irsay because hes a huge LIB, I love Manning and would love to see him win another SB and I will go watch him play. Cant wait.

The Colts will always be our team, like Bogie said "we'll always have Paris" but it will be changed.

Peyton Manning is unique, there has never been one like him and doubtful there ever will be again because he took an average team and made it great. Andrew Luck has the potential to be good, possibly even great if "the experts" are to be believed.

Whatever it is that "the experts" saw in Manning, I hope Luck has some of because it's gonna be tough for a few years and Indianapolis needs to find a new focal point to help move on from the greatness of the past decade.

LIke Keanu Reeves said in "The Replacements"

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever."

It's painful now, the wounds will heal, but we'll always remember the glory.

You don't have to tear down a franchise to rebuild it. I haven't seen the Patriots tear anything down nor have I saw Pittsburg or Green Bay. They simply transition. They don't gut their team and leave their franchise and fans floundering and tell them don't worry...in a couple years we will be good again....that sounds like an EXCUSE. There is an easy way and a hard way. The hard way is to keep your franchise relevent...winning while you reload. The easy way is to just blow it all up and not worry about what your fans and supporters think. Give them some vague promises to hold on hope to. Sounds a lot like some other franchises that I see in the top 10 of the draft year in and year out. Could we have moved Freeney and restructured some people or cut them to free up cap space. Yep. Could we have kept Manning and drafted Luck..yep. Could we have gone another route with a different young qb and traded those picks. Sure. We could have freed up 20 million just by trading Freeney because we already had 6 million. That would have allowed us to sign Saturday, our picks, and either Garcon and Wayne or some other FA. Drafted a replacement for Peyton and d-line or WR. This isn't how it had to happen...but it is how it happened. I will hold the team accountable. Until they field playoff quality teams they have to prove to me they did the right thing because we could have been back with the team we had with some retooling the way the other elite franchises have. All we did was show that our top brass doesn't do things the way that the elite most admired franchises do things. That just tells me of the quality leading the organization. We don't have the skills to do it the hard way...lets take the easy way out. The only one to suffer will be our fans and loyal captains of the team who have led us the last dozen years.

It's ok to be disappointed. If one really feels that offended and hurt, then go. We wish you the best. Just please do us all a favor and dont stay around and keep telling us how disappointed you are. We are not to blame.

Please stick around and keep spouting things from your high horse as well (maybe you should change your name to high horse), it is fun reading those too, it seems like that is all you do. :thmdown:

The same can be said about you. If you dont want to hear opinions that you dont appreciate, the forum would not be the slightest disappointed if you left too.

I look at it like there should be a venting period for fans, a lot of whom speak from their heart than their mind, I totally understand that. I hear them and am able to move past it, whether I agree with everything they say or not, does not seem to be the case with you.

Anyone have a spouse or girlfriend that just wants to vent to you, but you make the situation worse by trying to tell them what to do and solve the problem and how to deal with it, RATHER THAN JUST LETTING THEM VENT. Think of these situations like that. Just let them vent. It could be a week before the venting goes down even a tad bit.