Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Appreciate the help Saints

HOF19

Just now, ColtsSouljah said:

Yes there is, they intentionally don't schedule it until they have one with playoff implications set. Somebody is playing Sunday night next Sunday.... it's gotta be us.

Oh interesting. They did not have it scheduled on nfl.com.

I would say you are right then.

Couldn't hardly watch ..... excruciating.....  nail-biter again for a 2nd day, first washington loses, then the chargers lose, then it looked like the Saints until JuJu gave it up.  He was a game-time with a groin.  Now back to the Colts figuring out how to stop Henry and Company..... we need some people to get healthy as well.  Hopefully some bodies healed while watching the end of that game.

22 minutes ago, BOTT said:

I didn't. That was horrible.

I don't know what the analytics/odds say and I don't know that I would have done it ... but up by 4 with 4 mins .. you punt and give it the Saints a long field and if they do drive and score a TD they have likely milked the entire clock - you lose .. or ... you go for it like they did on 4th; if you get it your drive stays alive and good chance you get more points even a field goal (which you are very close to if you convert) means a Saints TD only ties. If you don't make it on 4th(which they didn't) the short field likely leaves you time after a Saints score and the Saints pretty much have to go for a TD and not a FG (and you only need a FG to tie).

Like I said I don't know if I would have done it, but I can see the strategy behind the decision.

Edit: If not for fumble his strategy works.... likely OT

Saints are going to the SB, I just do not see any other well rounded team stopping them. Rams' D is suspect and the Bears' O is suspect. Cowboys, Seahawks and Vikings are scrappy teams, the only team that can threaten the whole thing is the Eagles and Nick Foles. 

The Seahawks vs Chiefs game this week and Bears vs Vikings game next week are huge momentum swingers in the NFC, for games amongst potential playoff teams. Eagles need either Seahawks to lose this week or Vikings to lose next week to get in.

• Like 1