Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question..where is Komiko Turay?

26 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Also, let's not forget that he is raw as DE when it comes to playing the run. Think of him as a poor mans Mathis his first year and a half in the league.

Right now he's a situational rusher while Muhammad and Lewis are stout against the run.

“His first year and a half in the league.”????     Huh?

Turay is a rookie.   How could he have a year and a half in the league?

1 hour ago, stitches said:

I think I read somewhere they wanted to see more from him in practice. He's probably not doing well during the week and has lost snaps because of it. 

That is correct.  The coaches (Fluse?) said it during an interview.  

10 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Reading is fundamental...

I knew there had to be a glitch in your software.....   you’re a very smart guy but the math just didn’t add up...

Boy,  if I only had a dollar for every glitch in MY software...   I’d be filthy rich!       :thmup:

• Haha 3
15 minutes ago, CheezyColt said:

Mathis' first year and a half.

I think Rob has had an impact on the young edge rushers. Turay needs to get stronger I think when he does he will show out. Sure he's learning the ropes but he's got to be able to fight better with his hands or find a way to use more leverage with his length. I think you'd like to play him more on all 3 downs but he's got a while to go before he's there if he ever gets there. If you look at the Saints/Cowboys DL's we just need more depth I think that will happen sooner than we think got to be excited about the present and future of this team.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I knew there had to be a glitch in your software.....   you’re a very smart guy but the math just didn’t add up...

Boy,  if I only had a dollar for every glitch in MY software...   I’d be filthy rich!       :thmup:

You'd need it living in California, especially if in SF. On a pregame show I heard someone say the average apartment in SF is $4,000. a month!!!

I guess I'm staying in South Florida. haha

• Haha 1
23 minutes ago, a06cc said:

He’s not playing for a reason. We’re playing run heavy teams. We only need him for pass rush situations. Too light for the run. Plus Lewis looks pretty good. 

Probably not going to see much of him next week either, if/when we get into the playoffs & start playing more pass heavy offenses, I'd expect his snaps to increase quite a bit.

I asked about the wall earlier this year re: Leonard.  I'm not sure it's that for Turay as much as it is for situational D.  I'm still concerned for Leonard, though.  He is potentially playing another 4 games.  I sure hope he doesn't wind down next week, lol.

If there's one definitive thing I learned about this team this year, it's that I whole heartedly trust the staff and talent evaluators. If they say a guy isn't ready to be full time, I believe them. If they say a guy deserves more snaps (Hunt for example), even if we, from the outside don't see it, I trust them. They've earned that trust. They've earned the benefit of the doubt. So that's my stance on Turray. They say he needs to be better in practice, then ok.

• Thanks 1