Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

UPDATE: Beckham ruled out for Sunday vs Colts

CR91

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1679864

Ill admit im biased, but why would risk your best player's health when hes already injured in a meaningless game? 

Because you're the Giants and do dumb stuff like that???  I personally would rather he not played.  Gives Eli one less target.  I'm expecting Leonard & Walker to get a lot of work dealing with Saquon & Eli's checkdowns.

15 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

I highly doubt OBJ is out there. And even so, just give him the Hopkins treatment and blitz the hell out of Eli.

Evan Engram is going to get a lot of targets in this game.

I think BR recently posted a graphic showing Eli as one of the best QB's against the blitz this year.   Like around No.4. I think.   Of course I could be having another senior moment. 

I'm sorry, you don't sit players at the end of the year just because your team is not going to make the playoffs.

One, the guys that play in the NFL love playing football, why punish them by not letting them play?

Two, most contracts, especially for the skill positions, have incentives in them for number of games, number of plays, catches, TDs, etc.  The Players Union is not going to let a team sit a player, if he's healthy and cleared to play, because it could affect his pay and his next contract.

Three, whether the team is going to playoffs or not, each team is out there playing to win the game.  There are only 16 games a year... no game is meaningless.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, coltsnation said:

I don't think it would make much of a difference.  Two weeks in a row we faced two WRs playing better than him.  They had less than 70 yards COMBINED.  But if the Giants want an injury prone player to play with an injury for a meaningless game thats their fault.

Two WRs better than him?

13 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Two, most contracts, especially for the skill positions, have incentives in them for number of games, number of plays, catches, TDs, etc.  

grigson had a lot of those, but i dont think we have very many at the moment.  ebron has a 15 k per game bonus.  i dont believe our other receivers or backs have much in the way of incentives

i dont think they will sit anyone that is considered healthy though, definitely not andrew luck unless it becomes a blow out 

1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

grigson had a lot of those, but i dont think we have very many at the moment.  ebron has a 15 k per game bonus.  i dont believe our other receivers or backs have much in the way of incentives

i dont think they will sit anyone that is considered healthy though, definitely not andrew luck unless it becomes a blow out 

Dear Heavens...

He is talking about the Giants.

Of course the Colts are going to play everyone.

12 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

Dear Heavens...

He is talking about the Giants.

Of course the Colts are going to play everyone.

some people here have talked about sitting luck and others.  its worth bringing up that we dont actually have much in the way of incentives at the moment, but we did have quite a few under grigson.  

they did say most contracts too, so that could apply to either team.  their good players dont have them either 

Just now, aaron11 said:

some people here have talked about sitting luck and others.  its worth bringing up that we dont actually have much in the way of incentives at the moment, but we did have quite a few under grigson.  

obviously we are in the playoff hunt now, but that could change if we lose

This message boarding thing is a challenge for you, isn't it?

The conversation in the thread is about why the Giants, who are eliminated from playoff contention, should sit OBJ in what amounts to a meaningless game for THEM.  Other than you, there is no such conversation from anyone in this thread or anywhere else about the Colts sitting players.  Not for rest.  Not for financial incentives.  Nothing.  

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

I can guarantee you that all the Colts backs and receivers have incentives in their contracts.  But that really doesn't have anything to do with this thread or my post.

16 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

Thanks, but this is a thread about the Giants playing OBJ or not.  Not the Colts.

1 minute ago, jskinnz said:

This message boarding thing is a challenge for you, isn't it?

some people have in fact suggested sitting luck, maybe not in this thread but its happened recently.    i dont know why you always try to start stuff with me, especially when im right 

also everything i said yesterday is true.  leonard has been shafted by the fans and media over the probowl the same is going to happen for roty 

21 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

Giants are not a pushover football team. Yes, they got smacked by Tennessee, but they have also beaten Chicago and Houston. 

If Colts get cocky, they're cooked. Treat them like the Jags, and we're gonna lose. Treat them like the Giants and Dallas, and we should be able to win. 

Just look what the lowly Cleveland Cavs did to the hottest team in the NBA, The Pacers...  they all get paid and you can't overlook anyone or start reading your press clippings too much!

22 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I can guarantee you that all the Colts backs and receivers have incentives in their contracts.  But that really doesn't have anything to do with this thread or my post.

Thanks, but this is a thread about the Giants playing OBJ or not.  Not the Colts.

you are welcome.  odel has doesnt have any contract incentives he can hit in this game either  fyi  

you are wrong about the colts too.  they actually dont have them other than ebron.  feel free to look that up and you will see that im right!

4 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

some people have in fact suggested sitting luck, maybe not in this thread but its happened recently.    i dont know why you always try to start stuff with me, especially when im right 

also everything i said yesterday is true.  leonard has been shafted by the fans and media over the probowl the same is going to happen for roty 

You are the gift that keeps on giving.

Merry Christmas to me.

These people who suggested sitting Luck - please give me the context for these suggestions.  Is it when the playoffs are no longer a possibility?  Is it to prevent him from hitting incentive targets?  Or sit him against the Giants because this is a game they should win easily?  I am curious what "some people" have suggested.

4 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

You are the gift that keeps on giving.

Merry Christmas to me.

These people who suggested sitting Luck - please give me the context for these suggestions.  Is it when the playoffs are no longer a possibility?  Is it to prevent him from hitting incentive targets?  Or sit him against the Giants because this is a game they should win easily?  I am curious what "some people" have suggested.

you have not once proven me wrong. personally i wouldnt sit luck or anyone for that matter

we could be eliminated if we lose to the giants though making the last game meaningless. 

52 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Two, most contracts, especially for the skill positions, have incentives in them for number of games, number of plays, catches, TDs, etc.  The Players Union is not going to let a team sit a player, if he's healthy and cleared to play, because it could affect his pay and his next contract.

Odell is the highest paid WR of all-time, whether he suits up Sunday or not. Having said that, he does have some incentives built in to his contract, but he's not hitting any of these milestones on Sunday:

96 receptions ($500,000)
1,374 yards ($500,000)
12 TDs ($500,000)
$1M bonus for playoffs

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

you have not once proven me wrong. personally i wouldnt sit luck or anyone for that matter

we could be eliminated if we lose to the giants though making the last game meaningless.

If the debates we've had in the last couple of days was scored by a boxing referee, it would have been a TKO in my favor long ago.  

Have a nice day.

3 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

If the debates we've had in the last couple of days was scored by a boxing referee, it would have been a TKO in my favor long ago.  

Have a nice day.

ha, no they wouldnt

leonard is being shafted by the media.  when someone said "most skill player contracts have incentives"  i went off topic to correct them.  thats not true at all, most contracts are rookie deals or near vet minimum.  odel has no relevant incentives for this game either

Just now, aaron11 said:

ha, no they wouldnt

leonard is being shafted by the media.  when someone said "most contracts have incentives"  i went off topic to correct them.  thats not true at all, most contracts are rookie deals or near vet minimum.  odel has no relevant incentives for this game either

Leonard is a snub - no doubt.  But blaming the media is once again clueless.

Are you aware of how pro bowl voting works?  There is no media involvement - it is done by players, coaches and fans and all three weighted equally.  

2 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

Leonard is a snub - no doubt.  But blaming the media is once again clueless.

Are you aware of how pro bowl voting works?  There is no media involvement - it is done by players, coaches and fans and all three weighted equally.  

media effects the fans bud.  people outside of this market and fanbase dont watch the team so thats what they have to go by.