Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LucasOilStadium

Colts Vs. New York Giants Game Day Thread

So what's the line on Ebron?  Concussion protocol?  Is he definitely out for the rest of the game?

•  

We have the 2nd half to stay alive in the playoff race.

Boomer E., just said he had no doubt his buddy Frank Reich with right this ship.  Not his exact words but that is what he meant.

With Kelly and Ebron down, it's time for others to step-up and show our heart in time of adversity.  Coaching, special teams, defense, offense, fans in Lucas Oil.

Although I'm not pleased with this game and the score, I'm just doing to relax and enjoy this late season Colt game with playoff implications.  Far cry from last year. 

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I hope the Colts can open the roof at least for a few minutes.....

Because that first half was a FART in a crowded elevator!

We need some fresh air and a fresh start!   

haha Yeah it stunk but it's far from over. If we go down 24-7 then I may think differently.

Just now, our_dbs_rock said:

Hail Mary time! Go Vikes. lol

Prayer answered.  Terrible coverage by the paper Lions.

2 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Colts fans are fairweather generally speaking... and also suffer from memory loss. How many times have we been in this situation? 

I swear I've seen posts in the past week talking about how great Desir has been playing and in this thread there are posts about how he is trash.  What is the memory loss you speak of? lol

2 minutes ago, Indy_Mike said:

Seems that way....but I keep hoping the Eli we all know will show up and give us at least one bone head play!

Eli is 0-3 against the Colts at Indy. 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

haha Yeah it stunk but it's far from over. If we go down 24-7 then I may think differently.

There isn't a run rule in football that can end the game at halftime?

5 minutes ago, our_dbs_rock said:

I tried negativenancy.com and fairweatherfans.com and both links took me to the colts forum.

I think 'Homerville/Bias Fans'.com will get you here as well. Lol

Just now, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I think 'Homerville/Bias Fans'.com will get you here as well. Lol

I'll have to bookmark them just in case.... :)

2 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

Is anyone else confused that they keep showing the FG line?

I noticed that once last week.  I guess 80 yard FG's aren't out of reach lol

1 minute ago, SteelCityColt said:

I'm sick of seeing yellow in games this season. 

I don't think it is the amount of penaties that makes it unfun to watch, it the inconsistency.  You never know when or why they throw a flag.

1 minute ago, our_dbs_rock said:

I don't think it is the amount of penaties that makes it unfun to watch, it the inconsistency.  You never know when or why they throw a flag.

Couldn't agree more. 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We have to earn this one today. I love it, pressure is wonderful.

Good for the kids' growth if we pull this one out.  Good character builder.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We get 7 here, I give us a good chance.

Nope.  Go back and read the posts.  Game is already over, they just don't know it yet. :)

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Agreed! It only takes one *. To clarify, it was a Police Officer, not a Security Guard.   Personally, I thought the Officer was extremely intelligent handling the situation. His “situational awareness” was top notch, being surrounded by a bunch of reporters, cameras and players looking up to a guy who just distributed Benjamin’s.  It was not in his best interest to arrest OBJ at that moment.    Being a Cop is difficult, everyone has a camera and it only takes a few seconds of a 2 minute video to paint the wrong picture, depending on the motivation.   Looking at the diverse opinions here, it’s easy at least for me to see, that the Police Officer was extremely professional handling this the way he did.  If, this had of been a female Cop or two civilians in the work place, I’m certain the conversation would be somewhat different. And it’s very unfortunate that we can’t all find common ground on what is appropriate or inappropriate.     Unfortunately, not everyone likes the Cops, including some that posted in this thread.    @csmopar Just a having fun with you nothing personal.  Apologies        
    • Mmmhmm. I was deathly afraid of the Chargers that year. I was so relived to see the Pats. And my what a shock to say, but we had beaten them 2 times straight and I felt Peyton finally got the monkey off his back. Plus that was first time we were getting the Patriots at home in a while. 
    • Reader, Armistead, or Byron Jones might make sense.  Getting two of them could be a coup for our defense.  Them wanting to play here is the concern though. 
    • Nice discussions everyone. I for one am not going to get riled up one way or the other. After watching the UCLA and Oregon State tape for Gordon, I found several questionable throws that defenders dropped INTs on that I felt would have been a death sentence in the NFL but then he also threw 9 TDs and did very well vs zone coverage.  Some say he can be coached out of playing hero ball or throwing bad ones into traffic, I am leery about it. One can say the same about selective tape for Jordan Love as well. The guys in charge, I am sure they watch more than 1 game tape or just highlight reels, or just get enamored with 1 year numbers, I will be happy with whatever they decide. I like Gordon as well but I like Love a little more, for the record. Both will have to be coached out of certain tendencies, IMO.   Hey, the first pick in the 1998 draft threw 28 INTs, and thankfully Jameis Winston broke that with 30 INTs this year.   The 6th pick in the 2019 draft (Daniel Jones) was a turnover machine as well. So, even the highest rated QB, who likely will be going to an inferior team will feel the pressure and will make mistakes. Guys like Mahomes, they do not come around often, but you don't want to miss out on someone that has close to his upside either. No matter who we draft at QB, we anticipate him sitting for a year to work out his flaws. Even Mahomes had to sit out a year. The Chiefs had the luxury, we have the same as well, IMO.    All I do not care for is a WR at No.13 because that will not give us good bang for the draft position in a deep WR class, and I elaborated my case in another thread.
    • The reason I compare him to Brissett when talking about him is because the similarities with their passing games are striking and it's easy to illustrate a point when people would know exactly what I'm talking about with Hurts' game when I say he has trouble going through progressions and gets stuck on primary read and drops his eyes sometimes too soon and leaves the pocket to run. His weaknesses in the passing game mirror those of Brissett pretty closely and people would know what I mean because they've seen it for two seasons now with Brissett.    IMO he's not good enough of a passer/processor of the game to be a traditional pocket passer in the league and when he leaves the pocket he's doing it to run rather than to make plays with the pass. His athleticism is much better than Brissett's though and IMO this is the way he should be used - in a Lamar Jackson type of offense - where the offense is built around the QB's ability and threat to run the ball. The problem is - I don't think he's nearly as athletic and elusive as Lamar and he takes some brutal hits regularly on his runs. IMO whoever drafts him needs to build their whole offense around his running and hope to god he doesn't get injured.   I'm just not willing to make that bet. 
  • Members