Click here to get your free tickets for Colts Training Camp today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CR91

Malik Hooker

5 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

I yelled and scared my dog and cat.

My dog was scared for most of the game lol. 

During the post-game radio interview for player of the game he talked about how he's stopped worrying about making the plays he made last year and just focusing on helping his team... glad he's out there getting experience, I'm thinking next year he will be fully healed and be a beast!

10 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

My dog was scared for most of the game lol. 

My pets learn early to just stay out of the room from 1 - 4pm EST

They work around it.  Now if i could just find a woman to learn from them, i'd be livin the dream..

5 minutes ago, Pilgrim said:

My wife considered divorcing me :lol:

What does that have to do with the game?  :)

5 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

They work around it.  Now if i could just find a woman to learn from them, i'd be livin the dream..

You should find a woman that's a Colts fan and will watch the game with you. Then you'd be living the dream! :thmup:

I have to admit, I gave out a raised out scream when Hooker intercepted that ball.  My wife did something similar but not as loud as me.  Ugly but feel good win.

He makes a good play on a bad decision and throw and someone has to start a thread.  I figured.

4 minutes ago, DougDew said:

He makes a good play on a bad decision and throw and someone has to start a thread.  I figured.

Oh.  Nm, it's D2.

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Lots of defensive backs have poor ball skills and don’t make that play.  He has great ball skills.  Even if it was easy, you still want your guy in the right place making the play and he did. 

At my brothers house with the wife and after that interception i jumped and yelled. My brothers wife said to my wife does he always do that watching the Colts she just sighed and said yes!

17 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Here we go...

200.gif

"I figured" = "Meh" 2.0

2 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Lol. Yeah, my dog has learned over the few years we’ve had him that Sunday’s are concerning for him and now I truly believes he knows when football comes on the tv screen, he looks to go hang out In other rooms. Poor dog and I’ve actually been pretty good this year, not so much this game first half nor the Jags game. This two were a bit rough on his ears. 

Not to take anything away from Hooker on that INT but Darius Leonard covered so well even if the ball was thrown perfectly it likely would have been deflected. What I do like about Hooker is when the ball is in the air he will try to make a play on it.

29 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

We have an African Grey Parrot.  I think he was able to add a few unsavory words to his vocabulary today.  Oops.

Love the big birds !!!

In the game chat I said we was due for a turnover right before the interception. I was like dang somebody was listening. 

45 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Youre not wrong.....  Eli gifted that pass

I guess I was just wondering how does any DB intercept a ball when he's farther down field than the intended receiver is, unless the ball is overthrown?

A properly thrown ball would drop into the receiver hands so the DB's hands have to be there before the ball gets there to make a pick on a good pass.  

Well I'm a female COLTS fan married to a Cowboys fan.  He's still a bit butt sore from last week, hee hee.  His Boys won today so his mood is somewhat improved.  I have season tickets so was at the game - roof nearly blew off with the interception.  MERRY CHRISTMAS COLTS! :thanks:

45 minutes ago, waka waka said:

Not to take anything away from Hooker on that INT but Darius Leonard covered so well even if the ball was thrown perfectly it likely would have been deflected. What I do like about Hooker is when the ball is in the air he will try to make a play on it.

That was my thoughts from where I was sitting in stadium, without Leonard making as tight coverage as he did, Eli wouldn't have had to overthrow it. Without that overthrow less likely Hooker has a play on ball. In either way he wouldve been in good position to deflect too and was there and made a cath still

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

And you wonder why you have the reputation that you do.  Though to be honest I'm starting to think you don't wonder. Pretty sure I gave you the benefit of the doubt longer than I should have. 

Hooker was in position, he made the play and that sealed the game. Nice job Malik! 

Dude why TF are you always so negative??? We have gone from 1-5 to win and get in next week! This is a great time to be a colts fan and here you are being a jerk about people giving props to a game winning play... it is unreal.

25 minutes ago, JustAColtsFan said:

Well I'm a female COLTS fan married to a Cowboys fan.  He's still a bit butt sore from last week, hee hee.  His Boys won today so his mood is somewhat improved.  I have season tickets so was at the game - roof nearly blew off with the interception.  MERRY CHRISTMAS COLTS! :thanks:

I swear we sat behind y'all, did he have on a sanders jersey??

30 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I guess I was just wondering how does any DB intercept a ball when he's farther down field than the intended receiver is, unless the ball is overthrown?

A properly thrown ball would drop into the receiver hands so the DB's hands have to be there before the ball gets there to make a pick on a good pass. 

I guess the rest of us are just wondering why you feel the need to make posts like this?

Hope you enjoyed the Hooker INT. 

:hat:

I know I did!!!

A Colt does something good and DougDew has to find a way to sour on it. I figured. 

Was listening on the radio in my car.  Fortunately my wife was in the clinic seeing the doctor so she didn't hear my yell.

After we had won a friend of mine called me and said it reminded him of the AFC Title Game in 2006. That was deep. Where Luck pulled it out like Peyton and Hooker picked it off like Marlin Jackson. 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

After we had won a friend of mine called me and said it reminded him of the AFC Title Game in 2006. That was deep. Where Luck pulled it out like Peyton and Hooker picked it off like Marlin Jackson. 

We were saying the same thing at the game! Crazy thing is we were in about the same seats we were in for that game (same area/view of the field) and the way the game played out was very similar! Got chills and deja vu.

7 minutes ago, DrLuck said:

We were saying the same thing at the game! Crazy thing is we were in about the same seats we were in for that game (same area/view of the field) and the way the game played out was very similar! Got chills and deja vu.

Yeah I was ignoring my calls because I was sick to my stomach lol and after that happened I answered because it was a good friend of mine and he said that. I agree that seemed like it for some reason.

Once we can get quicker pressure from our front four, Hooker will be the ballhawking centerfielder he was last year.  Hooker has had a hand on a couple other picks this year but teammates got in the way and knocked them away from him.  

I have been one who has criticized Hooker.

But today, when it mattered most, Malik got it done with a great interception!

I was at the game and the whole stadium was rockin'

Awesome play!

Although you come back quicker these days from ACL I think it takes well over a year to be truly comfortable in yourself especially from a mental standpoint. 

It's clear he is a v good player. By next year he will be back on the trajectory he was on in his 1st year.

But credit where credit due. He ended the game. No one else but him

11 hours ago, coltsva said:

What does that have to do with the game?  :)

Apparently, it was something to do with screaming bloody murder. She’s still getting used to the fandom. I have to excuse her, though. She was raised a Cowboys fan.