tweezy32

2019 1st round pick

What position do you guys think we need the most with our 1st pick?  Beginning of the year I would have said DL somewhere but now I think that's our strength and one of our best spots.  The draft is filled with good dline so maybe we can pick one up in early 2nd if someone falls to us. I think we need a WR and SS and CB more right now than dline.  I wouldn't be mad obviously if we went DL with our 1st pick but I don't know which position we need the most now.  Don't think I want to spend a 1st on a WR either unless that WR is a can't miss.  What do you guys think we need the most? 

• Like 1

We should still go DT.  This defense relies on getting pressure especially from the interior, so it will help cover up a weaker secondary.  We can probably snag a quality WR in the 2nd round.  Not to mention Hunt and Woods are getting old and are FA.

• Like 3

DT of some sort would be nice, especially a pass rusher. BPA would be the way to go though. Weather it be reciever, DE, OT, CB, DT, or S. I trust Ballard knows who told he best pick for the system is.

• Like 2

Drafting for need is OK but it all depends on who is there come pick time.

Saying we need a certain position may be a truthful comment but skipping over a more talented player reaching for that position can be a big mistake.

• Like 3

This team is a far cry from last years team and we now have an above average defense to go along with our above average offense.  Ballard will now be able to use FA to try and sign a playmaker or two.  Hopefully on both sides of the ball.  Then I would expect him to use the draft on BPA focusing on the remaining positions of need.  Who we sign in FA will have a direct impact on the draft.  Our 1st. pick could be any position right now except QB of course. 

• Like 3

It looks like there will be many excellent options available when we pick

I think we could use a speed DE, a pass rushing DT, a WR, a OT, and even a LB in rounds 1-4

BPA all the way

2 hours ago, compuls1v3 said:

What do you guys think of this guy, Kelvin Harmon?  Here's a good write up of him.   https://www.ganggreennation.com/2018/12/1/18120509/2019-nfl-draft-prospect-kelvin-harmon-wr-north-carolina-state

The guy looks legit

I think a bigger 50/50 WR is a need.....

it will be interesting to see if we devote an early pick to a WR

If you watched the Iowa State game tonight, you would have seen

my favorite for a pick at WR

http://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/3917940

NINE Catches - 192 Yards at 6'6" he is a man among boys

Megatron 2 in the making

• Like 2

I like Hakeem a lot he'd be a good addition for the colts but where do you think he gets picked? With Cain and Fountain, it would be hard for me seeing a WR taken in the first round just will have to see how the board plays out. If we pick in the mid-twenties hopefully we can move back and possibly get 3picks out of the seconds round this year since there will be tons of players still there.

But I do like Hakeem...I also like Harmon and Damion Willis. I guess it just depends on when they are selected.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, waka waka said:

I like Hakeem a lot he'd be a good addition for the colts but where do you think he gets picked? With Cain and Fountain, it would be hard for me seeing a WR taken in the first round just will have to see how the board plays out. If we pick in the mid-twenties hopefully we can move back and possibly get 3picks out of the seconds round this year since there will be tons of players still there.

But I do like Hakeem...I also like Harmon and Damion Willis. I guess it just depends on when they are selected.

IMHO where he goes is really driven by the 40 time and how he does at combine. 

I think he would be taken in mid to late second round 

When it comes to Cain and the other WRs from last years draft, its tough for me to 100% count on them.

If ONE of the WRs that came in last year become an every down contributor for the Colts, I will be very happy.

But, I'm not counting on them.

I think if Hakeem is sitting there on either of the 2nd round picks you would want to consider him.

But..... I believe that there are some excellent players available in this draft

to choose from

BPA

1 hour ago, waka waka said:

Fountain??  The guy will be lucky to be on the roster next year.  I'm optimistic regarding Cain, but it wouldn't alter my drafting because of him.

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 10:08 PM, crazycolt1 said:

Drafting for need is OK but it all depends on who is there come pick time.

Saying we need a certain position may be a truthful comment but skipping over a more talented player reaching for that position can be a big mistake.

Agreed.

Derrick Brown and Christian Wilkins will be high on Ballard's draft board for the 1sr rd. If they check all His "other" likes.

Great fits system wise.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say offensive tackle. If the Colts end up st around 22, move Smith back inside or a prospective replacement for Costanzo

More than likely we take BPA at the D-Line. I do think we will avoid Dexter Lawerence unless it's proven his drug tests were wrong. Ballard will avoid him in the 1st round. Derrick Brown and Zach Allen seem like excellent picks at 22 right now, and I could also see us taking someone Jachai Polite or Rashaan Gary if they fall a bit. I would be genuinely shocked if we go WR or a different position in the 1st round. 

Depends on FA. Otherwise BPA other than QB. I think we will be picking in low 20s and most of the high character DL may be gone. Don't think we will  reach for a DL but go BPA.

• Like 1

Would any of you be shocked if the Colts went with Devin White, ILB, LSU in the first round (assuming he declares)? He is one of those rare 3 down LBs in the NFL, IMO. If we draft him, just like the 49ers had Patrick Willis and Navarro Bowman for all 3 downs, we will have our own in the Maniac and Devin White. He is very much like Roquan Smith was, last year, IMO.

Thoughts???

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Would any of you be shocked if the Colts went with Devin White, ILB, LSU in the first round (assuming he declares)? He is one of those rare 3 down LBs in the NFL, IMO. If we draft him, just like the 49ers had Patrick Willis and Navarro Bowman for all 3 downs, we will have our own in the Maniac and Devin White. He is very much like Roquan Smith was, last year, IMO.

Thoughts???

Wouldn't give it a second thought. However, I wonder how far he would drop. I can't see him getting out of the top-20 unless the run on DLineman gets ridiculous. Our depth at LB would be fantastic and without a doubt the Colts would have the best LB duo in the league. 

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Thoughts???

I dont see him sliding to us, but he would be a big improvement over who I see as a good player in Walker...... a big improvement...   

He is not a SSLB, but in the 20's (or 32 :) ) he would HAVE to be BPA

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

Thoughts???

Am not impressed with this kid.  Much rather have Mack Wilson.  After comparing video Wilson should have the better NFL career.  White gets pushed around way too easily now in college.

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

Thoughts???

If Ballard thinks he is a can't miss player then I would love having White next to Leonard and Walker to make arguably the best LB core in the NFL. 

Another LB I REALLY like is Khalil Hodge from Buffalo. He could possibly be had in round 3.

I would love a first 3 rounds for the Colts to be something like this...

1 - WR N'Keal Harry

2 (from Jets) - DT Derrick Brown

2 - Best CB or SS available

3 - LB Khalil Hodge