Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pro Bowl Selections/Snubs (Merge)

NorthernBlue

leonard was robbed. most of these voters probably have not watched the colts once this year unless we played their team

i am glad to hear nelson and ebron got in, they were both well known first round picks before they got here.  im sure that helped them 

I know we all feel like Leonard and Luck should have been maned to the Pro Bowl, and this writer agrees.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-pro-bowl-rosters-alvin-kamara-christian-mccaffrey-lead-list-snubs-035640117.html

I know it's a meaningless game, but it's still an honor to be named.  Hopefully, we'll be playing in a big game that weekend and our guys will be unavailable!

Lol Luck getting left out is one thing.  The media get on their knees for Brady one last time is whatevs.  Expected.

Darius Leonard getting left out makes absolutely no sense.  He statistically leads McKinney and Mosley if they were one person and you added their stats together.  Voters need to be taken out back and shot repeatedly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

it appears that Leonard himself actually does care.  he will probably get shafted on roty too, had a good long argument about that yesterday lol

Hope he takes it out on NY and TN, then every team in the playoff and carries it into next season.  Voters just poked the wrong bear I think!   :rawr:

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Darius Leonard getting left out makes absolutely no sense.  He statistically leads McKinney and Mosley if they were one person and you added their stats together.  Voters need to be taken out back and shot repeatedly.

It's because he's technically an OLB and with how the Pro Bowl categorizes players, 3-4 OLBs are included as well. If they did EDGE for 4-3 DEs and 3-4 OLBs, he would be make it no problem.

Plus, it's all a silly popularity contest with the fan vote included.

6 minutes ago, Shive said:

It's because he's technically an OLB and with how the Pro Bowl categorizes players, 3-4 OLBs are included as well. If they did EDGE for 4-3 DEs and 3-4 OLBs, he would be make it no problem.

Plus, it's all a silly popularity contest with the fan vote included.

Meh, even so, Jadeveon Clowney's one extra sack can't possibly negate all the stats the are dwarfed by Leonard's output.

14 hours ago, MTC said:

The Pro Bowl has always been a popularity contest. All-Pro is where it counts. 

There’s probably some truth there, but not like baseball, IMHO.

14 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

The concept of the pro bowl isn't stupid. The way the Pro Bowl is run is stupid. 

Exactly.

12 hours ago, New Zealands #1 Colts Fan said:

Luck t.y kelly leonard Autry have been named as alternates 

Not the same. Especially since many of these guys have language for bonus money if they get voted in (not slide in via alternate) to the Pro Bowl. And I’ve heard many player mention, long after they retired, that no matter what a players says (like it’s only the team they’re concerned with, etc..) that Pro Bowl selection is indeed a fairly big deal. Not just bonus money aspect either.

5 hours ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Change the name of it from "Pro Bowl" to "Fan Bowl" -- that solves any issues over who is in or out.  The entire voting process is an uncontrolled travesty.

Excep, that’s not wholly true. 1/3 of the votes are by the players. Another 1/3 by the coaches. The final 1/3 by the fans. The majority of the voting power is from within the league itself, not the fans.

But any system that that has left Luck out (because of Brady), or Leonard out (because of putting WILL backers in with 3-4 OLB/Edge rushers) is flawed.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Looks like it was edited since it was first posted because he was not on the list when I first shared the link. Still, he should be #1. He's fed on disrespect all year I hope be plays even better down the stretch.

It is no doubt the biggest joke of the 2018 Pro Bowl. 

CJ Mosley (2018 Pro Bowler)
-91 tackles
-0 FF
-0 FR
-5 TFL
-0 INT
-0.5 sacks

Darius Leonard (Not a Pro Bowler)
-146 tackles
-4 FF
-2 FR
-12 TFL
-1 INT
-7 sacks #ProBowl #Colts

6:17 PM - Dec 18, 2018

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

I assure you Leonard wasn’t even initially on the list at all.  It was updated 45 minutes later.  This Shook guy who wrote the article and is clearly a Cowboy’s shill.  He lists Leonard’s stats: 1st in tackles, 2nd among all rookies in sacks and all the other eye popping stats and then says he has more tackles through so many games than any rookie in NFL history but has the audacity to list him 5th...  Guy is a clown & a hack.

Got ya

29 minutes ago, Superman said:

Ultimate Patriot/Brady slobberer Colin Cowherd agrees Luck got robbed, and Brady shouldn't be in. It's ultimately irrelevant, since Brady never goes and Luck is the first alternate.

Cowherd is also a huge Luck fan.

"Ultimate patriot/Brady slobberer" lmao that's a good one!!  :lol:

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Superman said:

Ultimate Patriot/Brady slobberer Colin Cowherd agrees Luck got robbed, and Brady shouldn't be in. It's ultimately irrelevant, since Brady never goes and Luck is the first alternate.

Cowherd is also a huge Luck fan.

Clowney and Brady are in on their reps and past performances. Much like the Academy Awards, (which I refuse to watch), the Pro Bowl, which I also do not watch any more, is political and rarely has the top performers winning the prize. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

There’s probably some truth there, but not like baseball, IMHO.

Exactly.

Not the same. Especially since many of these guys have language for bonus money if they get voted in (not slide in via alternate) to the Pro Bowl. And I’ve heard many player mention, long after they retired, that no matter what a players says (like it’s only the team they’re concerned with, etc..) that Pro Bowl selection is indeed a fairly big deal. Not just bonus money aspect either.

Excep, that’s not wholly true. 1/3 of the votes are by the players. Another 1/3 by the coaches. The final 1/3 by the fans. The majority of the voting power is from within the league itself, not the fans.

But any system that that has left Luck out (because of Brady), or Leonard out (because of putting WILL backers in with 3-4 OLB/Edge rushers) is flawed.

Another big problem is that it's NFC/AFC.  That leaves some talented guys out because they play in a conference with a lot of good players at that position.

Example I would say would be Alvin Kamara and Christian McCaffery at RB.  They are out because they are behind Elliot, Gurely and Barkley.   But they would probably beat Melvin Gordon and Phillip Lindsay at least if they just took the top 6 RB's.  

1 hour ago, dw49 said:

It is no doubt the biggest joke of the 2018 Pro Bowl. 

CJ Mosley (2018 Pro Bowler)
-91 tackles
-0 FF
-0 FR
-5 TFL
-0 INT
-0.5 sacks

Darius Leonard (Not a Pro Bowler)
-146 tackles
-4 FF
-2 FR
-12 TFL
-1 INT
-7 sacks #ProBowl #Colts

6:17 PM - Dec 18, 2018

Now compare Leonard’s stats to Clowney’s & the difference is even more glaring. 

18 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001001792/article/nfl-reveals-rosters-for-2019-pro-bowl-in-orlando

Love it that our guys are getting some recognition but......

HOW IN THE GOOD NAME OF * IS TOM BRADY IN BEFORE ANDREW LUCK?

Especially since he can never be bothered to go.  Have the fans not caught on to this yet?

Wait a min. We all know the biggest Pro Bowl Snub was AC. But LG-C-RG all played lights out this year. You cannot, cannot short change Braden Smith RT. Alot or many cried like babies once he was drafted. Turns out B. Smith might give us oline options heading into 2019 draft. 

Right now the chip on Leonard's shoulder has now become a full fledged boulder.  This is what he had to face:

- His brother is killed

- His other two brothers went to jail

- Turned down by his dream school

- Drafted in the second round and labeled as one of the worst picks in the draft

- And now he doesn't make the pro bowl during a historic rookie season after donating 100 bikes to his hometown

Let um sleep :sleepy:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, coltsnation said:

Right now the chip on Leonard's shoulder has now become a full fledged boulder.  This is what he had to face:

- His brother is killed

- Drafted in the second round and labeled as one of the worst picks in the draft

- And now he doesn't make the pro bowl during a historic rookie season after donating 100 bikes to his hometown

pro bowl snub is ridiculous. At this rate they will probably give Derwin James rookie of year as well

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coltsnation said:

- His brother is killed

The maniac gonna go off after this I bet. I would not want to be Eli on Sunday. He gonna bring some heat 

Hey, slew the Pro Bowl selectors.  Or give them credit - they inspired The Maniac to go for 40 tackles Sunday!  

I just hope he plays his lane and doesn’t get out of position just to make a statement.   

And I really hope that none of our guys can go to the pro bowl.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

He’s a clown.

He wrote an article today about Leonard's snubbing. In it, he alluded that his list wasn't in any particular order.

12 hours ago, masterlock said:

There is no inside linebacker in the Colts' base defensive alignment. In a 4-3 defense like the Colts play, there are two outside linebackers (strong and weak side) and one MIDDLE linebacker. That makes Darius Leonard a weak side (WILL) outside linebacker. (In a 3-4 defense, there are two inside linebackers and two outside linebackers.)

That's what I've always believed, but in an interview today Leonard said he's not an OLB, he's a WILL. Weak inside LB.

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

The maniac gonna go off after this I bet. I would not want to be Eli on Sunday. He gonna bring some heat 

I was thinking this as well.

i see him sitting on the couch, watching ESPN ans saying....  outloud (and in a controlled, calm but direct manner) .... 

"OK, watch this."