Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Important games this weekend

CR91

Wildcard Implications

Tonight the ravens play the chargers. If the ravens lose tonight, its win out and we're in.

Steelers play the saints tomorrow. If the steelers lose and we win, we move up to the sixth seed regardless if the ravens win or lose

Division Implications

For us to stay alive for the division, the Texans will need to lose to the eagles. The colts and the Titans losing also clinches the division for the texans.

First Round Bye

Yes as crazy as it sounds, we do have a shot at a first round bye, but its a very long one.

The colts would have to win out, the texans and pats would have to lose out and the steelers and ravens would have have to lose once. The Texans play the eagles and Jags. The pats play the bills and jets

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, CR91 said:

The redskins beating the titans does nothing to help us

Yes it does.  A Titans loss combined with a Colts win means the Colts finish ahead of the Titans if the Colts win OR tie in the final game.

Plus if the Titans lose, Ravens lose, AND the Colts also lose, the Colts would still be well in the running heading into the final game. 

• Thanks 2

What a Titans loss could also do is make the week 17 game meaningless for them.

Example:

Week 16

Titans lose, Colts win.

Steelers lose, Ravens win.

Week 17

Colts/Titans gets flexed to Sunday night. On Sunday afternoon both Ravens and Steelers win. That would make Sunday night a win and in for Colts and meaningless for Titans.

34 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

Yes it does.  A Titans loss combined with a Colts win means the Colts finish ahead of the Titans if the Colts win OR tie in the final game.

How funny would it be for the Colts to get into the playoffs by playing to a tie in week 17. :)

37 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

Plus if the Titans lose, Ravens lose, AND the Colts also lose, the Colts would still be well in the running heading into the final game. 

I mean it doesnt help because we'd still have to beat them. If they beat us, theyll be ahead of us after week 17

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

a win would leave us ahead of Tennessee anyways, even if we lose this week and Tennessee wins 

10 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Mariota is down with another elbow injury!

7 minutes ago, adubb84 said:

Could make things interesting for sure. Same elbow he’s had issues with this season. Knocked him out of the Colts game too. 

This is kinda bitter sweet. With Gabbert in at QB next week well that's not how I pictured the game being huge disadvantage to Tennessee. The main question is can Gabbert beat the Redskins?? I really want the Colts Titans game to be flex into the Sunday night slot next week as I have tickets and will be going to that game!!!

14 minutes ago, neug3246 said:

This is kinda bitter sweet. With Gabbert in at QB next week well that's not how I pictured the game being huge disadvantage to Tennessee. The main question is can Gabbert beat the Redskins?? I really want the Colts Titans game to be flex into the Sunday night slot next week as I have tickets and will be going to that game!!!

Still could be flexed. You’ll get your answer at the start of the 4th if Mariota still isn’t in the game and is ruled out. 

17 minutes ago, CR91 said:

If the titans and us have the same record after week 17, they will be ahead of us

But 9-7 wont do it, since the Ravens at 9-7 would get ahead of both teams. Then the Steelers would win the AFC North. So if the Titans lose we can say goodbye to their playoff chances.

Just now, DraftMaster said:

But 9-7 wont do it, since the Ravens at 9-7 would get ahead of both teams. Then the Steelers would win the AFC North. So if the Titans lose we can say goodbye to their playoff chances.

Good point, but we'd still have to beat them next week

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Good point, but we'd still have to beat them next week

Gotta go 10-6 to get in but it looks like Tenn. is going to win anyways. I just don't see how they barely beat the Skins at home and then beat us. We're much better than Washington, but any given Sunday, right?

20 minutes ago, DraftMaster said:

Gotta go 10-6 to get in but it looks like Tenn. is going to win anyways. I just don't see how they barely beat the Skins at home and then beat us. We're much better than Washington, but any given Sunday, right?

We lost 6-0 to Cody Kessler.