Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nice game Chester


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

 

He’s a solid #3 WR, and decent PR.

 

The problem is we have about five #3 WRs.  

 

Good post.....    and from my perspective,  some of those number 3 WRs are more like 4’s...     at least for my money....

 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve given a lot of grief on here towards  Rogers over the season but I’ll give him his credit here for this game. Without his play today, we may not have won the game. Kudos to him. Now, keep it up!!

 

id still like to see Inman more involved, he has excellent hands. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, waka waka said:

Rogers made some good plays today. We still need more out of the all of the skill players though. Are the Colts #1 in drops this year?

 

Pretty close....   I thought I read last week we are second or third in  drops league wide....    not a stat where you want to be among the league leaders...  

 

Yikes....        :peek:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

Pretty close....   I thought I read last week we are second or third in  drops league wide....    not a stat where you want to be among the league leaders...  

 

Yikes....        :peek:

Yeah not a good state to be associated with. I think it's been cleaned up a lot more of the past 8 games but sheesh they are drive killers. For a good portion of the game, it did seem like the team was in a Fog. Would have loved to be a fly on the wall during Luck's halftime speech.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Rogers skillset as a slot receiver and a Punt Returner - as a 4th wideout on the depth chart. 

 

I would prefer a 3 wideout set with 2 bigger bodies and Hilton moving around based on matchups!

 

Ahhhhhh one can dream about next year with the draft and free agency....

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

Good post.....    and from my perspective,  some of those number 3 WRs are more like 4’s...     at least for my money....

 

Exactly this. Ideally, I'd like someone like Cain or a day 2 draft pick to show that they can be our #2. I really think we should keep Inman and he'd be a top tier #3. Rogers/Pascal/Fountain(assuming he progresses)/other could fight for #4/5. Receiving corps would feel a lot more solid, IMO.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, waka waka said:

Yeah not a good state to be associated with. I think it's been cleaned up a lot more of the past 8 games but sheesh they are drive killers. For a good portion of the game, it did seem like the team was in a Fog. Would have loved to be a fly on the wall during Luck's halftime speech.

Luck’s halftime speech?

 

Or did you mean Reich’s?

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, CheezyColt said:

Exactly this. Ideally, I'd like someone like Cain or a day 2 draft pick to show that they can be our #2. I really think we should keep Inman and he'd be a top tier #3. Rogers/Pascal/Fountain(assuming he progresses)/other could fight for #4/5. Receiving corps would feel a lot more solid, IMO.

I think this is Ballards goal.  He'll also add more in offseason for his "competition."  I have a gut feeling he might try to improve #2 spot in draft if things fall right.  Maybe with that #2 even.i would like to see a guy that makes a D nervous.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

Rogers, Pascal, Inman, all are solid football players. They’d be great as your 3-4-5, but not one is a feasible 2. Hope they stick around AND the colts find a solid 2nd option to compliment TY.

 

I’ve all but lost faith in Grant.

 

Agree. Inman has been solid since he came in mid-season. Rodgers and Pascal for the last several games have improved in just catching the * ball.

 

The Colts are one #2 away from having a very solid WR corps.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I couldn't tell you the difference between a No 2 and a No. 3 NFL receiver:thinking:

its about production.  rodgers has 450 yards this year, a good #2 could have 700+  

 

he had a good game though, i dont want to take away from that

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Luck’s halftime speech?

 

Or did you mean Reich’s?

Luck gave a halftime speech to the whole team.  Kept them until 30 seconds (or nearly) before they had to be back on the field.   The Indy Star has an article on it. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, egg said:

 

Agree. Inman has been solid since he came in mid-season. Rodgers and Pascal for the last several games have improved in just catching the * ball.

 

The Colts are one #2 away from having a very solid WR corps.

OK I know I sounding like a broken record BUT why is Grant still on this roster. WE could being  developing a young Tall receiver who could be getting some very important experience. I have posted this for 4-5 weeks now Grants production does not justify his roster spot. To make matters worse we started him against the Giants. This coaching staff has made many awesome decisions, but Grant is not one of them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, onebad150 said:

OK I know I sounding like a broken record BUT why is Grant still on this roster. WE could being  developing a young Tall receiver who could be getting some very important experience. I have posted this for 4-5 weeks now Grants production does not justify his roster spot. To make matters worse we started him against the Giants. This coaching staff has made many awesome decisions, but Grant is not one of them.

 

I noticed the stat sheet  from yesterday says that Grant played less than half the snaps, which is down quite a bit from what he had been getting.

 

It looks like maybe they are  transitioning away from Grant now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, waka waka said:

Rogers made some good plays today. We still need more out of the all of the skill players though. Are the Colts #1 in drops this year?

 

let me ask you something. Do you really care if we are #1 in drops this year?

See, i think it is Meaningless.
 We have young players, a QB getting back into it with a new throwing motion, in a new offense. It took us awhile to get our o-line personnel back in AC's case, and Glow & Smith into the lineup.

 We started being unable to run the ball giving defenses an advantage.

   No, it is more important that our pass blocking got better so our QB had more time to choose receivers, a running game to make play action, and our QB to become accurate at all levels of the passing game.

 Those things are developing, and Reich says we are just getting started, so i ask you, isn't it more important how we compare based on the last half of the season ONLY?  And we can look again after the 1st half of next season after another off season improving, getting better at route running, reading defenses and playing the game. We are doing great at getting better IMO.
 Get me those numbers if you can.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, throwing BBZ said:

Do you really care if we are #1 in drops this year?

 

It's a scary thing to have in the back of your mind when you're thinking about a SB run.

 

As good as Ebron has been, he's had some bad drops.  Rogers, Grant, Mack and Hines have all had drive-killing drops this year.  It doesn't seem as bad now when it's way back in the rearview at the beginning of the season, but if it happens going forward...  :hairout:

 

Being #1 in drops will have people holding their breath when Luck throws to anyone but TY in crucial situations from now on.  :fear:

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

 

It's a scary thing to have in the back of your mind when you're thinking about a SB run.

 

As good as Ebron has been, he's had some bad drops.  Rogers, Grant, Mack and Hines have all had drive-killing drops this year.  It doesn't seem as bad now when it's way back in the rearview at the beginning of the season, but if it happens going forward...  :hairout:

 

Being #1 in drops will have people holding their breath when Luck throws to anyone but TY in crucial situations from now on.  :fear:

 

Rogers, Pascal, Hines and Inman have been showing very good hands for plenty of time to quit worrying about it being a problem. I sure enjoyed ALL of the crucial catches they made yesterday. Did they drop one?

 I do believe Ebron has Earned the fewer targets he has been getting.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

I sure enjoyed ALL of the crucial catches they made yesterday.

 

I did too, and we need that in every game for the rest of the season.

 

This is playoff football, and there is no margin for error.

 

But it's hard to get "#1 in drops" out of the back of your mind when Luck doesn't have Doyle and TY isn't 100%.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

Rogers, Pascal, Inman, all are solid football players. They’d be great as your 3-4-5, but not one is a feasible 2. Hope they stick around AND the colts find a solid 2nd option to compliment TY.

 

I’ve all but lost faith in Grant.

It will be an interesting offseason in regards to the WR and KR position

 

We will have Cain coming back, and its clear to me that Rogers is a keeper, based on his play,  obviously Hilton is a top talent

 

Inman seems to catch almost everything

 

Pascal has been inconsistent, but improving

 

I would LOVE for Andrew to have an additional WR that can win the 50/50 balls.

 

If we lined up a WR crew of

 

Hilton

Cain (I liked what I saw in preseason)

Hakeem Butler (6'6" WR, with an enormous wingspan) has to be a 4.4 ish forty)

Inman

with Rogers as KR 5th WR

 

That would be an amazing lineup

 

it would improve our running attack as well, as the other team now has 2 WR threats to take it to the house..........  

 

I think that Pascal and Grant would be the odd man out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, aaron11 said:

its about production.  rodgers has 450 yards this year, a good #2 could have 700+  

 

he had a good game though, i dont want to take away from that

So a '3' and be a '2' if you throw to him more?

..and you throw to him more if the '1' is out and the '2' becomes the one?

 

Is Davontae Adams of GB a '1' or a '2'?

Was he as '1' when Jordy Nelson was there?

 

 

See what I'm saying? Its very arbitrary .

Fans think in terms of '2s' and '3s'..

Its not reality for the actual players

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • We shall see. I think if he does anything close to what Lewis did last year he will stick. Lewis wasnt incredible but he did show the tools they thought he had when they drafted him. We need that same thing from Banogou this year or its probably curtains.
    • And as announcers have said, at home we swept, Mets, Dodgers, Padres, and Cardinals. Need reds to be help this week against brewers    And tomorrow starts a series with the Mets in NY. @NFLfan are you going to go to any of them? I saw the tickets were cheap.    I am going to the Marlins Cards game on Tuesday, close to home, in the second section from home. Will be my 5th game there this season. 7th overall   And will give a recap of AZ tomorrow, since I got back   
    • Agree with most of this, but Tannehill's accuracy was never really an issue. Those Miami teams he played for were just bad lol. Some horrible OLs. They finally started building the team correctly, and even Fitzmagic looked good.   Looks like TN is going all-in a bit for the next couple years, so wouldn't be surprised to see their O ask more from Tannehill. Running the wheels off Henry will only get you so far.
    • I wasn't big on landing Wentz but having said that sometimes a change of scenery can change a QB's career. Get with the right team = great run game, good coach than many things can change. There wasn't anyone that ever mentioned Ryan Tannehill as a top 15 QB when he played for the Dolphins, he was considered average by most and many Dolphins fans thought he was bad. Look at him in Tennessee though with Henry and better coaching. He went from average at best to good in most peoples minds. His accuracy is a lot better in Tennessee and with Henry being the focal point that allows Tannehill to make less mistakes and use play action effectively.    In reality, Wentz even has more physical tools than Tannehill has.
  • Members

    • life long

      life long 235

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • HOZER

      HOZER 3,815

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Robert Johnson

      Robert Johnson 97

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • EastStreet

      EastStreet 10,567

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • stitches

      stitches 8,787

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...