Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Baltimore (+4) at San Diego (12-22-18)

oldunclemark

8:20 EST   Mike Tirico, Kurt Warner and Steve Mariucci (a pretty good broadcast team) on the NFL Network

at the (pretty bad) Stub Hub Center, mid-60s and dry (California Christmas weather) in  in Los Angeles  over-under at 43.5

throwback quarterback Lamar Jackson (73 of 124, 818 yards, 5 TDs, 3 INTs) takes his retro act to Hollywood.

The rookie leads the Ravens rushing 114 times for 566 yards and if Baltimore gets the lead, they wont have to dela with the pass rush team of Melvin Ingram and Joey Bosa.

Chargers' QB Phillips "Old Man" Rivers (310 of 447, 3,951 yards, 31 TDs 8 INTs) and he'l throw to Keenan Adams (8 catches, 1,074 yards)  and Mike Williams (38 catches, 618 yards).

Top runner Melvin Gordon (153 runs, 803 yards) will play for the first time in 3 weeks

Baltimore has  allowed just 254 first downs in 14 games and they've held nine teams to 20 points or less.

There's a whole lot of 'ifs' riding with this one.

A Baltimore (8-6) win cold move them past Pittsburgh (8-5-1) if the Steelers lose Sunday at NOLA.

A Baltimore loss means the winner of the Week 17 game between the Colts (8-6) and Tennessee (8-6) makes the playoffs

A Chargers (11-3) win means they move past Kansas City (11-3) in the AFC West , if KC loses Sunday night at Seattle (8-6)

I wonder if Baltimore will have more fans in the minor league Stub Hub Center than the Chargers will.

Most Chargers fans live in San Diego....

This is a big game but the winner cant clinch first place in their division until next week.

I think its bad matchup for Baltimore. The Ravens can hog the ball and kill the lock but they cant cover San Diego's receivers and Rivers get the ball away so quickly, they cant sack him.

Baltimore falls behind in the second half and the Chargers pass rush runs Lamar Jackson and his 'Nebraska - 1984" offense all the way to the bus.

Chargers win and cover (and hopefully move back to San Diego soon)

• Like 2

Just now, coltsva said:

And he looks in panic mode on every play.

true, but he seems to get it together in the 2nd half usually.

We'll see how tonight goes...  Damn I hope the 2nd half is more exciting.   

I'm taking a shower and washing my hair.   

See ya all after the half.

If Chargers can't do a better job of pressuring the QB, I think they could be in trouble. It's not looking good. Plus, Ravens get the ball to start the 2nd half. I don't see Chargers overcoming a 2-score deficit against this Ravens defense (assuming Ravens score TD). I hope I'm wrong.