Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anyone else watching this Crazy Saints Game?

Gramz

• Gramz changed the title to Anyone else watching this Crazy Saints Game?
Just now, NFLfan said:

I was watching it. I expected a lot more points. I turned the TV off with about 2 minutes left, with Saints up 3 and about to score again. 

Well they didn't score again.  fumbled on the goal line, ruled a touchback.   Panthers had a chance to tie, but blew it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Girlzarefanstoo said:

I am really glad my team doesn't have a qb like Cam Newton.   They will never win with his inconsistency and mercurial emotions.  

That D however is punishing.  Ron Rivera needs to find another leader for his team.

Cam hasn't been the same since he got exposed by Denver in the SB. He has had spurts where he has played well but nothing like he did in 2015. 

• Like 1

His reactions are way too slow.  His throws are so erratic.  How do you build trust with your receivers without precision and consistancy? 

He used to score with his feet but they have taken that part of his game away (understandably).  There is no joy or passion in his game.  I was really sad watching him.  

I have never been a fan of running QBs.   They get injured and scared or physically damaged so they can't run.  Without developing a pocket game with wise and judicious runs their careers are cut short.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Girlzarefanstoo said:

His reactions are way too slow.  His throws are so erratic.  How do you build trust with your receivers without precision and consistancy? 

He used to score with his feet but they have taken that part of his game away (understandably).  There is no joy or passion in his game.  I was really sad watching him.  

I have never been a fan of running QBs.   They get injured and scared or physically damaged so they can't run.  Without developing a pocket game with wise and judicious runs their careers are cut short.

Yeah in 2015 a huge part of his success was running. When you get older, you just can not risk it. Luck doesn't run as much either and he used to do it quite a bit too. Now he just picks his spots. Luck is a better Passer than Cam though so that makes a difference in their games. Luck will end up a Hall of Famer like Rivers will if Luck stays healthy, not sure about Cam?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, runthepost said:

Apparently cam has a shoulder injury and has had it for sometime and he also was completing 69% of his passes this year which is an improvement over previous years 

^^^ This ^^^

If they didn’t have any chance for post season, he would be benched because of it.  He still might not play these last 2 games. We’ll see.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2811334-cam-newton-on-shoulder-injury-after-saints-loss-just-dont-have-the-strength

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

^^^ This ^^^

If they didn’t have any chance for post season, he would be benched because of it.  He still might not play these last 2 games. We’ll see.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2811334-cam-newton-on-shoulder-injury-after-saints-loss-just-dont-have-the-strength

Get an MRI get the surgery and recover is what should happen

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Girlzarefanstoo said:

I am really glad my team doesn't have a qb like Cam Newton.   They will never win with his inconsistency and mercurial emotions.  

That D however is punishing.  Ron Rivera needs to find another leader for his team.

Panthers D has been quite bad this year.  Cam’s problem is his shoulder is shot.  He needs to go get whatever treatment Luck got in Europe and probably rest for a season.

13 minutes ago, Nate! said:

Panthers D has been quite bad this year.  Cam’s problem is his shoulder is shot.  He needs to go get whatever treatment Luck got in Europe and probably rest for a season.

I havent watched the panthers other than last night.  If their d has sucked, then they just really know the saints.  Which is what happens in divisions.

1 hour ago, strt182 said:

Didn't he have a repair done around the same time as Luck?

Sort of, but Luck had a torn Labrum and an initial surgical repair in late January 2017 IIRC.   Newton had injured his shoulder in game 14 of 2016.  It was diagnosed as a 'partially' torn Rotator Cuff.  Rest over the winter did not heal it.  So they finally performed a debridement surgical procedure in late March 2017.

Different part of the shoulder, and a (supposedly) 'less traumatic' repair for Cam with quicker timetable to return.  But even Cam's return was delayed post procedure to return from where it was predicted. He wasn't even cleared to begin to throw overhand (throwing program begins) until the end of June 2017, and articles wondered if he was even fully back 2 games into the 2017 season. 

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article174459751.html

He's had problems with it this year, and it really came up early this month. There are indications another surgery is a possibility-

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25461387/panthers-cam-newton-says-repaired-shoulder-bothering-him

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1