Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

UPDATE: Beckham ruled out for Sunday vs Colts

CR91

17 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

you are welcome.  odel has doesnt have any contract incentives he can hit in this game either  fyi  

I was warned about replying to you, now I see why.  The point was not about incentives he can hit this weekend.

17 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

you are wrong about the colts too.  they actually dont have them other than ebron.  feel free to look that up and you will see that im right!

Well, since I don't have time to look it up, sure you're right.  I'm positive that websites have all the contract details in them.

Just now, jskinnz said:

Does your tin foil hat interfere with your TV reception?

forget espn for a minute.  you know this is one of the smallest markets in the league right? we also have some of the smallest tv coverage maps.

the colts and pacers get little to no attention from other fans unless we are playing their team directly.  most of these probowl voters couldnt name 5 players on the team and think chubb is having a better year than leonard

1 minute ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I was warned about replying to you, now I see why.  The point was not about incentives he can hit this weekend.

Well, since I don't have time to look it up, sure you're right.  I'm positive that websites have all the contract details in them.

well yeah you shouldn't argue with me if you haven't looked it up and i have.  took like 2 minutes

12 minutes ago, DraftMaster said:

Odell didn't practice today, but even if Odell misses the whole week he could pull a T.Y. and still play.

Typically Thursday is the key practice day. I would say it is safe to say if he is out Thursday then he probably isn't playing.

If I'm NY I don't play him he's already hurt, I'm out of the playoffs. No need to have him play being hurt and have a chance to make it way worse. If it was ty Hilton shies I can see him playing colts needed him to stay in playoff contentions.  Giants don't. 

1 hour ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Odell is the highest paid WR of all-time, whether he suits up Sunday or not. Having said that, he does have some incentives built in to his contract, but he's not hitting any of these milestones on Sunday:

96 receptions ($500,000)
1,374 yards ($500,000)
12 TDs ($500,000)
$1M bonus for playoffs

Im curious if his TD passes count towards that incentive because hes thrown 2 tds this year.

At one point (it may still be true) the two longest completed passes in 2018 by a giants "QB" were both from OBJ at ~50 yards.

5 minutes ago, Mitch Connors said:

Im curious if his TD passes count towards that incentive because hes thrown 2 tds this year.

At one point (it may still be true) the two longest completed passes in 2018 by a giants "QB" were both from OBJ at ~50 yards.

Ha, I hadn't considered that. Even if those do count, he'd still need 4TDs on Sunday to hit his TD incentive.

5 hours ago, CR91 said:

Beckham missed practice again today

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-york-giants/Article/Giants-Thursday-Injury-Report-Week-16-Alec-Ogletree-Odell-Beckham-126682945/

Giants Thursday Injury Report (Week 16): Three starters are out

The New York Giants are likely to be without three starting players and one key role player when they attempt to derail the Indianapolis Colts' playoff hopes in Week 16.

On Thursday, the Giants practiced for the second time this week and several players were not with them. Starting wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. (quad), starting center Spencer Pulley (ankle), and starting inside linebacker Alec Ogletree (concussion) all did not practice Thursday. Russell Shepard, who has operated as the Giants' No. 3 wide receiver (ankle) also missed practice. All four players are not expected to play this Sunday against the Colts. Starting safety Michael Thomas returned to practice on Thursday and he is now expected to play on Sunday...

• Like 2

On 12/19/2018 at 11:52 AM, aaron11 said:

forget espn for a minute.  you know this is one of the smallest markets in the league right? we also have some of the smallest tv coverage maps.

the colts and pacers get little to no attention from other fans unless we are playing their team directly.  most of these probowl voters couldnt name 5 players on the team and think chubb is having a better year than leonard

I gotta say market size seems to matter much more in other sports than it does in the NFL.  KC is a tiny market, yet Mahomes is on TV every 3 seconds.  New Orleans is a tiny market - same story for Brees and the Saints this year.  During the Peyton years, when we were winning with star power, people were sick of us.  We were on national TV constantly, on ESPN constantly.  The media would begin talking about the Brady/Manning game 2 months before it happened.

The Pro Bowl snubs this year?   The Colts started 1-5, went 4-12 last year and haven't made the playoffs in three years.  If they start winning, it won't last.  All of these NFL awards have a team success component to them, whether people want to admit it or not.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The latest from NY Daily News:

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/ny-sports-odell-beckham-quad-20181220-story.html

What are the Giants doing? Just shut Odell Beckham down for the season for the love of quad!

...So Beckham was on his way right after the interview to go home and get more rehab, “trying to get it better.” Unfortunately, on the sideline at practice, he only jogged gingerly, rode the bike and worked with the jugs machine. In other words, he didn’t appear close at all.

And that is horrible news for Shurmur’s goal to finish the season strong.

Last week, the Giants started as three-point favorites vs. the Titans, which flipped to 1.5-point underdogs when Beckham was ruled out, and lost, 17-0. This week, the Colts are 9.5-point favorites, and the week is still young, with OBJ not even officially ruled out yet.

Barring some miracle, though, that news will be coming Friday, along with the realization that Sunday’s game in Indianapolis, for the Giants, is probably going to be a long one.

• Superman changed the title to UPDATE: Beckham ruled out for Sunday vs Colts
On 12/19/2018 at 10:05 AM, aaron11 said:

some people here have talked about sitting luck and others.  its worth bringing up that we dont actually have much in the way of incentives at the moment, but we did have quite a few under grigson.  

they did say most contracts too, so that could apply to either team.  their good players dont have them either 

Sitting Luck??? Who ever suggested that? I dont buy it.  You would have to be certifiably insane to think of sitting anyone in what is essentially a playoff game... against an opponent who certainly is capable of beating us.

5 minutes ago, DrLuck said:

Sitting Luck??? Who ever suggested that? I dont buy it.  You would have to be certifiably insane to think of sitting anyone in what is essentially a playoff game... against an opponent who certainly is capable of beating us.

i think it was before the Houston game and they were expecting us to be out of the playoff running.  i never i said i wanted to sit anyone, i dont believe in tanking or resting players that dont actually need it

Just now, aaron11 said:

i think it was before the Houston game and they were expecting us to be out of the playoff running.  i never i said i wanted to sit anyone, i dont believe in tanking or resting players that dont actually need it

I see. Makes a bit more sense, but still seems unlikely.  I don't think we would have been eliminated even if we lost to Houston anyway.

On 12/18/2018 at 12:22 PM, CR91 said:

Lets not get over confident. Dont overlook the giants just because we beat the cowboys. any given sunday.

Very Good post;  Giants have won 4 of their last 6, they have a likely OROY player and a capable QB...  Remember the Jaguars...  Go Colts!   :coltsfb:

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

The Giants have kept their team together and have won several lately. Because they beat the Titans though, are the Colts in if the year win this game? I’d rather the Titans game mean 0 than this one even though the Giants have played spoiler lately,.

Simple answer is NO. We have to Beat TN to get IN im almost certain. Colts can lose this game and get in but if they win doesn't secure a playoff berth. 

8 hours ago, strt182 said:

Simple answer is NO. We have to Beat TN to get IN im almost certain. Colts can lose this game and get in but if they win doesn't secure a playoff berth. 

If either of the Ravens/Steelers lose and the Titans lose then we win... then we're in.

Think we hold the tiebreak on the Titans.