Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

On to NYG

Mr.Debonair

This game is similar to the Jags game to me. I know this is the NFL but this a game we should be able to win without giving fans a heart attack. Not sure the status on OBJ. I know Saquan will be a handful but we have been very good against the run. We should be able to get to Eli alot also. Their defense has holes all over. Does anyone see anything that worries them about NYG?

To me, this game is more like the Washington and Dallas games.

NFC East opponent

Has a RB that the Colts should not be able to contain

Solid QB play

Not a lot of speed at the WR position.

The differences is the Giants D is no where near as good as Washington's nor Dallas'.  On the D side the front 7 of the Giants is not a good unit.  On the O side the oline has improved tremendously from the first few weeks but they are still not consistent.  Also like Dallas and Washington, the Giants have a solid TE that could cause some coverage problems.

The thing that concerns me the most about the Giants is Eli Manning.  He is, IMO, without a doubt the toughest QB in the game and he has been for more than a decade.  I have seen that guy get absolutely pummeled play after play after play and he just gets up and keeps coming after the D.  And he seems to play better the more and harder he gets hit. 

Plus the visa pay commercials with he and Barkley are pretty funny.

• Like 1

Despite how well our defense has played this year, our one problem seems to be covering the short passing game, particularly against the RB position (we apparently have given up the 2nd most receptions to RBs). Unfortunately, that seems to be Barkleys main strength (although the last few weeks hes been in a bit of a slump). Not only does he have good hands, but hes proven to be hard to bring down in the open field. Could be tough for us to keep him contained in the pass game.