Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Baltimore (+4) at San Diego (12-22-18)

oldunclemark

11 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

....and the Tie we should have had vs Texans.

Yep. But the tie seems like eons ago. The Jaguars egg come with us with a more clearer picture emerging of the division.

Every team - from the Patriots to the Texans to the Ravens, have had real bad 1 or 2 or even 3 losses early in the season. Then, each of them went on a streak. Our streak was interrupted by the Jaguars, as late as December. A December loss, when your identity is forged, and the picture is clearer, reflects far worse than a September or October loss, IMO. That is far more inexcusable, IMO.  We did not have the equity that a Patriots team had to have a loss or two in December, we knew it and yet it happened.

As an offensive coach, the Jaguars game probably hurt Reich the most.

Hey just let's do what we can control and finish strong against the Giants & Titans. 

What we can't control should not define us. I'm more interested in progressing as a team this year leading into next year. If we don't make the play offs this year and we finish with the next two wins, then that should be our building blocks for next year. Don't dwell on what we can't control. Dwell on our progress as a team developing for the future.  At this point  nobody in the media or league expected us this year to be where we are at! so let relish the fact that we prove them wrong and finish strong , regardless of missing the play offs or not.   

New Orleans will win. NO has the top run D in the league. Pitt hasn't been running well since Conner went out. They will likely be one dimensional. NO has pretty good pass rush and good cover men so they should be able to sit back and clog passing lanes. They should be able to mimick whatever that is Jax usually does to stymie the Pitt O.

Thank God Pitt plays at NO, I think it would be better anyway if Pitt missed the Playoffs as I can't stand them anyway. Remember, NO is still playing for the #1 Seed in the NFC, a win for them clinches that. Rams play the Cards and will most likely win that and NO knows this. NO wins and we win, then everything will be fine.

9 hours ago, chad72 said:

I take that back.

If Houston loses next 2 and we win next 2, Houston will be 3-3 in division with losses to TN, Indy and Jax once. If we win the next 2, we are 4-2 in the division with a sweep of TN and division record comes before AFC record thus winning us the division.

So I’m telling you there’s a chance.

So you're telling me there's a chance???:banana:

9 hours ago, Girlzarefanstoo said:

Bad day all around.  Poor coaching and game plan.  Porous Oline.  Mental mistakes.  Penalties.  No pocket for Rivers, he doesn't need all day but 3 seconds would work.

Good time for an irritating loss.  Better realize there is a long way to go on the road in the playoffs.

The only good news for the Chargers is that a '5' seed sends them to Baltimore for a rematch and the more you see that 1970s Oklahoma  Jack Mildren offense, the better you probably handle it,

I still think the Chargers are a better team than Baltimore

Its just that the '5' and '6' seeds are such tough roads

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

The only good news for the Chargers is that a '5' seed sends them to Baltimore for a rematch and the more you see that 1970s Oklahoma  Jack Mildren offense, the better you probably handle it,

I still think the Chargers are a better team than Baltimore

Its just that the '5' and '6' seeds are such tough roads

Perhaps on the road is best.  This team seems to love the adversity.  Home isn't really HOME anyway.  

I agree on knowing better how to defeat their team in a rematch.  We need a better game plan and the second we know who our opponent is the coaching staff will be working on it.    

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Girlzarefanstoo said:

Perhaps on the road is best.  This team seems to love the adversity.  Home isn't really HOME anyway.  

I agree on knowing better how to defeat their team in a rematch.  We need a better game plan and the second we know who our opponent is the coaching staff will be working on it.    

Winning the SB as a 5 Seed is very possible, it has been done before. Don't feel bad about the loss, after today the Colts we be a 6 Seed so you will have a better than seed than us.

1 minute ago, Girlzarefanstoo said:

They tried to strike deep on the first play of the game and turned the ball over.

That let the Ravens run a lot of time of the look at the start of both halves.

I thought that the Chargers didn't 'stack the box' with 8 players especially when the Ravens went to six O-linemen.

Lamer completed 12 passes.

The Chargers rarely forced him to throw.

And even with that, the defense gave up 17 points

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Winning the SB as a 5 Seed is very possible, it has been done before. Don't feel bad about the loss, after today the Colts we be a 6 Seed so you will have a better than seed than us.

Something can be 'very possible' and 'extremely difficult' at the same time

But the Colts and Chargers hopefully will be in the 'same boat'

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Something can be 'very possible' and 'extremely difficult' at the same time

But the Colts and Chargers hopefully will be in the 'same boat'

If the Saints do not beat the Steelers today by at least 7 points I would be shocked. Saints are a beast at home and the Steelers suck on the road. I also think we will win so I am pretty confident going into today. Steelers lost to Oakland on the road lmao . 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If the Saints do not beat the Steelers today by at least 7 points I would be shocked. Saints are a beast at home and the Steelers suck on the road. I also think we will win so I am pretty confident going into today. Steelers lost to Oakland on the road lmao . 

You will be shocked..Steelers rarely get beat by more than a TD.

But I'm counting on a NOLA win....its probably the Colts only way in

• Like 1